Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/26/2003 2:26pm

Style: BJJ, No-Gi, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Weight room pet peeves

Please excuse this assy rant, but i gotta vent:

No matter where i go there is always some dude or group of jerk-asses that act like they got an axe to grind with me. what ever happened to "mind your own fucking business and lift?"

There's group of "bench kings" that are really burning my ass these days. I cycled through 6 fuckin' exercises in an hour while they spent that whole time on bench press and talkin' ****. after they found out that i am an acquaintance of one of the trainers there, they all changed their attitude towards me instantly. They still don't talk to me, but at least they don't talk about me while i'm within earshot anymore.
    Last edited by lechuza; 11/26/2003 2:31pm at .

Posted On:
    11/26/2003 2:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just do what i do mate------- hit the bench when they are finished and lift more than they did, that'll show em' .

Posted On:
    11/26/2003 2:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    better: Hit them WITH the bench AND the Barbell !!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/26/2003 2:50pm

Style: BJJ, No-Gi, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmm. i wonder how much physical intimidation i can get away with before anyone calls me on it?
    Oh yes, I forgot to mention that a couple of years ago i aske one of these ass clowns for a spot on bench. i was doing reps. at 275 and when I failed he just let the weight hang there and didn't help me until i let the weight back down on my chest. i was so fuckin' pissed, i just left. i didn't know what to do. i could have seriously killed this guy... so now i'm in this weird place of being thankful that i was able to control myself and not do something rash and being filled with regret for not getting up and killing that fucker (which is what i think most sensible guys would have done). i was just shocked that someone would actually do something like that. so i told some of the staff about what had happened (this was before my friend started working there)and all they did was decide to offer a "seminar" on how to properly spot people. FUCKERS!

Posted On:
    11/26/2003 2:59pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    people keep coming in and exercising
    WTH? I should have the whole place to myself!

not that I've been to the gym in three weeks :( :(
    Last edited by PizDoff; 11/30/2003 11:10am at .

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    11/26/2003 3:58pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys who try to intimidate me, because I'm not lifting high weights. I lift high rep/low weight for a reason, but they want to act like they have better right to the place becuase they're doing one rep at 300 or something (and doing it wrong, I might add) and they want to sit on the bench admiring what a stud they are for twenty minutes afterward.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    11/26/2003 4:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no.1 pet peeve:
    People who get on 'big movement exercises' (in particular squat and leg press) with way too much weight and go down 5 inches on each rep.

no.2 Pet peeve:

People who have a spotter(s) with them, put on way more weight they can do and then have the last 4-5 reps spotted.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/26/2003 5:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lechuza,

I also had such experiences with weird spotting. You really do have to explain presicely how you would like the spot performed beforehand. As in "If I can do 8, I'm going to try for 1 or 2 more. As as soon as the weight stops moving help me just enough to get it back on the rack. It helps to positition your hands as such, as well. Ready?." You just don't know who these yahoos are,and I guess ya can't really blame them for their ignorance. Just one of those things. Hell, I've had some idiot give me TOO much help with EVERY rep. Ugh!

And if he doesn't spot you well, talk to him like a child loudly in front of everyone. "Now, what I would have really preferred would be if you performed the spot as I had explained. Maybe we can do one more just as practice, and I can show you how to do it in the future."

Of course, what I do now is try to pick exercises which don't require a spotter.

As for my own pet peeves. Using the entire squat cage for BICEP CURLS!
    Last edited by Nid; 11/26/2003 6:02pm at .

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    11/27/2003 8:53pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. homos
    2. old men who leave their schlongs hanging out in the locker room and make no attempt to cover up.
    3. retards whose spotters are getting more of a barbell row workout than they are of a bench press.
    4. people who flirt at the gym

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2003 1:31am

Style: BJJ and MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wear a Full Contact Fighter shirt and work out with ppl who fight HW.

Nobody says **** to me, lol.

What I hate are the people who do curls int he power rack. or people who do 7 different types of curls and have a day just dedicated to biceps.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast