Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2008 10:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spoiler:
    yea after watching the fights thats all i could think, if he poped up then maybe, but since when is laying on your belly attemping to secure turtle position intelligent defense? also i loved page getting choked out, i figured the first one was going to tap him, but that 2nd one was a sure thing
    Last edited by Wolf; 8/04/2008 11:29am at .

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    8/04/2008 11:31am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah! Screw you guys that picked Damacio. I know brian well, and knew he had all the tools to beat page. WAR BRIAN!!! BRING ON TORRES!!!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2008 11:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was ready to see torres and bowles after brians last fight, hes good everywhere it looks like hes strong enough to give torres some trouble, but torres is pretty aggressive standing and i think he just might beat brian with his pace.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2008 12:13pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Yeah! Screw you guys that picked Damacio. I know brian well, and knew he had all the tools to beat page. WAR BRIAN!!! BRING ON TORRES!!!
    Torres vs Bowels would be a great fight! I would pick Torres (look at my picks, I'm the worst), but, I would not be surprised by a Bowels' win. Brian bowels is tough, good stand up and good ground game. I really like the WEC and I'm surprised that there is not more talk about about the league on this site. FREE FIGHTS THAT ARE GREAT!

I'm bummed by the Hicks loss, I thought he could win Varner's belt. I woke my wife up yelling at the tv screen. "No Marcus, no no Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". Marcus Hicks must have taken 40 shots to the head, and he was still STANDING! That was a good card and a nice way to start the week.

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    8/04/2008 3:41pm

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Cephalopod
    Hard to argue the Miura stoppage was premature when the dude couldn't get up for like three minutes afterwards
    I don't see it that way. The fight was stopped, he knew his day was done. I would have just said **** it and took my time getting my bearings back before getting up too. You nor I know if he coulda gone one more. I just thought he was more then capable of riding out the last 20 seconds of the fight.

I hear ya Beezer, that Hicks is a tough dude. I for one would love to see him study the tapes and come back for a rematch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2008 8:16pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a great night of fights, I actually got to go to that, and the weigh-ins the night before. Kickass time man. Condit/Miura was a friggin war, of course Stann/Cantwell was insane too. We came to the conclusion that Stann has concrete reinforced skull heh.

I got lucky enough to be there with Mammoth Entertainment, so we got to hang out with Rory and Brian etc, man Brian is a no-nonsense guy and just so crazy humble. "Do you think i got sub of the night?" Um, hell yeah, he was out on his feet man, great fight!

Brock Larson was a kickass fight too, man that guy is explosive. I hope they showed his (thought they did due to extra time?), I'd like to see him get moved back onto the main card. I really wanted Kenji to win his fight, but he fought well also.

Man, Varner/Hicks... holy crap what a great fight.

I can't wait to watch them all on the tube so I can catch the commentary and interviews though, can't hear squat from the floor.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    8/06/2008 10:34am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    Condit
    Stann (didn't they already fight?)
    Varner
    Page
    Anyone who thought Page could beat Bowles was smoking crack. Bowles will be WEC champ any day now.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    8/06/2008 1:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mixed Bowles up with someone else. My apologies to him. I really screwed up that call.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    8/06/2008 2:09pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For everybody who thought the Miura stop was premature - medical suspensions just came back from the show; he's got an orbital fracture.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2008 2:19pm

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ouch.

That is never good... I hope he heals up well. He deserves a good future in the sport after that showing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12