Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 2:39pm

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can see it now. Five years from now there is a huge megathread on who has the real "Moo Thai" and who has the correct lineage.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 2:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rumi Maki

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 2:42pm

Style: Arnis, BJJ, Judo (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I hope not. Kickboxing is to much contact for most people so it becoming a thing the average joe and jane want to do is just going to result in it getting more and more sucky.
    unfortunately it's starting to look that way here, because of the media attention and the growing populartiy of kickboxing as a sport here. People see it and think it looks cool and start doing it and as you said about the average person wanting to do it will ultimately get it watered down if it does start growing in popularity.

Posted On:

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope not. Kickboxing is to much contact for most people so it becoming a thing the average joe and jane want to do is just going to result in it getting more and more sucky.
    Oi! I passed a school the other day that had a giant 'MUAY THAI' sign in stickers on the front window. I strolled in during a cardio kickboxing class to talk to the instructor about maybe sparring some of his students sometime. ( I always have my gear in my trunk, just in case)

So I asked him when the muay thai classes went on, to which he said "this is the muay thai class"I look around....no gloves...no nothing, just alot of ladies and guys in short shorts kicking and flailing into the air to the "it takes two to make a thing go right. it take two to make it out of sight" song.

The next big thing will be bareknuckle boxing. Of course, it won't actually be bareknuckle boxing, it will be more like interpretive dance.( but you wear hand wraps)
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1K3
    I can see it now. Five years from now there is a huge megathread on who has the real "Moo Thai" and who has the correct lineage.
    I believe its pronounced muy thigh.

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 2:47pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They're already watering down jiujitsu. It's just your turn now.
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 2:49pm

Style: Arnis, BJJ, Judo (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1K3
    just like "_ing _un"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 2:51pm

Style: Aunkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My honest opinion. Internal martial arts skills. Probably will hit in about 3-5 years from now.

I don't mean hippie tai chi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 3:02pm

Style: hard work work

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hl1978
    My honest opinion. Internal martial arts skills. Probably will hit in about 3-5 years from now.

I don't mean hippie tai chi.
    So all of their opponents will win the match but die from chi sickness in like, what, 7-10 years?

Or did you mean that the damage has already been done and they'll all keel over in 3-5?

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 3:04pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, he meant 'it will hit in 3-5 years' in the same sense as 'that record's gonna drop on aug 15th'.

He meant that in 3-5 years everyone will be doing tai chi because, having chi been proved inside the cage for combat effectiveness, everything else will be uneccesary.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast