Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 3:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Note* I was training regularly (5 times a week) including pad work at least 3, from Feb. until the end of May. Albeit without sparring. My schedule changed, and my training suffered. I will fight again, although not before dropping at least a weight class. I just need to break 190. Should be a piece of cake. I'd rather fight at 170 or so, but that isn't happening too awfully soon.

Yes, I fully understand my need to spar. I have had 6 separate guys offer themselves up for weekly sparring since I posted my fight; and I plan on taking full advantage of these.

If I'm not getting punched in the face I have decent technique. honest. I'll post video if I have to.

Regardless, thanks for all the encouragement (and discouragement), advice, and insight. I do appreciate it.

*edit* and blisterstarr, I hate you sometimes. :tongue2:
    Last edited by murderethic; 8/10/2008 3:23am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 3:13pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    OK.

but I swear to god, if one more douchebag without an "amateur fighter" or "Pro fighter" tag posts in this thread about how the OP "Wasn't ready" or that he should have used this technique or that technique, I am gonna start issuing e-challenges.
    I don't have an amateur figther tag. I spend maybe 10 minutes a month in here, so I havent given any thought about upping my e-status.

My last 2 fights were in the Games of Texas, 141 novice division at Woodlawn Gymnasium in San Antonio, Texas. July 25th 08 victory by DEC, July 27th 08 finals match, loss by DEC. They were my 9th and 10th fight. I sold my soul training, and have another Silver medal hanging from my Mantle downstairs. (took 2nd the first time in same Tourny in 06 in Waco, TX)

As far as I'm concerned, I can close the book on boxing, I did my best and now I need to give up dreams of being a champion. So I've joined the Navy, swore in last friday. I don't plan on fighting there, although I'll see if the urge creeps back in after some time.

edit: this would be me taking first in LBC tourny Nov 06 and my trainer Ann Wolfe
    Last edited by Nemesai; 8/10/2008 3:19pm at .

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 3:38pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You train with anne wolfe? She's bad ass. She's like one of the only chicks in the world where I'd be the one trying for the take down.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 4:13pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    You train with anne wolfe? She's bad ass. She's like one of the only chicks in the world where I'd be the one trying for the take down.
    Have on an off for about 3-4 years now, and nowhere else since I first met her. She's definitely a demon with the hands and back when she fought, she outworked any of us in the gym. Did what we did, but with weights on, or in plastics. She mostly instructs now, but still performs the aerobics with us on Tue/Thur in the same fashion as before.

She definitely got me in the best shape of my life. I took unofficially the fitness test for Navy Diver last wednesday. Side stroke swim for 500 yards in 14 min or less, 10 minute rest, 42 pushups in 2min, 2 minute rest, 50 situps in 2min, 2 min rest, 6 pullups, 10 minute rest, then 1.5mile run in 12:45 or less.

I'd never done sidestroke before, so they taught me, and I had 14:14 the first time, 49push ups, 63 situps, 10pullups, 11:50ish on the run. But I was the only guy there to finish the run, and only one other managed the push/sit/pull ups. The Seal guy who ran the course was pretty blown away with my performance. I've been working on the swim technique, so I'm going to tear up that 14 minute next time when I officially take the test.
    Last edited by Nemesai; 8/10/2008 7:03pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 10:38pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to fight... does my opinion still count? -Grins-

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/10/2008 11:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khun Kao
    I used to fight... does my opinion still count? -Grins-
    No! Now hush you. No tag, no talking.

Posted On:
    8/11/2008 5:01am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope scrapper e-challenges me so i get a paid flight to the USA. Seriously that would be worth getting beat up for, especially if the gym i choose is Disneyland.
    Last edited by Sang; 8/11/2008 5:32am at .

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/11/2008 7:24am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula
    No! Now hush you. No tag, no talking.
    Now were on the same page!

You are only as good as your little virtual electronic taggy things!
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345