United States Marine.

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 4:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WordMerchant
    I dunno what "streets" you live on... but I dont see alotta fucking groin kicking on mine.

Me neither. I suggest OP moves...

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 4:13am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do i get the impression that 95% of the threads about 'Stre3t' fighting are posted by middle class kids from the suburbs?

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 5:46am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're really interested in learning about how to deal with groin attacks, get a good cup and tell your next sparring partner it's ok to kick you in the junk.
    Or, fight me.

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 6:17am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, if i ever get in a street fight i'm going to clinch up and start kneeing them in the balls until there are no balls left, then stop hitting them since hitting women is wrong. If someone is close enough to knee you, a trained fighter in the balls then you should really have controlled them/have them lying in a pool of their own blood by now. If they go to soccer kick you in the nuts (a highly telegraphed attack) there are so many ways to deal with this i can't be bothered explaining them.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 1:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    If you're really interested in learning about how to deal with groin attacks, get a good cup and tell your next sparring partner it's ok to kick you in the junk.
    Or, fight me.

quoted for truth, and painful, painful experience.

McClaw has t3h r34l kr0tty.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2008 12:22pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Street attacks! Personally I think this thread is in the wrong forum (it should be in the self defence one). Streetfighting is a felony. Run! That should be you first option. If you are in no shape to run probably you are in no shape to fight. How many people are attacking you? Are they armed? Are you armed? Do you live in a dangerous neighborhood? What kind of "legal weapons" can you carry on you in your area? Are you a big guy or a small shrimp"? A woman? People who attack others are sociopaths. As a rule of thumb YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS! If you are, you are greatly reducing the chances of an attack. Thugs usually look for easy prey. Don't become one. DO NOT ALLOW ANY STRANGER TO GET CLOSER THAN ARMS LENGHT TO YOU! If some ask you for THE TIME extend your wristwatch arm away from you so that he has to look away from you to look at the time. Do you have a cigarette, a quarter, a krispy doughnut? Should be answer by a firm NO especially at night. Glance over your shoulder your attacker might not be alone. Keep you hands in front of you elbows tucked in, in a non threatening manner. If you are familiar with the concept of the fence put your leading hand farther away to gauge the distance, the BJJ prayer stance also works. 1)Tell the person to back off and if he doesn't hit him with you Sunday punch (or strike) that is your favorite most efficient strike (not flying kicks pleeease). 2)Another option particularly if you gut is screaming "DANGER" don't say anything just hit him (you'll add the element of surprise) personally I would throw as straight/overhand right or left (rear hand srike)aiming at the throat. If you miss you'll hit him in the chin, but if you don't... After you hit him RUN ( you can also scream FIRE as you run, crying for help usually doesn't work). If you are a good kicker (MT/SAVATE) a couple of of rounhose kicks to the knee or the illiotibial band can also be a good deterrant; plus your attacker will not be able to run after you. Another viable target if it becomes available to you is the nape of the neck. Agood strike there will affect the persons balance or knock him unconcious. Whatever you do hit as hard as you can AS IF YOU LIFE DEPENDED ON IT because it does ; after a couple of strikes get the hell out of there! Your attacker might not be alone. You can call the police only after you're safe.
    Cheers.

Posted On:
    9/18/2008 12:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Paragraphs are useless on the streets.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2008 3:19pm

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Use the Kung-Fu against all attackers one and many . If that fails go back and get weapons ....

Posted On:
    9/18/2008 3:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow ^ just wow

"nape of the neck" strike for the win!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2008 12:30am

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there are two variations i've seen on "street fights" here ( near a large university ):

1) typical drunk college students either shoving or flailing punches at innocent or not so innocent bystanders, and

2) typical residentially challenged men attempting an assault on a potential victim, often grappling with the intention of using a weapon ( shank or screwdriver ). sometimes a second person was used to distract the victim.

i'm no expert on street fights, but i've yet to see the groin kick employed. too many guys are sensitive to that kind of attack and know to avoid it. i have to agree with other posters above - grappling is very dangerous when you don't know all the variables. there's another post of mine in the weapons forum about being attacked with a manriki by a panhandler.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast