Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 7:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dana's 2001 Interview

http://www.fightsport.com/fightsport...t_archive.html

Interviewer: There are other people watching you, other organizations, pulling for you to get the UFC in Las Vegas.

Dana White: The first thing I did when we bought the UFC was call Yukino Kanda from PRIDE. I told her there was always a war between the UFC and PRIDE... I told her the war is over.
    Our office staff started clapping and cheering when I made that call.
    Then I called Terry Trebilcock from King of The Cage, Paul Smith from IFC. I talked to Jamie Levin from WEF today. Basically, these guys were all at war with each other and I want to work together. The sport of mixed martial arts is fighting so many other foes, whether it's cable companies or political foes, that we need to stick together and work to further the sport.

*****Its Amazing how time and principles Changes over years ****:la: :la: :la:

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    8/01/2008 12:21am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. Dana Rocks. The guy knows his business.

ˇViva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    8/02/2008 7:37am

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hasn't he been dicking over under-card fighters on purses though? ie, paying them fucking pennies while reaping huge rewards? I mean, you can't do that **** forever and expect to always draw the best fighters. The MMA market will rectify itself if he stays that course and may lose franchise goodwill because of it.

I also think he could do with some more market penetration by providing more fucking undercard fights in between big shows.
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/02/2008 2:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Wukong
    hasn't he been dicking over under-card fighters on purses though? ie, paying them fucking pennies while reaping huge rewards? I mean, you can't do that **** forever and expect to always draw the best fighters. The MMA market will rectify itself if he stays that course and may lose franchise goodwill because of it.

I also think he could do with some more market penetration by providing more fucking undercard fights in between big shows.
    I assume you're talking about the guys who's fights aren't generally televised. UFC pays its undercard fighters as much or more than anyone else. Take a look at UFC undercard payouts and compare them to orgs like Elite XC. The pay might be crap, but it's usually the best those fighters can get until they get some solid wins.

Literally half the Elite XC NBC card had lower payouts schemes than the lowest payed guys on the free Anderson Silva fight night card.

As for Dana's phone call, whatever's convenient at the time=bank.
    Last edited by List; 8/02/2008 2:19pm at .

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    8/02/2008 2:28pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys in the undercard fights are just happy to get their name in the big show. Only a total fool would demand more money when they haven't even fought in the big show yet.

The real prize of an undercard fight is the chance to make good money in an actual fight card.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    8/02/2008 4:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plus UFC undercard guys can still get huge bonuses.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    8/02/2008 5:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, nothing like employers coming together to cooperate and set pay limits to screw over fighters by not allowing them to bid between different orgs.