Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 12:14am

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Started training again!

Well I started training again and it felt great! I had alot of fun. I went back to my old school, (UIMA.) training in mma/bjj. Tonight we did mostly thai pad training/drills and I was'nt as out of shape as I thought I would be. Anyway after taking several months off it felt really good to be back in training. I think after I get back into the swing of thing's I'm going to try some grappling competitions. I am 37 but my body feels pretty good, so I'm going to give it a whirl. I would really like to give amature mma a try, but I'm still not sure if that's gonna ever happen or not. Anyway this probably aint worthy of a thread, but I had to post anyway.

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 12:18am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodedmonk
    Well I started training again and it felt great! I had alot of fun. I went back to my old school, (UIMA.) training in mma/bjj. Tonight we did mostly thai pad training/drills and I was'nt as out of shape as I thought I would be. Anyway after taking several months off it felt really good to be back in training. I think after I get back into the swing of thing's I'm going to try some grappling competitions. I am 37 but my body feels pretty good, so I'm going to give it a whirl. I would really like to give amature mma a try, but I'm still not sure if that's gonna ever happen or not. Anyway this probably aint worthy of a thread, but I had to post anyway.
    Good for you. Generally there's a "seniors" or "masters" division. Some of them have multiple divisions for different age groups. The local tournaments have a 30-40 bracket, so it's possible you may be able to find something similar and not have to worry about the age difference too much.
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 12:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where the hell is Carson, WA and how did they get a Pedro Sauer affilate? Also, congrats on getting back in the gym. There's a comp in November, maybe I'll see you there.

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 12:34am

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    Where the hell is Carson, WA and how did they get a Pedro Sauer affilate? Also, congrats on getting back in the gym. There's a comp in November, maybe I'll see you there.
    Carson Wa. is about 45 minnutes east of Vancouver wa. It's a bit of a drive, but unless tkd or tai chi is my thing that's the way the cookie crumbles! UIMA is actually located in Washougal wa. The senior instructor there is a purple belt and former f.c.f.f lightweight champion in amature mma.