Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 6:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon
    Extraordinary. I don't know much about drugs so I don't know how relevant taking some things would be in preparing for Silva. Does it help to explain the very quick KO or was that a mix of poor tactics by Irvin and exceptional alertness/responsiveness by Silva.

Having watched the build-up (I'm in London) I almost (almost) felt short-changed by the result but you couldn't argue with what happened.

Now, I'm puzzled. An explanation is needed of what he took; how much; why.

I don't think he'll get a re-match though(!)
    The overwhelmingly likely explanation is that one/several of his (many) injuries meant that he couldn't fight unless he was dosed to the gills.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 6:35am

Style: BJJ (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was coming off of foot surgery. That would be my guess.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 6:39am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    The overwhelmingly likely explanation is that one/several of his (many) injuries meant that he couldn't fight unless he was dosed to the gills.
    My doctor friend had the same conclusion. Irvin might have been addicted to the Oxymorphone (for pain), and was using Methadone to get off the Oxymorphone. This is a sad story, James Irvin will need a great deal of support from his friends and family.

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 8:19am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiltboy
    Well if I was gonna plan on getting punched right in the mouth by Silva, i might take some pre fight painkillers too!!
    Going by the build-up Irvin got, I thought he was going to do this to Silva.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 10:21am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 2:20pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Methadone is indeed used to ween opiate addicts. It's supposed to be dispensed at controlled locations in incrementally decreasing doses. I don't think it's usually used for recreational value because it lacks the euphoria that people associate with opiates.
    Yeah, that's more or less the case. In addition it's also used for management of chronic pain, because it's cheaper than most other opiates that are effective for it, and dependence is easier to manage.

Either way, not much of a party drug. He was seriously fucked up in one way or another if he was on it.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 2:31pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Methadone is way worse for you than heroin in what it does to your body though. I remember when studying in Amsterdam we had someone from their drug policy come and talk to a class about Dutch Drug laws, treatment, etc...

Someone asked, "if they use methadone to get people off of heroin, what do they do to get people off of methadone"

Drug lady: "Nothing. It is alot worse for you but at least you are not as much a danger to the comminuty."

that's rough.
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 3:49pm

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm guessing I am the only person on the board who has had any real experience with methadone so I will chime in. Cyril the **** your "drug lady" was spouting out is ridiculous. Opiates don't really do any damage to your body. The lifestyle of a junky is what does the damage. Dirty needles, poor diet, shitty living conditions ect. Heroin is way worse for you then methadone. Heroin is produced illegally, so there is no governing body like the FDA to monitor its production. You have any idea what kind of **** herion is cut with? As for the euphoria factor of opiates/opioids that generally is decided by 2 factors. 1) the half life of the opiate/opioid and 2) which of the 3 receptor sites they stimulate. Methadone has the longest half life of any opiate/opioid. This means it takes much longer for your body to metabolise it, thus making it last allot longer then most others. It won't really get you super buzzed unless you have no tollerance to opioids. It will most likelly make you sick. On the opposite side of the coin you have say fentanyl. Now this **** is strong, so strong it is dispensed in micrograms. It packs a real wallop, I have never been higher in my life. My experiance with this drug has been absolutely beautiful. Never experianced anything like it. Fentanyl has a extremely short half life, because of this it is generaly used in a transdermal patch.

Having been on methadone for a period of 2 and a half years I know its absolute hell coming off of it. Sad truth is most people do not. I spent 8 months detoxing off of it. The first 3 months were full of me vomiting, almost shitting my pants on multiple occasions. Hallucinations, sever muscle spasms, no appitite, ice cold appendages and endlessly sweating. It was hell on earth and the most difficult obsticle I have faced in my life. In cyrils post the question comes up, "if they use methadone to get people off of heroin, what do they do to get people off of methadone." The real answer to this question is the drug be buphrenorphine. It is an amazing drug. It has proven far more effective in treating opiate addiction then any other. Sadly it is not readily perscribed in North America due to many reasons. I will only mention one. Methadone clinics make a ton of money and their patrons rarely come off of it.(I have atleast 2 dozen funny/strange stories I could tell about the type of people you run into at a methadone clinic.) Buphrenorphine is commonly used in many western European countries, and is almost exclusively used in the Scandinavian countries for opiate addiction. With very high success rates I must add.

I am going to 2nd the thought that Irvin was using methadone to ween off of the oxymorphone.

Lastly, I was never a herion addict, that is not the reason I was on methadone. I have had 3 shoulder surgeries. The second one was botched and in the process of needing a 3rd surgery I ran into some difficulties and lost my health insurance. My pain doctor recommended me to go to a methadone clinnic because it was the only option for me financially. When I finally had my 3rd surgery, I finally got to the point were I was not in need of pain medication and went though the hellatios task of withdrawaling from the pain meds. My advice to any and everybody is research every perscribed or over the counter medicine you take. That and remember, if you take opiates/opioids for longer then 2 weeks your body has already built a tolerance and a level of physical dependence.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 3:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    You have any idea what kind of **** herion is cut with?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    Fentanyl
    Ugh, Cheap joke was cheap. (a **** load of people died up here a while back from people cutting H with Fentanyl...)

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer
    This is a sad story, James Irvin will need a great deal of support from his friends and family.
    I'm sure Anderson Silva would offer him some more "tough love"

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 10:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl
    Methadone is way worse for you than heroin in what it does to your body though. I remember when studying in Amsterdam we had someone from their drug policy come and talk to a class about Dutch Drug laws, treatment, etc...

Someone asked, "if they use methadone to get people off of heroin, what do they do to get people off of methadone"

Drug lady: "Nothing. It is alot worse for you but at least you are not as much a danger to the comminuty."

that's rough.
    Yeah that is rough but honestly what other option is there. I mean its not as if Heroin addicts are worried about their health so why should the rest of society worry. I mean it is a valid point that its better to have them addicted to something they can get for free than robbing people to get their Heroin.

This whole story is very depressing. Guess I'll just have to go watch some Risque Agency http://www.digitalfuntown.com/videos/91 cause those chicks are freakin hot.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast