Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 11:46am

Style: JKD and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    A former student of mine trains with Moni, and he lent me that DVD.

I agree that the vanilla self-defence guy was the best of the lot - verbal de-escalation, followed by a good barrage of good strikes if that didn't work. Attacker was wearing padding so that the demonstrator could actually throw some hits, rather than just indicating his shots.

The FMA'er was Leo Gaje, who was almost as disappointing as the _ing _unner. Gaje would do these long strings of techniques on his absolutely compliant partner, and would finish with the attacker on the ground, immobilized with a joint lock, and then Gaje would pull a knife and slice hell out of him.

The chunner was comically disappointing. His defence against a double-leg takedown included a kick to the groin - no more need be said.

And, of course, Moni. Acceptable technique, although against a compliant opponent.
    Yeah, I agree with you the plain vanilla dude was good. His stuff was the easiest to understand and made the most sense. I could see regular joe and jane learning from him easy.

The FMA guy was really fun to watch, but it was like 23 join manipulations later I'm wondering how many hundred times would one need to practice just that one scenario to even remember it and execute it in slow motion?

The Chunner was interesting once and awhile, but agree with your view, on Moni also, I'm not sure how "alive" they are in classes though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 4:13pm

Style: TKD/Kickboxing/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I attended a seminar given by Moni a few years ago. Most of it was pretty basic self defense stuff. I found the techniques for controlling attackers on the ground a little tough to pull off, so not the most useful in a high-stress situation. The only negative I had was that I felt it odd to bring a live fire weapon (although it was not loaded) into a mixed class that included beginners.

Posted On:
    12/25/2009 1:41am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >I entered into a personal development service
    agreement with the above named business and
    >paid the sum of $2,000.00 in US dollars in order
    >to participate in the self-defence club offered by
    >the business. I attended a five-day training
    >program in Ontario in >March of 2007.
    >I completed the training program, passed
    >rigorous requirements and received a certificate
    >indicating my status as a licensed instructor
    >of the system, valid for one year until the
    >date March 22, 2008, (attached as >Combat_Survival_Certificate.pdf ).

So i guess you are a huge fan of Karate Kid and you believe in miracles?

Seriously you have paid 2k for 5 days course and you believe it qualifies
    you to be an instructor?

Wake up man.IMO you deserve losing your money, it may be a good wake up call.There is no single move you can learn in five days and you believe
    you are a qualified sensei after that crash course.
    Last edited by stadironin; 12/25/2009 1:45am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2010 10:24am

Style: Reality Self Defense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I rented out my place to Moni and for that I was able to take his McDojo super size and very expensive pile of crap for free....So I "was" what he calls a Level 2 Instructor...

If you have ANY handgun experience or blade certifications or training whatsoever, NO one would do ANY of those crazy ass moves that he incorporates into his system...He is a jackass hands down....Let alone how he readies a handgun...Commando he is not, he is full of crap...
    He follows the same BULL CRAP PATH of Avi Nardia, and Jim Wagner...This subject has been beaten over and over again with the false "3"

STILL, people are taking this crap, you know why, because they don't have to work hard and if they get a sense of false confidence that's all that matters....

MONI is a PHONY but he sure as hell knows how to sell this piece of crap....

One of the better websites to look at: (Sorry if it is already posted is)
    http://martialartslies.blogspot.com/

I am just fed up with these REALITY SELF DEFENSE/MILITARY SELF DEFENSE SYSTEMS POPPING UP all over the place, or douche bags who repackage something and call it something new...

Not really worried about them, because quality is quality, **** is still ****....

Thoughts?
    Last edited by zipit777; 2/03/2010 10:42am at . Reason: misspell

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 5:16pm

Style: Reality Self Defense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thought you would all like to see this:

http://www.fakeselfdefenseinstructors.com/

Posted On:
    3/12/2010 8:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Moni exposed

Quote Originally Posted by Telum View Post
    CKM, formerly known as Combat Survival (see: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21352 )

makes several claims about its founder, Moni Azik. His webpage and biography is here: http://www.commandokravmaga.com/html/biography.html

Among these claims are:
    1) He was an Israeli Judo Champion
    -This one is true - he was a junior judo champion in Israel
    2) He was a member of an elite Israeli commando unit.

-This one is true, but extremely misleading. Moni, as a promising judoka, was not assigned to combat. He was trained as a physical fitness trainer, and was assigned to an elite unit as their physical fitness leader. He never served in combat. In photos of him and his unit, he is wearing a white shirt underneath his uniform. Combat soldiers always wear green shirts, while noncombat soldiers wear white.
    3) The IDF asked Moni to improve their combat curriculum.
    -The IDF denies this claim. IDF Krav Maga is formulated by the Wingate Institute, which Moni is not a member of.

4) He trained under
    World Judo and Sambo Champions Isao Okano and Katsuhiko Kashiwazaki
    -This one I have no idea if it is true or not.
    5) Moni trained "
    Ultimate Fighting Champion Carlos Newton, Japanese Shooto star Joel Gerson"
    -Again, no idea if this is true.
    6) Moni co-created Krav Maga with Imi Litchenfeld
    -This one is so absurd (Moni is only about 50) that he has stopped saying so. He did say this in several interviews however.

This is not to say however, that Moni is not an excellent fighter. He is excellent at judo and jujutsu, and if he had just called his fighting system Israeli Jiujutsu, instead of making these unfounded claims, nobody would care.

Also, some technique demonstrations: http://www.commandokravmaga.com/html/techniques.html

Gotta love that groin stab at the bottom.

http://www.commandokravmaga.com/html/testimonials.html

Some other claims (which I dont see on his website, so I am not listing them up above):
    He and his 74 man unit were ambused by 1000 syrians and only a handful survived.

http://www.krav-maga-bristol.org.uk/commando.html
    http://commandokravmaga.com.au/forum...php?topic=77.0
    http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthre...?t=2838&page=3

Anyway, could you kind people help me check the UFC and shooto claims?

[url]

WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW!

I finally talked to Itay Gil about the Moni Aizik subject. I First saw them both on the show on Discovery Channel called Human Weapon. I ran afoul of Moni's CKM program and one of his instructors gave me level 1 and 2 cds. I observed the training and noticed vast difference between CKM and KM. I saw all these blogs and became concerned. Common sense told me to contact the other man I saw on that show and I did. I went to Itay's protect-usa.com website and got his email address and sent him a detailed message about what Moni is doing out here in the states. He emailed me back and asked me to contact him on Skype. Well I did speak with him for close to 40 minutes about this and he told me that he only met Moni once for about half an hour where he came to him for help about legal problems teaching his system. After this Itay kept getting emails from people asking him about Moni's validity with Israel special forces. Well being the fact that Itay is the real deal and did train and was in the special forces in Israel, he does have many contacts in high areas in the military. He did his own investigations and found that no one on that side of the military ever heard of Moni. As a matter of fact, they found that because Moni was considered a "gifted athlete" because of his olympic candidacy, in Judo he was selected as a personal trainer for physical fitness. He told me that because of this, Moni never even graduated the training for KM in the military because he never did the real military training. As I understand it, this would be the same as a military advisor on distance running claiming to be the co-founder and trainer of Sniper School. This being true, he could not possibly be able to teach the special forces and damn sure did not help Imi Lichenfeld found the system of KM if he knew him at all. Well he also found out that he did not train anyone in the military as an outside contractor afterwards because you would have to register with the base to get on the base and especially if you are going to do or teach any kind of training. Moni is basically stealing everything he can to make money. He stole the reputation of Israel special forces, and he stole the name of Krav Maga and added it to his system so that it can seem as if it is combat proven and effective. The way he covers for this is by saying that it is KM but evolved. What I can say about CKM is that the training regime is similar to KM as far as teaching how to fight when exhausted and stressed etc. But what good is all that if you find out that your methods are not combat effective. Using the KM name does not make your methods work under fire. I think this can be very dangerous to people learning that KM is truly one of the most effective systems in the world but then find out that CKM is not combat effective when they are laying on a hospital bed. I'm not saying CKM is not effective but how can one be sure when the only thing the founder is doing is making false claims. Through common sense and deductive reasoning one could come to the conclusion that the system is just as fake as all it's claims. You all do the math!!!

Posted On:
    8/22/2010 2:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FMA noob, RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    According to that reliable aforementioned blog and sister blog (www.moniaizik.info), Moni's just got his assed served with a class action suit against him, and he's also being investigated by US Immigration!

Too bad , so sad. . .he should have seen this coming. :pity:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/06/2011 6:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://martialartslies.blogspot.com/...oni-aizik.html

His lying incessantly about his military career and having 'improved' Krav Maga because the founder was apparently deficient has apparently finally caught up with him.

Unfortuantely, not before he ended up appearing on TV in the Human Weapons series, so for awhile it looks like he raised his profile very high as a legitimate Krav Maga instructor.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123