Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 3:34pm

Style: JKD and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His stuff used to and may still show on Fight network early every morning, round 7 Am or so. It would show short instructionals by Moni, and usually some FMA guy, an EBMAS guy and another dude that did some plain vanilla self-defense stuff (which I actually think was the best of the lot).

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 10:27pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actually, I just double checked revmma.com to read Joel's bio on the instructors page and he talks about training with Moni there, along with Newtons' name being mentioned as well
    I'd link it but I'm typing from my phone...can't copy/paste

Posted On:
    12/02/2008 8:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: CKM and Aiki Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just a reply

I have studied several systems and arts over the year.
    Before you decide to bash someone you better get your facts straight.

I trained under some top martial artists and Moni by far has the most respect.

While others bash each others sytems, art, or instructor, Moni has never said anything derogatory about others or other arts. Plus until you have trained under him you should not bash his system. His knowledge and professionalism art top notch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2008 12:31am

Style: Karate, Krav Maga, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CKM_Mike
    Care to refute a single thing I said?

Oh: http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudicati..._ADJ_45208.htm

Moni was cited by the British Advertising Standards Authority. He is no longer allowed to claim to be an ex-special forces soldier and a counter-terrorism expert, at least in Britain.
    Last edited by Telum; 12/03/2008 12:36am at .

Posted On:
    1/06/2009 5:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

While others bash each others sytems, art, or instructor, Moni has never said anything derogatory about others or other arts. Plus until you have trained under him you should not bash his system. His knowledge and professionalism art top notch.
    What ? You mean the same Moni Aizik who claimed to teach the improved form of Krav Maga- as he had the combat experience imi lacked. The same moni who lied about his military role - his training of special forces - the same moni who said to me once that his was the most devastating self defence method - the same moni who criticised imi the founder and then it emerged had never trained with him.

I think its Moni who needs to get his facts straight.

Moni has many more tall tales. Have a look here http://www.realitybasedtraining.co.uk/commando.html the mans a fraud.

Posted On:
    1/07/2009 10:01am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcell
    His stuff used to and may still show on Fight network early every morning, round 7 Am or so. It would show short instructionals by Moni, and usually some FMA guy, an EBMAS guy and another dude that did some plain vanilla self-defense stuff (which I actually think was the best of the lot).
    A former student of mine trains with Moni, and he lent me that DVD.

I agree that the vanilla self-defence guy was the best of the lot - verbal de-escalation, followed by a good barrage of good strikes if that didn't work. Attacker was wearing padding so that the demonstrator could actually throw some hits, rather than just indicating his shots.

The FMA'er was Leo Gaje, who was almost as disappointing as the _ing _unner. Gaje would do these long strings of techniques on his absolutely compliant partner, and would finish with the attacker on the ground, immobilized with a joint lock, and then Gaje would pull a knife and slice hell out of him.

The chunner was comically disappointing. His defence against a double-leg takedown included a kick to the groin - no more need be said.

And, of course, Moni. Acceptable technique, although against a compliant opponent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2009 1:41pm

Style: sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You are correct, I mean, how could we question YOU!

Except, forgive me, WHO are you? It would help if you identified yourself and who you have trained with (just my humble opinion)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 5:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't mean to necro this thread willy-nilly but there is wind of a class-action law-suit in North America against Moni.

Some of the guys on this thread (What's happening to CKM / Moni Aizik - Krav Maga Worldwide Israeli Self Defense Forums) at KMWW are involved, so I guess if you want to know more see if you can get in touch with the lawyer (Burshtein) or Psyops in said thread.
    Last edited by rz; 5/10/2009 5:38am at . Reason: correcting URL

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2009 11:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey there... I'm the William McLay quoted in the Better Business Bureau letter earlier in this thread and just wanted to chime in... Moni is a liar and a fraud.

Worse, he uses threats of bogus legal action to intimidate those who don't know any better. I've called his bluff and I'm here to tell you so.

Posted On:
    9/05/2009 11:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have done several traditional martial arts since age 4; I am now 46. I am put in my dues on the mat doing traditional martial arts and still train in Kenpo 3 times a week. I also wrestled in High Schoo.

I am going to the CKM bootcamp in October. I have also trained in traditional Krav Maga.

First off my take on traditional Krav Maga is that it is very physical with respect to training, it can be effective, but it may be limited. Meaning; the fighting stance leaves you open for low kicks to the groin, solar plex, etc.

With respect to it's weapon defenses, they are awesome. We trained with unloaded bb guns. We actually tried to shoot each other. Image the shooter knew you would try to defend, and yet would be disarmed usually before a shot could get off. The downside, a broken trigger finger doing the training. It wakes you up when the feel and hear the bb gun go off and you screwed up the technique; you are dead.

With respect to knife defenses, we trained with marking pens as knives. If you were marked, you were cut. One thing I learned, I do not want to defend against a knife and that you pretty much are always going to get cut. It is better to try to run away or improvise a weapon instead of going against a knife. When we were done training, we were all marked up!

If you were going against an untrained guy on the street I am sure that traditional Krav Maga would be devastating. But if you were going against an experienced Kenpo guy it would be interesting.

I am going to the CKM bootcamp with an open mind.

My Kenpo sifu tells me that arts like Krav Maga are a joke and they will get you killed on the street. Any yet our Senior Grandmaster states that when they put their system together they picked and chose the best from all of the arts.

Therefore, I chose to wander with an open mind. Even if I can pick up just a few good techniques from CKM I will be happy. Based upon what I have been told about CKM, it should be awesome, regardless of the crap people are saying about Ami.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast