Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 1:36pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's no need for that. It's one thing to go visit someone's school or shop, a public venue. It's another thing to go to their home uninvited.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 1:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTeefa
    Interesting, it looks like he lives in Bothell, WA. He's in my old neighborhood.
    I live about an hour away now, so it wouldn't be to far of a drive.
    Just so we're clear, that's the address for the company that make the potions he sells. He's in California, at least he appears to be.

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 1:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok I think one of the most important things is that we get this info to Greg Park, or else that Richard guy who used to post as tekninj, now Kempojiujutsu.

This isn't as easy as it sounds, they're not going to listen to anything that even remotely sounds like slander. All in all I think Richard would be easier to convince, but it'll still require a bit of tact.
    Last edited by CrackFox; 7/29/2008 2:02pm at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 2:09pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can handle that. We've had civil discussions before, and he respects my office.

So do you feel Wan Qi is taking advantage of Greg?

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 2:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    I can handle that. We've had civil discussions before, and he respects my office.

So do you feel Wan Qi is taking advantage of Greg?
    Hmm, that's a good question. I'm not sure that I can answer that without sounding a bit arrogant.

Basically this is how I feel: A lot of the people that follow Greg seem quite impressionable, trusting, and are unwilling to question things. Now, these are exactly the kinds of things that a con-man looks for in a mark, and by befriending Greg, this guy has gotten access to a whole load of marks.

Greg's approval gives this guy a huge boost. I've seen comments on youtube where a rival tai-chi fan pointed out supposed flaws in his movements and speech, and someone replied with words to the effect of "Yeah, well who are you to say it's wrong? This guy (Wan) comes recommended by the top ninjutsu instructor"

Wan/Bob has also said a few things in his older videos and on his forums that I can't imagine Greg, as a Christian, would approve of. Of course, I can't know for what Greg would or wouldn't approve of, but saying Christ was a Taoist doesn't really gel with Christian dogma.

I think Greg should at least be made aware of Wan's past, and shady (IMO) practices. (Maybe he already is, he is big on forgiveness.)

Could I reshape the question slightly and fire it back at you - do you see the potential for Wan to take advantage, and do you think it likely?

Maybe it would be best to wait till we know his relation to JBNI, he could be reselling at a fairly low profit, more to keep his delusion of being an alchemist going than to actually make money.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 2:45pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox
    Ok 2 things:

1) That "sign up for free samples" is classic flim-flam tactics. I should go through the quackwatch check list, and see how many I can get.

2) I've already been looking into biodrux/jbni.net, especially that bioprin stuff. I've done whois lookups, medical journal lookups, all sorts of nosing arround , and I've found some interesting comments made by people from Harvard. I'm just waiting for some feedback.

Basically, I got that **** mixed and baking in the oven. I'll write it up as soon as I get a chance. Of course any extra info you can dig up would would be icing, and I sure love icing.
    Did you try contacting any of the names on this document?
    http://herbal-cancer-cure.blogspot.com/

You can find the email address for Beverly A. Teicher on this link:
    http://clincancerres.aacrjournals.or...ract/14/6/1610

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 2:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just got back from checking the address on coast highway.

There was no suite 101, there was a suite 100 with the name of an architecture firm that was closed up.

Upstairs in suite 200, I spoke with a man who said that kim had moved out several months ago, and that I was not the first one to come by looking for him. He said he moved in to his girlfriend's place in pacific beach.

In retrospect, I should have printed out a picture of the mantra meditation guy from youtube and shown it to the guy so he can say whether it's Robert Kim. Maybe I will do that later...

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 3:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote
    Did you try contacting any of the names on this document?
    http://herbal-cancer-cure.blogspot.com/

You can find the email address for Beverly A. Teicher on this link:
    http://clincancerres.aacrjournals.or...ract/14/6/1610
    Crap man, you're forcing my hand here. Yes I checked this out, there are several anomalies I've found. I don't want to post a write up on this just yet, first because I think it relates more to this Biodrux company than Kim/Qi, and secondly because I'm waiting for some e-mails to come back.

I will say this, Beverly Teicher is a prominent researcher, but she didn't write the document on the webpage, what you see is a summary by Marianne Spada. Spada is a ghost with only one reference I can find, which claims she was made a principal investigator the year after she got her Ph.D. (odd). Also that report was made back in 1995 which clouds things further.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 3:05pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wrote an e-mail to the man I spoke with to see if he can confirm that the person on youtube is Robert Kim.

I called the number on SPARKAH.COM and got this message:
    "Hi, you've reached the Kestler's, please leave a message"

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 3:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way Errant, when I say we should contact Greg Park, I don't mean we should run up pointing our fingers shouting "HA HA, you got scammed!". I mean someone should ask him how well does he know his new internet friend that he's introducing to everyone.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast