Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 1:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nick Diaz Blasts EliteXC

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...399&src=sports

smells like Diaz liked DREAM and wants Affliction:)

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 2:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God, i hate you.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 5:55pm

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't be a dumbass snake, Diaz never "blasted" eliteXC. The whole interview is here, not that bullshit taken out of context in that lame video. Diaz is keeping it real talking about what aspects of the way Pride was put together and speaking the truth. He may do stupid **** like throw up the finger to the whole crowd like at the K.J. Noons fight. But in many of his interviews he shows that he is actually pretty insightful and intelligent. This is a really good read in my opinion.

When we last saw Nick Diaz, he was whipping Muhsin Corbbrey at EliteXC: The Return of the King, and advising KJ Noons not to be frightened. Diaz gets back into the cage this Saturday at the second installment of EliteXCís ďSaturday Night FightsĒ (CBS, 9 p.m. ET/PT), and while he wonít be settling his grudge with Noons, heíll be facing the very tough Thomas Denny in front of a rabid hometown crowd at the Stockton Arena. The always outspoken Cesar Gracie-trained fighter recently chatted with us about the origins of his bad attitude, why MMA fights should be held in a ring, and why steroids should be legal.

CAGEPOTATO.COM: Are you disappointed that youíre not fighting KJ Noons on Saturday?
    NICK DIAZ: Sure. I want to get that fight over and done with as soon as I can. But I gotta handle the Denny fight first, because if I donít win it wonít look too good on my part, as far as a future fight with KJ goes. But KJ doesnít want to fight me ó he likes to pick his fights. I figure the only way heíll fight me is if they make him do it, so I gotta be the guy in line.

Q) Have you seen anything in Thomas Dennyís game that concerns you?

A)Well, everything concerns me. Heís a good fighter. But Iím ready for this type of guy. I know I train harder than him. I donít have time to run a school and teach kids; he seems to have time to do a lot of things. Itís a lot to have on the table if youíre trying to be a professional fighter too.

Q) The California State Athletic Commission is notorious for pulling fighters at the last minute ó you went through it yourself back in March. How are you dealing with the CSAC this time so that you donít have to experience that again?

A) I donít have an issue with them. It was a big misunderstanding ó the commission apologized and weíre all cool. It cost me a lot of money, but letís get past it. Iíve forgotten about it pretty much.

Q) So your medical marijuana card wonít be a problem this time?

A)No, not at all. It was never a problem before. I planned on testing clean in the last fight, and Iím going to test clean in this fight like all the other fighters, so thatís not even an issue. You get some of your freedoms screwed with, with the commission being as tight and all. But they own the **** and they run the ****. Theyíve been manipulating us from the beginning. Weíre not stupid, and I feel like we should stand up for our rights. If guys want to do steroids in this sport, then power to Ďem. I donít do steroids, Iím not into chemicals or needles, it completely freaks me out. I donít even do Advil. But if these guys want to do steroids, I would like them to do steroids.

Q) You donít think steroids give fighters an unfair competitive advantage?

A) No. Youíre gonna have guys that are juiced up and going good, and then youíre gonna have guys who are coming down, toward the end of their career. These guys arenít long-term fighters. They try to time it, and it becomes a lot more hard work for them, I think. And it takes its toll. Iíll just be around longer, fighting for longer, living a little healthier. So I think we should all be free to do whatever the hell we want. Even if youíre going in there on Novocaine and you canít feel a thing, how long are you gonna last like that? Iíll make my comeback when you get knocked out the next fight because your legs donít work. Thatís the way I look at it. I just try to stay on the right track and I can see everybody ó itís like weíre all in a fish tank and I can see them all swimming around.

Q)Your contract with EliteXC prevented you from fighting Mach Sakurai at DREAM.5 ó do you think youíll ever fight for DREAM again?

A) I really love fighting in Japan. For me, itís the scoring criteria, and the way the rules work ó it just favors a more technical fighter. Youíre not gonna be able to go in there and be a strong guy and hold a guy down and win. If you go on top and try to hold a guy, they yellow card you. You canít throw elbows on the ground. In the UFC you can hold a guy while elbowing him and it takes a lot of the technical aspect out of the sport and it becomes really frustrating for the guy on bottom. And another thing is theyíre going to score the takedown. It doesnít work anything like that in Japan ó theyíve got it all worked out up there. Another thing is I can hear my corner, because the fans arenít so out-of-control, coked out and drunk. Itís a completely different world. Itís very tranquil and peaceful for me, and I feel I can go with the warrior spirit attitude; itís the way I always imagined it. Plus, itís in a ring where everyone can see the show.

I hope sometime in the future EliteXC will come out with a separate organization that has the same scoring criteria and rules. Maybe they need to hire some of those guys from Japan to train them, so we can have that type of organization out here, where some of us American fighters will have the opportunity to showcase our skills to the fullest. Not to knock EliteXC ó I love EliteXC, theyíve been great to me, and theyíre my team. Iím fighting to represent that show.

Q)I think the public conception of you is as this very stoic, intense person. Is that how you see yourself?

A) Absolutely. I take this very seriously. I do all my work in the gym; I fell behind on all the marketing aspects that go along with this sport, and a lot of the reason for that was because I was only 17 years old when I started. People donít take that into consideration, they just point the finger at me and say ďthatís the bad guy.Ē I was really young when I came out, and I was really on fight mode.

It was gangster **** in high school. My town is so much nicer now, and everythingís cleaned up. I wouldnít be afraid to put my kids in the same schools [that I went to] because theyíre so much better. But when I went, people were getting shot, stabbed ó I got stabbed, I lost a couple friends ó and it wasnít a joke, there was a lot of fighting for no reason going on. I had a lot of anxiety and intensity when I walked around school. I got switched around a lot of schools when I was younger, so I wasnít rolliní with a bunch of homies when I got into high school.

I had a pretty good-looking girlfriend back then ó a girl I grew up with and finally started dating in high school ó and before me sheíd kinda dated this sophomore, and he was in with the football team, and all the gangsters played football. And so this kid had a rich dad and he was like the coach or something, and he would talk **** and everyone would be on his side. I wanted to play football, and I never ended up playing football, I never wrestled, and thatís also why I stopped swimming. I didnít think it was too cool to swim ó I had a hot girlfriend, I wanted to play football with the rest of the cool guys. None of that worked out, and I was so lucky to find the Animal House gym in Lodi, where I met Steve Heath, who was a blue belt under Cesar Gracie. I found my direction right there and I never looked back.

Q) Do you have to dislike someone in order to perform your best in a fight against them?

A) Well, if I can talk **** to them, itís gonna make them scared, or theyíre gonna fight harder, and thatís what I need you to do ó go hard. I need some direction to counter. If youíre gonna be slow and scared and not move, Iím going to tell right away. If youíre gonna come 100%, Iím going to be able to tell too. Itís just the way I fight. When I fought Robbie Lawler, which was one of my first fights in the UFC, I didnít have such a bad attitude, but I was really angry because everybody thought I was going to get knocked out. I could see it in their eyes ó they were all going ďyouíre going to lose, youíre a jiu-jitsu guy, you shouldnít stand with him,Ē and I was like ďcome and get me.Ē Iíd been sparring with Rodney Jones, who was ranked #5 in the world as a boxer, and I put myself through the training I would need to beat Lawler.

He threw a few punches, and I could see them coming a mile away. It was over way early, it was a great fight, but everybody still doubted me and I had a really pissed off attitude about it. And after that, people expected it out of me. I was just a kid, I wasnít as intellectual, and I didnít understand what was going on, it was just a big mess to me, and I would come out and try to portray the same sort of craziness. Sometimes it would do me good, and sometimes it would screw me up. But Iíve got a lot more of a handle on it now, and I can see the big picture a lot better.

Q) Did you happen to catch the Affliction show last Saturday?

A) I did.

Q) What did you think?

A)I liked it because it was in a ring, but they donít quite understand how to run it yet. Now theyíre probably going to hate me and not use me in the future on account of me saying this, but they should really go and learn something from the Japanese. In PRIDE, they had those guys around the ring whoíd go ďno rope! no rope! no rope!Ē ó they had a team of guys there that were on it, and helped restart and pull guys to the middle, they had a team of doctors who would jump in. Itís just a much better way. So, I saw Affliction and a couple times guys would fall through the ropes. Itís more of a cage-fight in a ring. But maybe theyíll figure it out as they go along.

I donít feel like anybody wants to learn anything from the Japanese. A Hollywood producer came up with the Octagon. Even to this day people go ďoh, youíre a cage fighter? You fight in a cage, like an animal?Ē Well, we could fight in a ring, thereís actually no reason why thereís a cage ó but thatís showbiz, man. And thatís another reason we get a lot of **** from the boxing world. When [MMA] started we were just running around with our heads cut off and everything was crazy, so theyíd see one fight or one thing they didnít like and theyíd automatically go ďno I saw that, I checked it outĒ and theyíd throw up a wall. Theyíd get tunnel vision after that because they see what kind of nonsense goes on. Our sport is just starting out and growing up, and I donít think it should be in a cage. But thatís just me. If I was a strong wrestler that did steroids, though, I would hope for my fights to be in a cage where I could cram the guy against the fence, hold him down with all my strength and elbow him and not let him do any of his tricks to me.

Q) Your brotherís next fight is against Josh Neer. I canít figure out why heís not being given an opponent whoís a little higher up the lightweight ladder. Does that matchup make sense to you?

A) Well, not that Josh Neer isnít a good opponent, I actually think heís one of the best theyíve got in the 155 pound class. But he doesnít get much play, and my brother doesnít get much play, so theyíre like ďalright, weíll just take these two assholes and make them fight each other ó weíll save the Roger Huertas and the Kenny Florians.Ē I donít know how they do it. Itís not right. My brother deserves to be a fucking millionaire. He trains every day, six to eight hours every day, driving and training and coming up with ideas for the next day. We should be paid like 20 dollars an hour, just like a regular job, for the dayís time, and then on top of that the bonus for the fight. It would make us feel a lot better. Thatís the way it should go, because [Nate] deserves way more than what heís getting, heís worked really hard for what heís already done. And if anybody else has done half as much as what heís done, I swear that they would have benefited twice as much from it by now.

I picked up some magazines the other day, and out of four or five magazines, Iím not in a single one, except for on this one page about EliteXC. But I donít get no love from Grappler, I donít get no love from Tapout magazine, or Fight! magazine, none of Ďem. My brother was in one little part of one of them because they showed the winners from each season of The Ultimate Fighter, and there was a little picture of him. Iím going ďwhat the hell, man?Ē My brother is fucking huge, he went on the show and represented his town, represented his team. And thatís who Iíd want to see if I was a fan ó guys who are exciting to watch and are actually good. They market some guys out ahead of everybody else. And thatís who people buy. Just like they buy shitty food that says ďhealthyĒ on it ó something that says ďSouth Beach DietĒ and itís full of trans fat and people think itís diet food.

Q) How will you celebrate after you beat Denny on Saturday?

A) I just signed up for the Vineman Triathalon, which is on my birthday, on August 2nd. Iím really cutting it close, but as long as I donít bust my ****, or have any issues with my legs or hips, then Iím going to be taking a really good nightís rest after the fight, and the next day Iíll probably go out on a 13-mile run. Iíve already been biking 50, 60 miles at least four times a week. So Iím ready for the bike, and Iíve had swim practice every morning, so Iím ready for the swim. Iíll do some celebrating after that. Not hanging out in the gym all day long for two weeks or so should be a nice break.

Q) Thanks so much, Nick. Anybody you want to shout out before we sign off?

A) I just want to give a shout out to the Deftones, who will be at the show in Stockton. Iím trying to get everything worked out so I can use their music. Iíve never gotten to pick my entrance music before, expect for when I fought in Japan. Of course Iíd like to thank Chase Chevrolet in Stockton for always hookiní me up, and I want to say thanks to my team, my boxing coach Richard Perez, and my brother for helping me train for this fight; Iím in better shape right now than Iíve ever been in my life, and I plan to be that way for every fight.

(Ben Goldstein)
    Last edited by SoulMechanic; 7/28/2008 6:04pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 1:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/Beatdown

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least Nick says whats on his mind. He talks about **** that other fighters dont have the nuts to talk about. i.e. their pay, their sponsors,their promoters,etc.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 1:54am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Think there is a good reason other fighters, "Don't have the nuts" to talk about that stuff?

Talking **** about the people who pay your bills isn't exactly smart...

I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    I agree with moosey

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 2:09am

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree milkmoney, but were did Diaz talk **** about eliteXC?

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 2:25am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know.

SkirtBoy was talking about how nick diaz talked badly about their pay/sponsors/promoters, etc.

I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 2:30am

Style: sadness and tears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like them Diaz boys, they seem like a solid lot

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 2:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/Beatdown

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The term "talks about ****" was another way of saying "talks about issues". Not "talking ****" i.e. Elite XC can lick my nuts although they just wrote my check.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 8:08am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nick Diaz Blasts EliteXC
    I hope sometime in the future EliteXC will come out with a separate organization that has the same scoring criteria and rules... Not to knock EliteXC — I love EliteXC, they’ve been great to me, and they’re my team.
    **** the OP.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast