Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/09/2003 9:31pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stephane Patry, Owner of TKO Productions in Montreal, gave his side of the story on the cancellation of the rival Canadian promotion "Shut Up and Fight" at the British Columbia event on MMAWeekly Radio on Monday.

Patry said, "We had nothing to do with it," and that the allegations made against he and Mark Pavelich are false. He stated that the event was not sanctioned by anyone and was canceled because it was illegal. Stephane added that Pavelich is not part of TKO and he couldn't speak for him but is confident that Mark had nothing to do with it either.

Patry said it is easier for Les Dickens, owner of the "Shut Up and Fight Promotion" to place blame rather than just admit that he messed up. He went on to say that he is against illegal events and if it were to take place in his home providence of Quebec, he would have attempted to shut it down but maintained that he had nothing to do with this situation.

Stephane requested that Ryan Bennett call the Mayor of British Colombia to get conformation that, in fact, he and Mark Pavelich had nothing to do with it.

Meanwhile Dickens had this statement sent to MMAWeekly.com once he heard what Paltry had to say on the show. Dickens said quote....

" Shut-Up and Fight The Proving Grounds scheduled to take place Saturday December 6th in Vernon British Columbia Canada, was to be sanctioned by UFCF in Washington State as well as the Candian Mixed Martial Arts Council. In addition, we were working on finalizing sanctioning from a local athletic commission as well. I attempted for over a week after Mark Pavelich's very vocal concerns were posted on the underground to contact him in reference to any concerns he may have about my event, he neglected to return any of my repeated calls."

"My event held 3 million dollars liability insurance which was three times the requred amount for that facility at an additional cost of $2700. These events in the community of Vernon have been ran without incident, insured, sanctioned and licensed by a variety of organizations as is public record. I finish with this... this event and the Canadian MMA community was struck a huge blow specifically by two individuals and organizations Mark Pavelich of Maximum Fighting Championships in Alberta as well as the ring leader Stephane Petry of TKO in Quebec. Both individuals have shut down and attempted to shut down numerous shows throughout the country out of greed, unprofesionalism and a total disrespect for the sport. They are both true scumbags. I, not as a promoter, but as a true fight fan am stating this, you have both done enough damage and showed enough disrespect for the sport, no matter what you feel your contributions to it have been, it is time to move on. Please leave the sport of MMA in Canada"

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    12/09/2003 11:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    www.mmaringreport.com has an interview with stephane petry.
    After reading the interview, I'm even more convinced he had some connection/knowledge of what shut this thing down.

Someone made an annonymous complaint, there's no denying that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2003 11:33pm

Style: shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    legalize it!

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/09/2003 11:55pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mayor of British Columbia?!

YOU FUCKING AMERICANS!!!!!1q!!!! 1

Oh wait, I"m an American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    12/10/2003 1:08am

supporting member
     Style: Kickboxing/Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "He went on to say that he is against illegal events and if it were to take place in his home providence of Quebec, he would have attempted to shut it down but maintained that he had nothing to do with this situation. "

This tells me right here he had something to do with it...bullshiiiiiiit!!!!
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog **** on your shoe.-Ronin69

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    12/10/2003 3:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, thats what made me think so too.

The guys from Shut up and Fight are gonna demolish TKO in the next few years. They've gained so many fans from this debacle, and TKO has lost about the same amount.

Posted On:
    12/10/2003 3:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When the guys at MAFA ( Martial arts fighting academy) wanted to do something similar they got cut down, heck when they wanted to do Thai boxing competitions they got shoot down.
    The ontario goverment put it under the thumb of an agency that had Ken Chung ( TKD) on the board, need I say more?

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    12/10/2003 4:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, sometimes I hate living in Canada.

Then I look south and realize the alternative.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2003 4:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    False dichotomy.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12