Posted On:
    12/06/2003 4:39pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA shut down in BC!!!

taken from the undergroung forum, CAanda:
    The Dec. 06 fights are cancelled along with MMA in B.C. period. The B.C. gov't has banned MMA entirely as of today all from one asshole who knows who he is . There will be a post shortly to describe the details. This individual knows who he is and all the gyms involved in this card are also being made aware who he is and hopefully no one will support this fucking scumbag piece of **** when it comes to supplying him with fighters for his event. He completely destroyed the MMA scene in B.C. all the work that has been done to promote this sport has been flushed down the toilet and we are back in the stone ages.
    http://www.mma.tv/TUF/DisplayMessage...101&FID=29&c=1

Has anyone else been following this? It's a fricken joke! Tongith was supposed to be an awesome night for MMA here in BC, now its totally fucked up!
    Shutupandfight had some awesome fights lined up, not to mention some amazing geusts apperances (Ken Shamrock, Randy Couture), but then two assholes from other MMA orgs here in Canada made a call to the BC gov about it not being sanctioned and got the thing shut down! There's a major shitstorm brewing over at MMA.tv

Anyone who cares about MMA in canada should head over and check it out; MFC and TKO are totally killing MMA in western Canada.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    12/06/2003 4:48pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah. I heard about this.

Sucks.
    You say what about my rice?

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    12/06/2003 4:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking politics, thats all it is.
    If there are any fighters reading this (omega) you should seriously do some research in the MFC and TKO productions, there's a lot of questionable **** being said about them, I'd do my research before taking any fights from them.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    12/06/2003 5:20pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God DAMN it.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    12/06/2003 7:28pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, JKDChick, you know that deep down you are a TMA wannabe...

HAHAHAHAHA!

Posted On:
    12/06/2003 9:03pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that so fucking sucks man! wtH?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    12/06/2003 9:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its a whole lot of crap. You would think they would be more open to it (after all they allow gay marrages and decriminalizing marijuana in Canada).
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/07/2003 2:53pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been reading about these politics that have been going on. Unfortunately some promotions don't know that supporting each other only helps everybody in the long run. I'm not sure exactly what's going on but apparently the underground has been very vocal in telling fighters not to fight for specific promotions because of the abuse of the promoter. In a lot of cases you try to not get mixed in with the politics of it all. Governments in general tend to be biased towards new things...etc etc. The best and easiest thing to do is to lobby. Contact groups and set up a political group to establish a voice. Jeff Blatnik, Ted Willaims and Paul Smith of the IFC heavily campaign to get MMA fullly regulated. While there have been leaps and bounds in the industry we're still many days away from complete acceptance.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    12/07/2003 3:08pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Freddy
    Its a whole lot of crap. You would think they would be more open to it (after all they allow gay marrages and decriminalizing marijuana in Canada).
    Yes, but fighting is bad and wrong and only evil people want to do it. Canadians are all nice and gentle and polite, and never want to hurt each other and can't be trusted to act like grown-ups anyway without the government telling us what to do.

Makes me want to rip someone's lungs out.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    12/07/2003 4:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You wanna know something funny? The Mayor of Vernon was gonna make an appearance in the cage to show his support for the event!

Someone made some claim about not being sanctioned and made the right complaints to the right ppl (the premier, athletics BC/Canada). The whole thing is mess, they always hold fights here in the Okanagan and they've NEVER been a problem.

Man, i was so pumped to go see couture and shamrock. I never get to see guys like that here in the boonies.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast