Octopussy!

Posted On:
    7/25/2008 12:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Martially Frustrated

I can't fucking deal with it, man. This **** sucks.

So I'm working out with these kung fu cats, right, and I'm trying to get my training on. I'm trying to readapt my style to san shou so I can start wailing on bitches and ****. But these motherfuckers really wan't to train. These motherfuckers aren't in great shape. Some of the cats there are really tough dudes, but they don't even show up often. There's a serious lack of training partners, I can't get any sparring done. I think my dream of becoming highly skilled in martial arts and having the most fulfilling hobby ever may be coming to a grinding halt.

At least now I know what sexual frustration must feel like. To you other guys, I mean, I haven't been sexually frustrated since I discovered hentai ... ah ... it was so long ago, that now it seems like but a far off dream. A memory of those first blissful days. Like a new discovery. Like a honeymoon...

Wait, I'm fucking getting side tracked again, back to story. It's fucked up, man. I was coasting along, getting better, working hard and then bam! All of a sudden there are no training parnters, no highly skilled coaches, no nothing. What the **** do I do now? Fighting everyday was like a part of my healthy diet, man. Wakeup, eat, work, fight, sleep. Without fighting that's like 20% of wholesome nutrition gone. Fuckin' Gone with the wind like Scarlett Ohara. Gone in 60 seconds like Nicolas Cage's acting career. Gone like that chick in that Nsync song (or was it Justin Timberlake? I don't fucking know, man. It's not like I listen to that **** or anything ...).

Anyway. How do I get adjusted? It's like coming down from a high, man. And I don't usually get high (marijuana is not a drug), so I don't really know what the next step is. ****, if I don't get this **** to work, I might have to start bangin' honeys again. I'd really rather just train though.
    Last edited by The Question; 7/25/2008 1:00pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    7/25/2008 12:56pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Box?

Posted On:
    7/25/2008 12:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The easy answer may not be the easy solution but, pick up your stuff and go someplace that has what you want. It isn't where you're at so you have to go get it.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    7/25/2008 1:06pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tom.f
    The easy answer may not be the easy solution but, pick up your stuff and go someplace that has what you want. It isn't where you're at so you have to go get it.
    I have been all over the motherfucking place. All over. Everywhere. I've visited several places and spoken to several people. I don't know how else to go about looking. The kung fu cats are the hardest training motherfuckers I've come across so far, which is kind of sad.

Box?
    That was the first avenue I explored. I thought to my self "if I find a boxing coach everything will be cool like a glass of cucumber juice ... you know when you're outside and it's all hot and **** and you're thirsty, but water is probably not going to be good enough and you'll probably get brain freeze. And then you see get some cucumber juice and it hits you like *whoa, *************".

But, so far no boxer. No kickboxer. Nothing. Yesterday, I looked at myself in the mirror and said "dawg, are you fuckin' kidding?"
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    7/25/2008 1:09pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey buddy. I had that exact same fucking problem with my sanshou school. I wanted to spar and train constantly, and I was just too much for them. It sucks, because then you get the big-fish in a small pond syndrome where you can kick the **** out of everyone at yer school but get no real competition training in. That's the problem in general with sanshou, it is mostly trained out of kung fu schools. I wish there were more sanshou-only training camps.

Dude, in my last tourney, I was the only one who went. All the other guys who were supposed to go got so banged up in sparring and training they decided they didn't want a part of competing and gradually started showing up less and less to spar in preparation for the comp. It really is frustrating.

My solution was to start training mma. I'll still fight sanshou, but mma provides more than enough of a well rounded skill set to transfer over, and at least at an mma club you will have guys who seriously want to fight.

No mma clubs down there?
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    7/25/2008 1:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    Hey buddy. I had that exact same fucking problem with my sanshou school. I wanted to spar and train constantly, and I was just too much for them. It sucks, because then you get the big-fish in a small pond syndrome where you can kick the **** out of everyone at yer school but get no real competition training in. That's the problem in general with sanshou, it is mostly trained out of kung fu schools. I wish there were more sanshou-only training camps.

Dude, in my last tourney, I was the only one who went. All the other guys who were supposed to go got so banged up in sparring and training they decided they didn't want a part of competing and gradually started showing up less and less to spar in preparation for the comp. It really is frustrating.

My solution was to start training mma. I'll still fight sanshou, but mma provides more than enough of a well rounded skill set to transfer over, and at least at an mma club you will have guys who seriously want to fight.

No mma clubs down there?
    MMwhat?

No, no MMA at all. Only a few guys who want to get some training in. And by a few, I mean 1.

I'd train in anything, man. San shou, MMA, boxing, wrestling, judo, BJJ, kyokushin ... I don't give a ****, man. As long as that **** is tough and I get to do bad things to people.

I was actually hoping you might have some good news for me soon.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/25/2008 1:26pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you tried Aikido?

Posted On:
    7/25/2008 1:27pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually got an email from Jamal the other day. He just got to thailand, and he fought in a smoker in preparation for his fight in August. Said he won all 3 of his fights in the first round.

He'll be back late August with his trainer and then you can at least meet up with them and have some good sparring partners.

I wouldn't wanna wait that long if I was you either.

Damn, man...there's gotta be something around you...hrm...
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Posted On:
    7/25/2008 1:42pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everywhere has a boxing gym. Me, I drive a freaking hour to find sparring partners, so I don't want to hear your bellyachin.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    7/25/2008 1:42pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    I actually got an email from Jamal the other day. He just got to thailand, and he fought in a smoker in preparation for his fight in August. Said he won all 3 of his fights in the first round.

He'll be back late August with his trainer and then you can at least meet up with them and have some good sparring partners.

I wouldn't wanna wait that long if I was you either.

Damn, man...there's gotta be something around you...hrm...
    PM incoming.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast