Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/24/2008 8:31pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Expert Performance

I was looking around and I saw that this guy, K Anders Ericsson, is held in high regard in sports and well, most any kind of long term training. I have a little link, and it is long and wordy, but it is interesting -

http://projects.ict.usc.edu/itw/gel/...acticePR93.pdf

In the article, he discusses why some people do something for a long time and become experts while others only get to a certain level. it turns out, it's not always genetics!

EDIT- One more note from the article, expert performance usually requires 10,000 hours /10 years deliberate practice.
    Last edited by new2bjj; 7/26/2008 4:38pm at .
    "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2008 4:58pm

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just so you don't think everyone's ignoring you, I have been skimming through this when I've had time, and it looks pretty interesting. I'm planning on reading through the whole thing when I've got a little more free time in a week or so. I doubt we're going to get much of a discussion going since it's so damn long, but thanks for posting it.

Posted On:
    7/26/2008 7:04pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just thought it was very interesting. He has some other articles out there, but his books are like $ 75 to $ 125 each, and I could only find one at the UC Berkeley Library. I'm going to read a few of his articles and summarize them at some point, if I can.
    "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross