Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/24/2008 1:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Krav Maga knife defence!

I'm too lazy to do a search, so if it's been mentioned before don't ream me.. ;)

Anyway, from what I've seen on video and the demo at a nearby school, it looks like attempting any of these "unarmed" moves will land you in the hospital or grave (?). I know the first line of defence is to run the hell away, but this school is teaching techniques that require you to "GRAB" the attackers knife hand (while kicking him in the balls... [not sure how it works against females]).

I've only taken 3-5 months of Kali and already see a number of mistakes inherent in that move! Is this common to as to what's taught to civilians? Do military (or combat krav) teach anything different?! Most of these moves were being endorsed by Darren Levine!!

Most of the other Krav stuff seemed okay, as far as striking\grappling, but with regard to the knife defense..... BULLSHIDO!! :( And it's a damn shame, I'm going crazy trying to find an FMA school nearby! And thought in the meantime I could do this to tide me over, but at $100 bucks a month and twice a week! :idea1:

Posted On:
    7/24/2008 1:59pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph
    I'm too lazy to do a search, so if it's been mentioned before don't ream me.. ;)

Anyway, from what I've seen on video and the demo at a nearby school, it looks like attempting any of these "unarmed" moves will land you in the hospital or grave (?). I know the first line of defence is to run the hell away, but this school is teaching techniques that require you to "GRAB" the attackers knife hand (while kicking him in the balls... [not sure how it works against females]).

I've only taken 3-5 months of Kali and already see a number of mistakes inherent in that move! Is this common to as to what's taught to civilians? Do military (or combat krav) teach anything different?! Most of these moves were being endorsed by Darren Levine!!

Most of the other Krav stuff seemed okay, as far as striking\grappling, but with regard to the knife defense..... BULLSHIDO!! :( And it's a damn shame, I'm going crazy trying to find an FMA school nearby! And thought in the meantime I could do this to tide me over, but at $100 bucks a month and twice a week! :idea1:
    1.) You didn't post the video...so none of us has a cluw as to what you're talking about.

2.) Deflecting or capturing a knife strike followed by a solid kick to the nuts sounds pretty good to me

3.) Knife-fighting and defense teachings are different across the board and are open to each individual's interpretation as to what's important. I was taught that, if you're not going to run you can expect to be slashed or stabbed at least once in a knife-engagement.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/24/2008 2:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51
    1.) You didn't post the video...so none of us has a cluw as to what you're talking about.

2.) Deflecting or capturing a knife strike followed by a solid kick to the nuts sounds pretty good to me

3.) Knife-fighting and defense teachings are different across the board and are open to each individual's interpretation as to what's important. I was taught that, if you're not going to run you can expect to be slashed or stabbed at least once in a knife-engagement.
    Sorry about that, but I will post the video(s) later tonight, I can't do it from work. I understand that you WILL be cut during a knife attack, no matter what style, but to come across as though these techniques WILL work and that it's okay to risk your forearm to spare other body parts is bad... especially when most soccer moms have not experienced the shock of being sliced!

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    7/24/2008 2:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You really need to read more, and someone really needs to kick this thread. You kind of need to try this **** out in n00bieberg, it doesn't belong in MABS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    7/24/2008 2:45pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry about that, but I will post the video(s) later tonight, I can't do it from work. I understand that you WILL be cut during a knife attack, no matter what style, but to come across as though these techniques WILL work and that it's okay to risk your forearm to spare other body parts is bad... especially when most soccer moms have not experienced the shock of being sliced!
    I'd rather give up a forearm than a direct shot to the torso.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/24/2008 2:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your in the military huh??? hmmm... well, yes, I guess that would be okay, HUH??

Arteries in the forearm:

1 brachial
    2 radial
    3 radial recurrent
    4 superficial radial
    5 deep radial
    6 ulnar
    7 anterior ulnar recurrent
    7 posterior ulnar recurrent
    8 common interosseous
    9 posterior interosseous
    10 anterior interosseous
    11 superficial branch
    12 deep branch

Hopefully you're not bleeding too profusely while trying to kick me nuts!

The object is NOT to get cut, run the hell away, solider!

Posted On:
    7/24/2008 2:55pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your in the military huh??? hmmm... well, yes, I guess that would be okay, HUH??

Arteries in the forearm:

1 brachial
    2 radial
    3 radial recurrent
    4 superficial radial
    5 deep radial
    6 ulnar
    7 anterior ulnar recurrent
    7 posterior ulnar recurrent
    8 common interosseous
    9 posterior interosseous
    10 anterior interosseous
    11 superficial branch
    12 deep branch

Hopefully you're not bleeding too profusely while trying to kick me nuts!

The object is NOT to get cut, run the hell away, solider!
    Vital organs in the torso:

1. ALL OF THEM!

If it doesn't hit a limb it hits your body. Also, blocking with the back of your forearm instead of the fleshy underside means the bone protects most of the arteries. Read a book, retard.
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/24/2008 2:59pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno
    Vital organs in the torso:

1. ALL OF THEM!

If it doesn't hit a limb it hits your body. Also, blocking with the back of your forearm instead of the fleshy underside means the bone protects most of the arteries. Read a book, retard.
    Exactly, dumbass... the video was showing things like blocking with the UNDERSIDE of the forearm... I have read a book and took anatomy classes.... What have you done?? :)

Posted On:
    7/24/2008 3:03pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've figured out how to post a video and make logical arguments, for one. Like I said, back to n00bsville.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/24/2008 3:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno
    I've figured out how to post a video and make logical arguments, for one. Like I said, back to n00bsville.

Back to n00bville?? Awe, c'mon..
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast