Style
    Western Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello From canada

Hello BSer's.

I'm finally writing my intro welcom so I don't have to see those big bold letters anymore.

Anyways, I've been doing western Boxing since May 2008, and I am thinking about joining a Wing Chun class in Jnauary. And you look at my arts, and you may wonder, whats with all the standing arts?...Well, I've got a bad leg, cancer effected the bastard leg so I have required surgeries (yes multiple) to make it some what better.

My leg is stable but not and never will be 100% (they removed some muscle and dstroyed some growth plates, damn doctors), so flipping, being flipped/thrown, is kind of out of the question. My boxing coach is very accomidating, and I enjoy that. And I can kick, I can do high kicks and ****, but I try not too, and kicking someone might hurt me, but it woudl still hurt them :P.

And I'm mostly doing these arts to stay in shape, at 6'1" (should have been 6'5"-6'6") and 250, and my dad is 6'4" and 320 (and i box with him). so Im not that scared of people, and if someone has a knife or gun, what do you do anyways? Especially a gun. Ha, my dad misses the old days where only one on one fights at school and things, and people would watch. But now people are getting gang beaten, and knifed, if they are winning the fight. I agree with him, as i bet most of you do as well.

Anyways I typed alot more then I expected to type, so repond if you guys want, it would be nice to hear what you guys can think of for other martial arts for me too try.

Regards,
    Last edited by imalphaandomega; 7/24/2008 3:00pm at .

GhostOfKimura
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, imalphaandomega. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.

Style
    jkd concepts
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome.

Good luck in your studies. If you like it around here, I suggest that you
    consider becoming a supporting member.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."