Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/23/2008 10:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jason Mayhew?

So, I'm listening to the local radio station in Galesburg, Illinois and there is some guy named Jason Mayhew who is dropping the Militech name, Tim Sylvia, Matt Hughes and Spencer Fisher like he's their best friends. It appears that he's opened up some kind of MMA program at a health club or something. Does anyone know anything about this guy?
    I could not find any fight info on him at Sherdog.com and he's claiming to have fought too.

I spoke to a friend of mine who teaches martial arts in Galesburg and he said he knows a little about him but wouldn't elaborate. My buddy doesn't talk smack even when he knows it's a fraud or fake so it's hard to read him on this one.

I wondered if was one of those MFS franchise guys. Anyway...anyone know anything...that would be cool.

I would interested to know his background and fight stats. If he's legit, it would be cool to have a strong MMA program in a town this size.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 9:38am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok...he fought twice as an amateur...lost both times...he trained in open classes at MFS but he is really close friends with Spencer Fisher...seems like a nice guy...not sure he's got enough experience to be running a gym and a fight team...but oh well...the radio commercials made it sound like he trained with Hughes, Sylvia, Lawler...etc...dropped a ton of names...probably trying to stir up some business...and it doesn't appear he's associated with MFS at all...just friends with Spencer.

I met him...again...nice guy...but doesn't seem to know alot about martial arts...to each his own.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2008 9:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never heard of him... not that that means anything... but I manage to stay up on MMA. Have you gone by his training center yet? I would be interested to find out what the name is and location...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2008 7:39pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=357427499

I found this. I think it's pretty funny and lame at the same time that he actually put "I'm really good friends with Spencer Fisher". ha ha

The lowdown on this cat seems to be that he had about 3-6 months training at Champions in "Open" classes and then decided to openly teach Jiu-jitsu and Muay Thai to the public. I can not believe that he has the time in to hold any real rank or knowledge in either.

My buddy in town recently had some words with Mr. Mayhew via myspace that he let me read. It seems that Jason felt like he was being attacked or something but it wasn't like that at all. It came off more like Jason was being somewhat called out and then the excuses came rolling...typical.

There is more to this cat than I can post. Unfortunately, it would just be rumor and I only want to unearth facts on this guy. Any body who gets a chance to actually roll with this guy, please post. Mayhew uses this "career ending rib/muscle injury" as his excuse not to roll with people it seems.

My bet is he won't be in business within a year...especially once his propaganda has worn thin and people start to realize he doesn't know nearly as much as he leads people to believe.

Sad for us in this town...first Don Housman and his outrageous claims to be undefeated MMA, Kickboxing and Boxing...King of the Streets and all that bull...now we get this guy who attaches himself to the Miletich name and actually posts on his myspace page that he's friends with Spencer Fisher...

Thankfully...it's at least entertaining.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 10:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is he handing out BJJ rank?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 10:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

wow

I just got sent this link cause I heard a lot of rumors. I just want to clear some things up. I have trained with the militech camp and became very good friends with spencer fisher. From that point on I did train one-on-one's with Spencer for quite a while. To this day i am still good friends with him. And everyone must understand advertising before they rip apart whats on the radio. I hung out with tim sylvia, spencer, josh neer, jens pulver and so on. Im not bragging about it, but i think its pretty cool. I fought 12 amateur fights and lost my last 2. Yes i did tear cartilage in my rib cage and yes it does bug me to this day. But i roll with my guys everyday and am happy to roll with anyone. I have trained off and on at different schools and I am confident in what I am teaching. When my fighters fight it is all the proof I need. I run cardio classes for people to simply lose weight and get in shape and MMA classes with what I have learned and continue to learn from this sport. So hopefully this clears a little up and I would love for any of you guys to stop in for a workout sometime.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 10:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and I was never called out on my credentials as an instructor. I was being criticized for something unrelated to martial arts completely. I dont claim what I cant prove. You will never hear excuses from me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 11:12pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymay252000
    I just got sent this link cause I heard a lot of rumors. I just want to clear some things up. I have trained with the militech camp and became very good friends with spencer fisher. From that point on I did train one-on-one's with Spencer for quite a while. To this day i am still good friends with him. And everyone must understand advertising before they rip apart whats on the radio. I hung out with tim sylvia, spencer, josh neer, jens pulver and so on. Im not bragging about it, but i think its pretty cool. I fought 12 amateur fights and lost my last 2. Yes i did tear cartilage in my rib cage and yes it does bug me to this day. But i roll with my guys everyday and am happy to roll with anyone. I have trained off and on at different schools and I am confident in what I am teaching. When my fighters fight it is all the proof I need. I run cardio classes for people to simply lose weight and get in shape and MMA classes with what I have learned and continue to learn from this sport. So hopefully this clears a little up and I would love for any of you guys to stop in for a workout sometime.
    Good response. Do you have dates/times/places for the other ten amateur fights? School names and styles of the different schools you have studied at? Confirmation from some of the above mentioned folks that they know and have rolled with you? Not skeptical, but such confirmation would tend to help establish your case. Thank you.
    Last edited by Jonathan Randal; 9/13/2008 11:17pm at .

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    9/13/2008 11:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymay252000
    Oh, and I was never called out on my credentials as an instructor. I was being criticized for something unrelated to martial arts completely. I dont claim what I cant prove. You will never hear excuses from me.

Well then if I may ask , as Jonathon above me has , for more information about your amateur fights and how long you have studied Mixed Martial Arts ( is it the 6 month period that was stated by the OP ? You never refuted that bit ... ) ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2008 10:12am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been in and out of fighting since the days of stars and stripes in the quad cities. I have trained very hard in the time periods that I trained. I soaked in a ton of information from Spencer fisher. I continue to learn from him. I dont feel I need to defend myself to anyone when there are other martial arts schools in this town that are far below my teachings and credentials. I understand why people are threatened by me enough to start all this gossip. Instead of posting anything on here as proof,(which I know would get all flipped around anyway) i send out an open invitation to come into the gym where I work and find out for yourselves. I trained longer than 6 months at Militech and I've got my bank statements to prove that! Haha.
    Last edited by jaymay252000; 9/14/2008 10:15am at . Reason: mispell
Page 1 of 18 1 234511 ... LastLast