221938 Bullies, 4266 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    7/25/2008 11:06am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that's what i thought you were describing, as i've had the same thing happen on rare occasions (though not from submissions). i THINK it's a matter of the radius and ulna cracking, but i'm no doctor...

Posted On:
    8/05/2008 12:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe this is just my philosophy... many people disagree with me... but if you are at practice and your partner has the kimura, and you know he has it, don't fight it just tap and go again. It is not worth the injury trust me on that. That's all about pride. I mean sure, you can figure out a way to get out sometimes... for example if someone arm bars you, you'd never know that you could stack them to get out of it if you always tapped... but when i practice escapes from dangerous positions i do so with my partner not during a normal roll... we set it up so i can practice escaping and they try not to rip my arm off.

But back on topic, the fact you have full range of motion is a good sign... ice it for a while. if it still hurts after a week you should get an xray. Practicing with an injury does not make you tough, it makes you stupid. Feel better :)

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 2:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About 4 months into my training, a purple belt in my class was laying on me in side control, with his hips switched toward my legs. I was laying my arm flat, trying to defend the kimura grip, which he promptly sunk in and lifted. Because his body weight was up high on my chest, I couldn't sit up to relieve the pressure and let it travel into my shoulder, so my elbow rotated in the socket making a really pretty noise.

My arm is ok now, and it took three weeks to recover. I iced for the first two. Also, when I came back I guarded and nursed that arm. I also found out that locking up a kimura grip on someone else stressed my elbow and caused it pain, so I didn't try any kimuras from the guard for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Defense Against the Homeless Seminar, 2008

Posted On:
    8/23/2008 7:10pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MACP, Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno
    About 4 months into my training, a purple belt.
    Fransisco?

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    8/23/2008 9:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, Joe. Sisco wasn't purple 4 months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2008 1:03am

Style: Baboo Baby

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace212
    Maybe this is just my philosophy... many people disagree with me... but if you are at practice and your partner has the kimura, and you know he has it, don't fight it just tap and go again. It is not worth the injury trust me on that. That's all about pride. I mean sure, you can figure out a way to get out sometimes... for example if someone arm bars you, you'd never know that you could stack them to get out of it if you always tapped... but when i practice escapes from dangerous positions i do so with my partner not during a normal roll... we set it up so i can practice escaping and they try not to rip my arm off.
    I'm a big fan of rolling to my back if I can't escape the kimura otherwise. Of course it means I'm in bottom of mount, but at least I'm still in the fight

Posted On:
    9/01/2008 8:12am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least you didn't forget how to breakfall properly like one of my training partners :D

YouTube - me braking my arm
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123