Page 5 of 11 First 123456789 ... Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A proper choke attacks your arteries on the sides of your neck and stops the blood flow to your brain-------peedee

wrong, there you are describing a strangle, a choke attacks air supply - strangle attacks blood supply

Style
    MIXED
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Peedee only trains submissions he doesn’t actually fight using them.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly. hall of famestaff
    Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I've found keeping the chin down does wonder in keeping off a rear naked, may not be the best defense, but it is a defense, and if you're rolling with your chin held high you're a freaking idiot.

Style
    BJJ, Karate,
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have fought using them. Have you ever entered a competiton?
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Style
    BJJ, Karate,
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It definitely helps, thats for sure. I have a friend who transitions when someone puts their chin down and places the radius bone of his forearm on the persons chin and applys his weight. He taps alot of people out that way. He can seriously break your jaw like that. A person who wasnt trained in submission wrestling would never know something like that though. I think the chin to the chest defense is meant more for the average Joe trying to strangle you on the street.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Er, competition were people can tap out is different from a LEO trying to subdue a PCP freak.

The deaths were accidental btw.
    How is it different? If the police are applying the chokes correctly there should be no difference. If you don't tap you just pass out, which isn't uncommon in most schools.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly. hall of famestaff
    Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I've been cauht by jaw locks, they suck ass. >_<

Style
    BJJ, Karate,
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, I never even thought about it until he pulled the crap on me. I dont think theres any way a normal person would know to do that though. He's a BIG fukker too, so when he puts the muscle on it feels like he's going to break all the teeth in my mouth lol. I'd love to bite someone that does that really hard just to see what they do lol.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Style
    BJJ, Karate,
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Usually when you ask someone like Disaster Master what competitons they've been in and they keep their mouth shut its for a reason. Another guy whos watched the Karate Kid once or twice.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Style
    Five Animal Fighting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "A proper choke attacks your arteries on the sides of your neck and stops the blood flow to your brain-------peedee

wrong, there you are describing a strangle, a choke attacks air supply - strangle attacks blood supply"

Then the "rear naked choke" is a strangle. You can't make someone black out in seconds by cutting of their air supply.

"How is it different? If the police are applying the chokes correctly there should be no difference. If you don't tap you just pass out, which isn't uncommon in most schools."

It is hard to apply almost anything correctly when fighting for your life. I would guess total number of the deaths due to choke holds are a combination of deaths due to crushed airways and just plan leaving the choke on too long. It can be hard to tell if a guy is passed out. Is he really out or is he just faking it? Do you let go of the choke right away, or do you keep it on until your partner can secure the guy in handcuffs?

Page 5 of 11 First 123456789 ... Last