Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/08/2003 3:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, just as rigant said.
    I have suggested that who ever thinks that, should go up to their little sister, give her 10 bucks, lift up their chin and let her punch them as hard as she can right on the adam's apple.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    12/08/2003 4:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just did that with my dog and he ate the money.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    12/08/2003 4:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dogs, they are smarter than people, you know...

Posted On:
    12/08/2003 4:26pm

Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You may not spar with them but you need to practice them. In the football case I was just a dumb kid who did what his coach told him and felt bad for the lineman after I saw the results.

In the street case, I had practiced that hook and strike combo many times during my JJJ days. The other guys was trying to remove my left eyeball at the time and I didnt have much time, but I saw the opening and took it. If I hadnt practiced it in the past I dont think I would have seen it, and therefore would have ended up looking like a pirate minus the parrot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2003 5:20pm

Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Four of every ten blunt laryngeal trauma victims are estimated to die at the scene of the accident."

These accidents are only at about 20 miles an hour. If you take a full hit on the front of the throat it will hurt you. You will probably end up losing your breath and gagging.

"Autopsy (K.A.L.) revealed the cause of death to be blunt throat trauma. The throat trauma was of marked degree and consistent with at least a single heavy, crushing injury directed from the front and somewhat below." - http://nga.jc.net/agc/database/behavior.htm

These are just a few articles. Argue all you want, but modern science disagrees with you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/24/2008 3:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jkd / kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    are you really looking for an answer, or are you just typing for the hell of it?

here is my 10 cents. the way i see it is: a strikes effectiveness is not always the strike itself, or its power, or its exact target. sometimes its the context.

example: round 2 of heated MMA fight between to conditioned fighters and you attempt a throat "punch". it lands....... receiver feels pain.....guards up, recovers and continues to fight.

#2- riding in car with brother to the store (he's driving), he tells you about his new pet hampster, you punch him in the throat...................he doesnt recover as well ass previous scenario's receiver.

not trying to be too stupid about it, but surprise,timing, and context plays into the equation.

fighting for life and fighting for points are 2 different things regardless of what guru,sifu,coach says otherwise. THe human body's perception of pain, and your mind's perception of its peril often times dictate very different responses. Rapists, crackheads (fill in your favorite villain) etc.... usually dont stop because you tapped out.

MMA is a sport, it is not combat. period. the surest way to prevent the mount is distance and an assault rifle.

In the ring they rule....on the street the ground is not your friend.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    2/24/2008 3:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bladekraft
    MMA is a sport, it is not combat. period. the surest way to prevent the mount is distance and an assault rifle.

Curse that pesky ground! What, with its HIV-infected syringes and broken malt liquor bottles and liquid-hot magma and what-have-you.

Ackermannweight

Posted On:
    2/24/2008 3:15am

supporting member
     Style: OWNAGE

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bladekraft
    are you really looking for an answer, or are you just typing for the hell of it?

here is my 10 cents. the way i see it is: a strikes effectiveness is not always the strike itself, or its power, or its exact target. sometimes its the context.

example: round 2 of heated MMA fight between to conditioned fighters and you attempt a throat "punch". it lands....... receiver feels pain.....guards up, recovers and continues to fight.

#2- riding in car with brother to the store (he's driving), he tells you about his new pet hampster, you punch him in the throat...................he doesnt recover as well ass previous scenario's receiver.

not trying to be too stupid about it, but surprise,timing, and context plays into the equation.

fighting for life and fighting for points are 2 different things regardless of what guru,sifu,coach says otherwise. THe human body's perception of pain, and your mind's perception of its peril often times dictate very different responses. Rapists, crackheads (fill in your favorite villain) etc.... usually dont stop because you tapped out.

Yeah, it's just too bad all of Gravedigger's signatures are actually burned onto stone tablets by the flaming sword of Gabriel himself, then mailed to Phrost to be converted into forum code under the name "Gravedigger". -Boyd :love2:
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011