Thread: Hi.

Style
    BJJ, formerly Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hi.

Hello, I'm registering so I can see links. And commenting so the reminder will go away.

I basically visit here now because I'm tired of the Chi Balls I read about on other forums.
    I did Wing Chun for four years then got KO'd by a newbie boxer after I finally had the balls to test my art. It was depressing, so I quit, tried aikido, didn't like wearing a dress, quit, and am now doing Judo and BJJ (Brief hiatus on BJJ atm) because they don't suck ass.

I'm not really here to write anything, I don't know enough yet. I can call bullshit on Chinese martial arts if I see them, but other than that, I'm just here to find stuff out.
    I'm a Kiwi as well.

KungFuBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We knew you could do it! 100xobm posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

The gift that keeps on giving supporting member
    Style
    On hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido. There are plenty of Kiwis here, be wary of Alex (he's trolled Newbietown in the past, not allowed).

Curious about your "wearing a dress" comment regarding Aikido. I assume you weren't wearing the hakama? Because it's not a dress (wide legged pants, actually). If you were wearing a dress, I'd very much like to see a link to that school (for laughs, just ribbing ya).

Again, welcome to the forums.

Style
    BJJ, formerly Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I meant the Hakama, I know it's not a dress, but they're not doing themselves any favours. I wasn't wearing it personally, I meant more that I decided you were meant to be badass (in a responsible way) when you got your black belt, and not look like an artistic road cone. It's a shame because I still think kote gaeshi is awesome to look at.

Style
    BJJ
    Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100xobm
    am now doing Judo and BJJ (Brief hiatus on BJJ atm) because they don't suck ass.

I'm not really here to write anything, I don't know enough yet. I can call bullshit on Chinese martial arts if I see them, but other than that, I'm just here to find stuff out.
    I'm a Kiwi as well.
    In that case, you might find this BJJ Beginner FAQ useful (depending how long you've been in the sport).

As I mention in that FAQ, for further reading on BJJ, I'd recommend the following threads:

Training, Stagnation and Tapping
    Maximizing what you get out of rolling
    Protecting Yourself During Sparring
    Grappling Basic Principles
    Advice for Noobs
    First Day Lesson
    Fundamental 5
    Obvious Epiphanies

And the following articles:

Starting BJJ Classes
    Nuggets of Advice

Style
    BJJ, formerly Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, I didn't really expect that much helpful advice straight off the bat.

Awesome, Thanks a bunch.