Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: new 2

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.
    Style
    Rehab Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atc ridr
    I am not anti mma. I never said anything neg about judo. A school somewhat near me which i was interested in does train with multiple attackers and have weapon disarming technics. I also never said anything neg about mma. And yes i said correctly it is a combat sport. I don't know where you get your impressions that i am trying to talk negatively about mma and judo.
    In which i am still curious how judo came in this?

In mma you train one on one, no weapons, no more people just one on one, and you physically train hard no doubt about it. Then how do you react when a weapon is coming at you with more people around? You train to fight till the other one gives up in a ring ( but only one other person and no weapons).
    In ninpo we train with multiple people and multiple weapons. We don't kick and punch alot, we more throw our attackers around (like judo). Ninpo is alot like jujutsu(which judo came from)called taijutsu. My question which if i don't hear a serious answer tonight i am giving up waiting for a real reply. Why do mostly all mma think that ninpo is useless on the street when they only train for one on one fights. Please no children just serious adults.
    You've been answered several times. People who train for fights know it works in a one on one real fight because that's how it is trained. There is no guessing or theory involved. A boxer can block a punch thrown with the intent to hurt him because he has, many many times. It may very well not work in a multiple opponent situation. Or if an opponent pulls a weapon. We can't know.

The thing is, even though the boxer (or BJJer or Judoke, or MMAer) only knows that his style works in one situation, that is one situation more than someone who never pressure tests their style knows. And there is no way to pressure test styles other than under rules.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So everyone (mma) believe b/c it works on one situation that it works better in all b/c ninpo is not a sport that you can test. My point was that they both train extremely differently. How do you compare and give a legitimate reason when you can't compare but just say it's useless. Thank you for your reply, no i haven't been answered several times just questioned. It sounds alot like to me like kids saying santa is real and rudulph is not...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And lionknight
    I don't even know what the he-- trolling is but all i wanted was a reasonable answer not a 12 yr old enjoying hearing themselves speak which is not very amusing..........

Style
    Kajukenbo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im curious to know how ninpo defends against multiple attackers. Ive never seen an art that effectively dealt with multiple opponents. I think youre point would better made if you clarified what part of your training makes it better suited for those types of attacks.

Style
    kenpo, Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP,

Just read your reply. Online search revealed a lot of questionable techniques. We will then run into debates about my search finding "real" ninpo. I do not have ninpo training and am not qualified to determine legitimacy here. Please post a link to images or video of legitimate ninpo techniques, and I will give an honest critique based on my knowledge of physics, biology, anatomy etc. My critique will be subject to rational review by the forum and maybe we can make some progress on the discussion. I have a nerdy streak so don't mind this type of discussion.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ippon
    The part that makes it better suited for those kinds of attacks is that we train with multiple people attacking at the same time. It is not always one on one training, and we train with our attackers using weapons.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will look around to see if i can find any links, I know you tube doesn't help. and what is op?

Style
    kenpo, Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The OP is the "Original Poster". Any link is fine, including Youtube. I have found a lot of stuff, I just would like some sort of an endorsement of a given link or video before make a comment on it. Two reason, 1) If I give a complete critique of a ninja video and it is not even ninjutsu that would be completely wasted and 2) I want to avoid the "real" debate.

Page 3 of 3 First 123