Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: new 2

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

new 2

hey everyone
    i am new to bullshido, but i have been reading since i found the sit a few weeks ago. So i assume that most people that get on this website are train in mma. i train currently in the genbukan style (ninpo or most commonly know ninjutsu ). i have trained in taekwondo, aikido, shorin ryu, and combat jujitsu. What i don't understand is why everyone knocks on ninjutsu so much? Ninjutsu doesn't teach to fight, it teaches to evade a situation and worst case senerio end a situation. MMA has rules and is a Sport. I am not saying it won't work on the street, because if it would work fantastically on a 1 on 1 fight. But multiple attackers i find it hard to defend yourself from 5 or even 2 guys on the ground. And i read in a few different forums about sparring with a ninjutsu practitioner. Ninjutsu students don't practice sparring. Why would you want to punch a 6ft5 250 pound man when i am only 5ft7. If i was in a confrontation and couldn't get out of it i would much rather throw him and be on my merry way then try to knock out hit him. That is the diffrence mma are sport fighters you train to hurt. We train to survive. I am not trying to say anything neg of mma i just don't understand why people knock on ninjutsu b/c when they don't understand that its not a sport, it's a way of life.

TKDBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So atc ridr, you decided to go ahead and register huh? Cool. Don't forget to review your dojo.

Style
    Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read around a lot before leaveing newbie town.

DO some searches on this site for Sport vs. Street. Read a lot on the subject before you decide to post / ask questions.

A lot of what you said has been asked many times on this board and the answers are always the same.

Boiled down it cames to this: If you want to survive you have to train to fight, sport fighters train to fight, so they have a better chance of survival; compared to someone who never fights but pretends they have practiced to survive.

Welcome to bullshido... have an open mind and a thick skin.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=lionknight]Read around a lot before leaveing newbie town.

Boiled down it cames to this: If you want to survive you have to train to fight, sport fighters train to fight, so they have a better chance of survival; compared to someone who never fights but pretends they have practiced to survive.

Thankyou for the welcome

but this is exactly what i was talking about. The only answers you ever get from a mma is we train to fight. You train to fight with rules. Where in the world is there rules for the street. You fight in competition. Like i said you fight, we don't train to fight. We train to evade fights and end attacks. You train to survive supervised fights. We train to survive real life threats against us and our family. If you had an attacker come at youwith a knife, bat, especially a gun, what then? i wish most people on this site knew what they were talking about. not all but most. i hope to hear from fellow practitioners on your thoughts about all this and i will do my research soon and see most of you on different threads. If i could have a experience martial artist speak and give me a less empty minded response i will appreciate it

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Paragraphs would help
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea, i see i should make a paragraph out of every sentence. Some people should notice you need for sentences to make a full paragraph.

Style
    Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=atc ridr]
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight
    Read around a lot before leaveing newbie town.

Thankyou for the welcome

but this is exactly what i was talking about. The only answers you ever get from a mma is we train to fight. You train to fight with rules. Where in the world is there rules for the street. You fight in competition. Like i said you fight, we don't train to fight. We train to evade fights and end attacks. You train to survive supervised fights. We train to survive real life threats against us and our family. If you had an attacker come at youwith a knife, bat, especially a gun, what then? i wish most people on this site knew what they were talking about. not all but most. i hope to hear from fellow practitioners on your thoughts about all this and i will do my research soon and see most of you on different threads. If i could have a experience martial artist speak and give me a less empty minded response i will appreciate it
    sigh... ok I'll bite and sinse this is newbie town I'll even be nice :kiss:

So are you saying that when you train for "survival" you have no rules in place?

How often have you been hurt in training and what kinds of injuries have you had?

How many fighters do you know that don't want to end a fight quickly? Fedor and Silva, come to mind... oh wait...

stopping their because it is jsut to hard to control my closed mindedness.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for being nice i guess,
    what does anybody wanting to end a fight quickly have to do with this post? Of course people want to end fights quickly. What does injuries have to do with it too? And there are no rules on the street? You must have thought this was a differ post b/c you answered nothing, thanks for stopping there because i see why it is hard to copntrol your emptymindedness. I asked this in newb town hoping to get a real answer and not childish nonsense. I guess if i don't get a real one in the next couple days i will forget about the question.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.
    Style
    Rehab Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can train unrealistically for real fights, or realistically for fake ones. Training realistically for real fights involves lots of dead bodies and having to replace the carpets alot.

Style
    kenpo, Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all there are rules on the street:

1) Natural laws. The laws of physics, biology, and anatomy must be followed. We have had ninja explain their art and came up with moves, techniques, training methods, etc that violates natural law. When natural law is broken, I am skeptical of the efficacy of the technique.

2) "Law" law. Very many street fighters have found that the police, courts, and jail are real.

Second: Evidence.

I have seen many videos and witnessed "sport" technique such as wrestling, boxing, and judo working on the mean streets. I have also seen many untrained street fight videos of people getting knocked out or seriously injured by ring legal techniques. (Punches to the head or body, throws, shoving, pulling, etc.)

I have not seen deadly fight enders. (Note: you can't prove a negative but still, the lack of evidence is interesting to say the least.)

Let me know if you consider this a legitimate response.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last