My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/26/2008 3:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Danosky
    Thanks! Just for curiosity's sake, how about "Боевое Самбо"?
    Like IIF said it means Combat Sambo. I am working some more Sambo into my game (Omega gave me a painful lesson in it once, the heartless bastard!) I am sponsoring a foriegn officer form Kazakhstan (yes I've already given him all the Borat grillings I can) he wrestled at his academy and did some sambo. He speaks Russian, Turkish (he went to school in Turkey as well), and ofcourse Kazakh and English. So I put him on duty translating may of the Russian books I have.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2008 9:33am

Style: Yoshi orc + Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's really cool to get to meet those kinds of people. I don't know if it's just an unknown/mystique kind of thing, but you hear the russians have some particularly bad asses amongst them. Part of it being the military ventures they've had and the other being the relative level of crime and desperation in their civilian population.

We had a guy from South Africa at our school who was pretty rugged for a computer guy. It's so tough there I think it's just a necessity. He had gotten his whole family out on his work visa somehow. I asked him what he was going to do after it expired. He said, "I don't know, but we're not going back there no matter what."

Martial arts is important to me, but it seemed important to him on a completely different level.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    7/27/2008 11:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    Did he provide examples of this?
    'Cause I can't think of any fights of his in the UFC where that was the case.
    I believed he mentioned his fight with Burkman.

keep in mind it's Karo - he has a lot of confidence in himself

Posted On:
    7/27/2008 11:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    Did you watch Penn and GSP fight?
    The entirety of GSP's strategy was to get his ass kicked in the first round and stall out the last two rounds for a win.

The fight you should be referencing is Diego-Parysian. One round clearly went to each, and the remaining round was pretty even.
    Several times during the fight Karo hit some sweet throws. Unfortunately he over rotated them and never established position (and got his back taken because of it at least once).
    I did watch Penn and GSP fight. And to a degree, I agree with what you're saying. I just remember a friend of mine (who trains with me too....but doesn't quite get it yet) saying "what a loser, all GSP can do is throw him, then he stands back up. Throws suck for MMA and self-defense." I think we can agree on the stupidity of that statement.

I didn't see the Diego-Parisyan (sp?) fight. In my experience Youtube doesn't have many good full clips of fights--does alluc.com or somewhere else have a resource that doesn't involve buying a DVD?

Upa, I think I'm going to stop talking and let Bill, Gezere and Goju Joe say my point better than I can. Sorry about the blogotube hissy fit. C'mon, let's clinch and make up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2008 12:21pm

Style: Yoshi orc + Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2
    Upa, I think I'm going to stop talking and let Bill, Gezere and Goju Joe say my point better than I can.
    *Just wanted to highlight that I got mentioned in the same sentence as these guys.*

He meant me... right?

Posted On:
    7/27/2008 12:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Danosky
    *Just wanted to highlight that I got mentioned in the same sentence as these guys.*

He meant me... right?
    Yeah. <sarcasm>And my endorsement means a lot around these parts.</sarcasm>
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314