Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 4:14am

Style: Oyoma Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashadown
    According to this individual here that calls Mr. Guerra old and crazy, I wonder how old you are. The fact is that he is 57 years old. By no means is this man old. As far as crazy, what do you mean, like retarded? Is he slow? People thought Albert Eienstein was crazy. He is a Martial Arttist who is seasond with 40 years of experiance. If he has lived longer than you, of course is is older than you. You sound like a very spoiled immmature human being who has not learned anything about the Martial Arts exept how to be rude, crude, arrogant, and full of your own ego. You do not even know this man personally, and you take other peoples opinions about him, and those people may have that same problem you do where you are unteachable. I believe that this forum bullshido does a great injustice to real martial artists who have dedicated thier lives to teaching. You are probably one of those shaved-head phsudo-macho steroid injected cro-magnum and neadrathal mentalities that did not learn anything about respect and honor in your old karate schools. Before you critisice, why don't you just come and meet the man yourself. Upon meeting him, you will find no pretention as he speacks freely and casually in the dialect of a very polite gentelman who treats all human beings with respect and compassion. And as far as having scars on his back from Vietnam, that is an outright lie. And his service to this country was only one tour in vietnam, not three. He did serve in north and south vietnam with honor and digniity. He wore the uniform of the us armed forces proudly. The majority of veterans do suffer from some type of trauma either phisicaly or emotionally. And for you to trample over the honor and dignity of a vietnam veteran or any veteran for that matter, is unwarranted. We set the record straght that Mr. Guerra is actively teaching a select group of students Wing Chun. He is teaching Soryu karate and escrima at his leisure. Vis-A-Vis if you should find the oprotune time to contact him, you may do so. And come in peace.

Call him at 512-902-1228, you may call him directly.
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, let me get one thing straight here: I am most certainly NOT bald!

Weak

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 5:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is not going well.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 5:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What am I supposed to do? Was the language I used in the first post really too harsh/inappriopriate? I really had no intention of writing anything inflamatory. I don't see how some people could get so upset over a little colloquial usage of the word "crazy."

Weak

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 5:27am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the problem is the way the OP started things. Then the other guy taking about Mr Guerra's PTSD etc.

I don't think this is a very fair discussion if the man isn't here to defend himself considering that the OP hasn't stated why he's so interested in this topic.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 5:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Noted. If a mod sees this, it would probably be best to redact those portions and store them should the need to discuss arise. Also, whatever punishment/bans that are common to the website should be doled out to those responsible (myself included.)

EDIT: I also apologize to Mr. Guerra if my use of the term "crazy" was misinterpreted. Again, that was not my intention.
    Last edited by jvjim; 12/22/2008 5:35am at .

Weak

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 5:35am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think your use of the word 'crazy' was an attack. It can mean quite a few things and it seems like Mr Guerra's students/acquaintances lumped you with the OP instead of taking what you said in context.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 6:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toulouseman
    I've trained under Sifu Guerra from 1985-1996. I earned a Master degree 6th level in Wing Chun from him. Together we established the Latin American Headquarters in Monterrey, México in 1990.
    Also, I'm a Clinical Psychologist with a Ph. D. from Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon. I've been practicing psychoteraphy with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder patients for more than 20 years.
    funny, have you ever been to a dutch university yapping about wing chun to psychologists?
    a friend of mine is a clinical psychologist and told me about some weird american who was a psychologist aswell and turned his lecture into a WC charade.
    if it is you, you MUST look me up next time you're here.

All that said, it is only to clarify that Master Guerra suffered from PTSD after his 3rd tour of duty in Viet Nam. He was wounded in action. I personally have seen the scars on his back. He received meritorious citation by the Navy. He was part of the U.S.S Jouette creww while in operations at the Mekong Delta. He participated in operations Linebacker I & II.

Thus, I'm confirming that he has been treated for PTSD. His personality traits may seem very odd to some people.
    I think you're not very professional by claiming this, and im expressing myself mildly now.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/22/2008 11:03am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jvjim
    Noted. If a mod sees this, it would probably be best to redact those portions and store them should the need to discuss arise. Also, whatever punishment/bans that are common to the website should be doled out to those responsible (myself included.)
    What the hell are you even talking about? Ban for what?

Let me add, I respect what the military does for me and my country. It in no way confirms that your Martial Skill is above reproach. So, let's make sure we keep those two things separate.

Since we are talking about immaturity and arrogance you need to read his supporters posts and get back to me.

Posted On:
    12/23/2008 7:36am

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not really sure if it's necessary but I've got some capacity to corroborate whether the Ph D' holder is legit or not through access to a wide range of psychological and medical peer reviewed journals

Please don't take this as an insult Toulouseman, you must understand the need for empirical and independent evaluation, especially on something as ambiguous as the internet.

However, it seems odd to me that you'd make a professional statement about someone's mental condition:
    Master Guerra suffered from PTSD.
    without having treated him yourself:
    But I'm not or has been his therapist.
    Now, it's been a while but it seems a little odd that you would make this statement unless you'd conducted psychotherapy with him yourself. There are easy enough ways for you to explain this, as it's been a while since I was involved in abnormal psychology.

Furthermore, it also seems odd to me that you misspelled psychotherapy. I may be nitpicking as english may be your second language but it's a pretty major part of your job

Lastly, ethically speaking, even if Sifu Guerra chooses to disclose these things in magazines and books, he does this of his own volition and these declarations are under his own control. Is it ethical for you to reveal the details of someone's mental welfare (even if said information is available to those who seek it) without their permission?

As far as I'm aware, even if the data is available, volunteering the information remains within the rights of the individual. But then again the states may do it differently.

These are some small issues, but they add up to me wondering a little.

Considering this isn't in MABS and you aren't the actual instructor in question it's probably neither relevant, pertinent or justified for me to need to nitpick this further and I mean you no disrespect, I'm only noting some things which made me pause. Indeed if you do have a Ph.D you'd be able to clarify these issues for me easily, and I expect that this is the case.
    Last edited by 100xobm; 12/23/2008 7:38am at .

Posted On:
    12/31/2008 1:06pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The REAL TRUTH about this man......

Richard Guerra is a FAKE. I was recently his assistant, and I can tell you that he is full of CRAP, and here are the reasons:

1. He is not a real jew. He is the same religon as his parents: catholic.

2. He is a pervert. I left my photo alblum in his car the other night, and he took the ONLY picture I had of my late mother, and EJACULATED on it, and gave it back to me like that.

3. He is NOT a real Navy seal. A real navy seal would not brag about thier missions, nor wear this metals, or even brag about having PTSD to everyone he sees.

4. This is a dangerous man. The reason he is so hated by the entire Austin martial arts community is because one day he got drunk and beat -up all his students.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SICO
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast