226106 Bullies, 4146 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 291 to 300 of 338
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 31323334 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Cy Q. Faunce is offline
    Cy Q. Faunce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,577

    Posted On:
    7/22/2009 11:15am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yams1994 View Post
    Well i'm a helluva lot more reliable than the people who claim to know my uncle on this forum.
    Reliable for what? Opinions? Family stories?

    The investigation is about the documented facts of what Guerra claimed about his military service versus the documented facts of that service. On that subject, unless you have verifiable evidence to bring to the table, the documents are more reliable than you are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yams1994 View Post
    And please give me a link to you investigation write up so i can see it.
    I already did, but again: http://www.bullshido.org/Richard_Guerra
  2. Cy Q. Faunce is offline
    Cy Q. Faunce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,577

    Posted On:
    7/22/2009 11:22am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yams1994 View Post
    Cy, i have to admit that is very thorough, but does his military identity really matter?
    If it doesn't matter, why did he lie so much and so often about it? Why did he make those lies a part of the marketing of his martial arts business?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yams1994 View Post
    isnt the fact that he served enough, thats more than any of you can say (except for steve).
    But none of us lied about our service, or used those lies as a part of our attempts to promote our services. Guerra did.

    Also, if Guerra will lie about something like that, why would anyone trust him?

    His martial arts instruction has been critiqued here: Richard Guerra's So Ryu Karate- Austin TX - No BS Martial Arts

    Read that for an objective assessment of your uncle's ability to teach.
  3. reindo is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    200

    Posted On:
    7/22/2009 11:26am


     Style: Judo/JKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yams1994 View Post
    i mean what is this forum about? martial arts isnt it? so then why does it matter when, where, how, and for how long he served? isnt the fact that he served enough, thats more than any of you can say
    actually I have already written that US-Bullshido members appreciate any member of the armed forces, regardless of their exact deployment and task.
    But telling obvious lies about it would speak volumes for the person concerned.
    In addition I have to tell you that there are many BS members who were/are serving in armed forces. check for that dark green tag which reads "military".
    a question for you, does a SEAL ever get so stressed up due to a website that he gets himself an heart attack? SEALs I happened to know are usually nice and down-to-earth guys, who know to differentiate between things, which are really important and which are not.
    sorry but someone like your uncle cannot be a former SEAL.
  4. jeff5 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NW burbs of Chicago
    Posts
    133

    Posted On:
    7/22/2009 11:29am


     Style: KunTao & Kettlebells

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yams1994 View Post
    There is no doubting richards abilities, he is a very distinguished man when it comes to martial arts.
    While what your saying me be true (several people on this thread have echoed your statement by the way), his martial arts abilities are not the focus of this thread.

    The issue with his military record is that it is given along with his credentials as a martial artist which implies it somehow makes him "deadlier", or more qualified to teach. I believe some people in this thread have even stated that he can stand alone on his Martial abilities without the fake Seal claims. So why even make them?

    You'll also note that this thread is in YMAS, not the BS investigation forum. The reason for that (I think..) is that the main focus of this thread are his military claims, not his martial art ability or lineage. (which I believe has been discussed previously anyway)

    Also keep in mind that there are many former and current military on this forum, and they rightly take offense to someone who makes false claims.

    I'm sure you care about your Uncle a great deal, and its natural for you to defend him. I'm sorry he lied to you about his record, but take the time to read the article and this thread and put your emotions aside.

    That's assuming you are who you say you are, and not Richard. (sorry, no way to know, and people do it all the time) In that case well..I guess I typed all of that for nothing!
    Last edited by jeff5; 7/22/2009 11:41am at .
  5. richguerra is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    AUSTIN TEXAS
    Posts
    110

    Posted On:
    8/07/2009 12:09am


     Style: LAU FU WING TSUN

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my students support my efforts as a martial artist OF 43 yrs experiance, my former student user name toulose assumed i had scars on my back - i didnt tell him about any scars, or ptsd for that matter. i do not have any scars. mano de guerra is not a fraudulant martial art. many of the indegenous martial arts have roots in the native american culture of the maya and azteca indians, are the filipinos frauds also in the founding of ther own stickfighting systems such as grandmaster leo gaje? or is it that devin miller has to attack my culture , due to his latent racist u[pbringing that all whites are superior to mexicans and blacks, mano de guerra is my martial art , my personal expression as a martial artist, why dont you question the koreans the chinese or the japanese martial arts -- someone founded them? but since its mine and its a hispanic title -- spanish - and translates to "hand of war" it must be fake. so there for if its fake to you so be it--- but to me its as real as your ass is on youR body, as to me trying to disrupt your judo or jujitsu seminar---- you and some of your friends kept harrasing me, you kept trying to get me to respond basing your disregard for my teaching wing chun, and soryu karate and now you attack mano de guerra. my skills work for me and my students period they are happy with what i teach, if you would like a demonstration of MANO DE GUERRA MY HIGHEST grade STUDENT CAN OBLIGE YOU OR ANY ONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER, AS A COURTESY TO YOU AND ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS ON THIS FORUM. THAT WAY YOU CAN FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF IF ITS FAKE OR NOT, DO ME A GREAT FAVOR INSTEAD OF HIDING BEHIND YOUR KEYBOARD OF YOUR LAPTOP, COME OUT AND MEET ME AND LETS GET THIS OVER WITH, AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE ONLY AS A DEMONSTRATION, ONLY IN PEACE FOR MY RESPECT TO YOU AS A MARTIAL ARTIST. NO MORE COMMENTS WILL FOLLOW . MY MOST DEEPEST RESPECTFULL INVITATION TO YOU AND ANY--- I MEAN ANY OF YOUR MMA FRIENDS........ YOURS SINCERELY GRANDMASTER RICHARD GUERRA FOUNDER MANO DE GUERRA MARTIAL ARTS. let this die here. or you can continue your tirade as long as you wish.. we now depart in peace, be well my friend and the best to you in everything you do.
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,995

    Posted On:
    8/07/2009 12:34am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh shut up. You call the police on people.

    You also claim harassment.
  7. richguerra is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    AUSTIN TEXAS
    Posts
    110

    Posted On:
    8/07/2009 12:55am


     Style: LAU FU WING TSUN

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    from 13- to 19 yrs old we were trained in kumite with out pads, thats the way it was in those days. my first instructor was a very hard soryu karate sensei, i was very young but i was in that tough as nails class, and in fact some of my former classmates now in there late sixties will attest to the fact that i was trained in the same manner as all who practiced SORYU KARATE IN THE ERA OF BLOOD AN GUTS TEXAS KARATE IN THE 1960S TO 1970S. ALSO THE FACT THAT THE MEXICAN AMERICAN CULTURE PRIDES ITSELF IN NOT BACKING DOWN FROM NO THREAT OR ANY ONE WAS INSTILLED IN ME FROM THAT EARLY AGE FIRST FROM MY GRANDFATHER AND FATHER AND FROM MY FIRST SORYU KARATE SENSEI. my classmates were all older than me except that in 1970 a few of my buddies closer to my age joined such as the late edward serrano,arnold serrano, joe torres, stanley franklin martin limon was a bit older than us and so was baydoe terrazez. the black belts that i did witness in tournaments were allan steen, skipper mullins chuck loven, pat burleson, joe lewis, ed daniel, mike uselton, algene bunda mike stone , chuck norris TONY LASIT ,MONTYcantu. dan baker, abel villareal, and benny calvo all friends of my first instructor, all pioneers of the texas blood and guts era of KARATE , AS FOR SWABBING DECKS most bo sun mates did that, i was in the CIC. AND YES O.J.t, i served with honor--- and if i could now i would. the navy was not a career with me that was not my plan. i wanted to serve my country, and i did . i was not one of those that burned their draft cards i volunteerd before i was drafted, and i was not one of those who fled to canada. besides back then i would have stood out like a sore thumb, mexico would have been ideal, but i wanted to serve my country.
  8. Cy Q. Faunce is offline
    Cy Q. Faunce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,577

    Posted On:
    8/07/2009 1:00am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by richguerra View Post
    my students
    Didn't you claim that you retired from teaching?
  9. Cy Q. Faunce is offline
    Cy Q. Faunce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,577

    Posted On:
    8/07/2009 1:02am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by richguerra View Post
    i served with honor
    And then dishonored yourself by lying about your service, both to newspaper reporters and to your shipmates on their forum. It's a shame, and it's a further shame that you refuse to admit this fact.
  10. richguerra is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    AUSTIN TEXAS
    Posts
    110

    Posted On:
    8/07/2009 1:04am


     Style: LAU FU WING TSUN

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my senior students are in charge of teaching for me sir. i just visit them from time to time. my teachings are left to my senior black belts that have been with me over 20 yrs. i have retired from all teachings

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.