Administrator

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 5:22pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toulouseman

However, the reality is that one of the guys that I replied before, called him "crazy". I considered that an offense, not only to a martial artist, but to a human being that sacrificed his life and his family. In an open forum like this, barbarous inventions can be written.
    I will not answer to personal insults. But I will openly defend the misjudged sifu.
    You weren't insulted. People still use crazy to describe erratic behavior. When Rampage Jackson had his problem "crazy" was used multiple times.

Not saying it is right or wrong just pointing out, you are being slightly touchy.

Conclusion: In all honesty, from what I understand the guy is old and crazy as hell, but used to be a great fighter and instructor. Whatever he's doing now is up to the OP or an Austin bully to investigate because I can't find anything on the guy other than old videos.
    Actaully, I take that back, you are begin extremely sensitive.

There was nothing barbarous in that statement.

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 2:03am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least some common sense has appeared in your "I take that back". Maybe you can be more careful with your judgemental, abusive,insulting behavior and the words full of prejudice.
    If you are ready; I can get you to meet this "old" and "crazy" master (and war hero, by the way), before you type any misconception that may lead astray to some other members from this forum.
    The only answer that will validate your statements is a face-to-face confrontation.
    Are you ready?

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 2:35am

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least some common sense has appeared in your "I take that back". Maybe you can be more careful with your judgemental, abusive,insulting behavior and the words full of prejudice.
    If you are ready; I can get you to meet this "old" and "crazy" master (and war hero, by the way), before you type any misconception that may lead astray to some other members from this forum.
    The only answer that will validate your statements is a face-to-face confrontation.
    Are you ready?
    Um, there really was nothing insulting about the use of "crazy" in that post.

And considering your reaction to It is Fake's reply, I'd say that you're probably closer to being actually crazy than sifu Guerra is.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 10:11am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you ready?
    Hold on let me check:

Quote Originally Posted by IIF
    You weren't insulted. People still use crazy to describe erratic behavior. When Rampage Jackson had his problem "crazy" was used multiple times.

Not saying it is right or wrong just pointing out, you are being slightly touchy.

Actaully, I take that back, you are begin extremely sensitive.

There was nothing barbarous in that statement.
    Let's see where was I Judgmental? Oh wait I wasn't.
    Where is my prejudice? It doesn't exist.
    Where were you insulted? You weren't unless, of course, you are really the Sifu.
    Where did I insult Guerra? I didn't.
    Lead astray? Not me.

How about you shut your illiterate ass up? You can get me a meeting? So, that is what you do? You run around and set up fights for people who didn't level an insult.

If anything I insulted you and that is a stretch.

Grow up,go back to school, and learn reading comprehension.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous
    You know... As someone in a field that also places a lot of emphasis on confidentiality, it strikes me as terribly odd that you would air out a friend's psychological issues on the internet.
    No ****! Shrinkshido!

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 11:03am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Grow up,go back to school, and learn reading comprehension.
    To be (extremely) fair, I think he's ESL. That said, he's either RG himself, or someone who needs to be stripped of his right to treat people professionally.

I say take the meeting., and bring Jackrusher to film everyone's feet.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/19/2008 11:07am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleSoft
    To be (extremely) fair, I think he's ESL. That said, he's either RG himself, or someone who needs to be stripped of his right to treat people professionally.

I say take the meeting., and bring Jackrusher to film everyone's feet.
    So?

If you know how to issue challenges for others, and threaten someone you need to learn how to read.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2008 6:01am

Style: Oyoma Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haven't checked back in quite some time, but I'll go ahead and stake my purpose in posting the above.

My main goal was to make it aware that, as told by my source, Mr. Guerra was an excellent practitioner of the particular style of Karate in question and that he holds what I was lead to believe is legitimate certification in Wing Chun. The purpose of the site is to expose those who misrepresent products (their ability to teach martial arts) to consumers. Mr. Guerra, according to my source, does not fall under this category.

However, as I stated above, Mr. Guerra supposedly has a reputation of being eccentric. That may be relevant in deciding whether or not to train under him. It's also information (whether or not it is accurate) that I was lead to believe is fairly well known in that community (of traditional martial artists in the Austin area) so much so that the OP could have found out on his own had he done the required research.

I had heard from my source that he experienced problems related to his service, but because that is priveledged information I didn't want to divulge it on the internet (particularly because it was uncorroborated.) The "crazy as hell" language referred to Mr. Guerra's reputation as an eccentric and did not reference any mental problems he may have the misfortune of suffering from. The nature of the forum is such that superfluous language, or language that may seem superfluous, is ignored. Thus, "crazy as hell" was much more appropriate than giving a long history of incidents that may or may not have happened.

In closing, it was not my intention to insult Mr. Guerra. In fact it was the opposite, however in the spirit of full disclosure I had to tell the good (Mr. Guerra's skill) as well as the bad (his reputation as an eccentric.) Mine was a favorable review (from third hand information, but favorable none the less), particularly given that this site is inundated with stories about "experts" who falsify records, conceal their lack of ability, and misrepresent themselves to consumers in such a way as to appear as having the credentials of Mr. Guerra. Of course, as Toulouseman corroborates the information from my source, it is probably safe to assume Mr. Guerra credentials are legitimate in all respects. If Toulouseman or Mr. Guerra wish to contact me, please do so by PM and we can rectify these matters if the above is insufficient.

Posted On:
    12/10/2008 10:14pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Michael Damrow here.....

Mr. Guerra is teaching at Jeff Webb's south Austin Wing Tsun school. You can meet Mr. Guerra on Mondays and Wedsdays at 7pm. You are most welcome to meet him. He has a group of young kids that he is teaching, and they love this crazy old sensei. He's full of love and compassion. Invite him for a cup of tea, and get to know the real Sifu Guerra insted of all the gossip. Mr Guerra was made aware of this site, and his only reaction was a smile.

Thank-you

-Michael Damrow

Posted On:
    12/21/2008 7:35pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    According to this individual here that calls Mr. Guerra old and crazy, I wonder how old you are. The fact is that he is 57 years old. By no means is this man old. As far as crazy, what do you mean, like retarded? Is he slow? People thought Albert Eienstein was crazy. He is a Martial Arttist who is seasond with 40 years of experiance. If he has lived longer than you, of course is is older than you. You sound like a very spoiled immmature human being who has not learned anything about the Martial Arts exept how to be rude, crude, arrogant, and full of your own ego. You do not even know this man personally, and you take other peoples opinions about him, and those people may have that same problem you do where you are unteachable. I believe that this forum bullshido does a great injustice to real martial artists who have dedicated thier lives to teaching. You are probably one of those shaved-head phsudo-macho steroid injected cro-magnum and neadrathal mentalities that did not learn anything about respect and honor in your old karate schools. Before you critisice, why don't you just come and meet the man yourself. Upon meeting him, you will find no pretention as he speacks freely and casually in the dialect of a very polite gentelman who treats all human beings with respect and compassion. And as far as having scars on his back from Vietnam, that is an outright lie. And his service to this country was only one tour in vietnam, not three. He did serve in north and south vietnam with honor and digniity. He wore the uniform of the us armed forces proudly. The majority of veterans do suffer from some type of trauma either phisicaly or emotionally. And for you to trample over the honor and dignity of a vietnam veteran or any veteran for that matter, is unwarranted. We set the record straght that Mr. Guerra is actively teaching a select group of students Wing Chun. He is teaching Soryu karate and escrima at his leisure. Vis-A-Vis if you should find the oprotune time to contact him, you may do so. And come in peace.

Call him at 512-902-1228, you may call him directly.
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast