When I Get Back
Posted On:5/06/2009 10:15am
Originally Posted by katan-ko
These forums are more childish than slam books. I have known Guerra for many years. I also know that a very sick street person was recently sent to Brackenridge hospital after years of stalking Guerra and his family. Guerra's patience finally wore out.
Please provide the details as I am SURE there would be some manner of police record detailing the stalking and subsequent assault.
Sin Dios! Sin amos!
Posted On:5/06/2009 5:55pm
Style: Starting Over... Judo
I'm no sifu and I can hit homeless dudes with a tire iron like the best of them.
But you see I dont, because thats nothing to be proud of. Sifu has no way of dealing with a mentally ill person (who by definition doesnt know what they are doing is wrong) except to near cripple them?
No other option, violent or non-violent, direct or indirect, presented itself because he was out of paitence?
Yeah, sounds like a great guy to learn from.
Posted On:5/06/2009 5:57pm
Style: Finding You
Well, let's not take this anonymous jerk's word for it. Richard Guerra may have done nothing at all to Damrow. Guerra might consider suing katan-ko for libel, however.
Posted On:5/08/2009 11:02am
We are concluding our investigation of Richard Guerra.
During the investigation, we discovered a number of serious problems with his story and want to give him a final opportunity to answer the questions posed by Samuel Browning and me on the thread.
We have an article on Guerra that is ready for publication. It is not favorable.
If he does not respond in writing, answering the questions Mr. Browning and I have asked, this will indicate he does not have any reasonable explanation for some of our issues of concern, and we will simply publish the article as is. If he cooperates, we may be able to uncover some information that will change our conclusion that he has lied about important aspects of his life history.
The questions again, for Mr. Guerra's review:
1. You mentioned that you trained SEALs and intel units in Soryu Karate takedowns and joint locks. Was this part of your duties, or something you did on an unofficial basis? How many SEALs did you teach, and for how long? What martial arts backgrounds did they have, and what were you able to teach them?
2. You mentioned participating in Operation Homecoming and Operation Linebacker II. What was your role in those operations?
3. You mentioned engaging the NVA and the Viet Cong in heavy firefights on land and in the coastal waters of North and South Vietnam in the Gulf of Tonkin. How many firefights were you in? When and where did they take place? What was your role in those firefights?
4. You mentioned an involvement in search and rescue operations in North and South Vietnam in Haiphong Harbor. How many of these operations did you participate in? When and where did they happen? What was your role in these operations?
5. Specifically what injuries did you sustain?
6. How did you injure yourself on shore in North Vietnam?
7. What were you doing at the specific time you were injured?
8. Which month and year did this injury or injuries take place?
9. You indicated you were ashore in North Vietnam. How many days on the ground did you spend there? Where were you located. What did you do while there? What dates were you actually in North Vietnam?
Please respond within 48 hours, Mr. Guerra.
Last edited by Sam Browning; 5/08/2009 12:13pm at .
Posted On:5/08/2009 12:14pm
I added in question 9 to the above post.
Posted On:5/09/2009 1:36am
Style: BJJ, Judo
That thread was like reading a detective novel.
Some innocent question about a guy, then a mysterious stranger named "ashadown" has multiple personality disorder, then some guy dies.
I seem to be missing a piece of the puzzle - I even used the search function. This thread has nothing from January 2009 to April 2009 and it looks like some headway was made in the investigation during that time. Was the content excised? Because this thread is awesome and I'd love to read it.
Posted On:5/10/2009 12:15pm
Richard Guerra is a wing tsun and soryu karate instructor in Austin, Texas. He has made many claims about his past military service, including that he saw combat during the Vietnam War, that he served as a Navy SEAL, that he was involved in Navy Special Operations, that he fought in North Vietnam, and that he trained Navy SEALs and other special operations personnel in martial arts. Based on publicly available records, we can refute these claims. Guerra did not participate significantly in combat, was never a SEAL, never fought in North Vietnam, was never in special operations, and never trained SEALs in martial arts in the course of his duties. He has repeatedly lied about all of these facts for years, including in materials intended to promote his services as a martial arts instructor.
Full article here on Bullshido.org:
Last edited by Phrost; 5/10/2009 6:18pm at .
Posted On:5/10/2009 12:48pm
Thank you Chuck, this is a great investigation! Richard, you have some explaining to do.
Posted On:5/10/2009 1:11pm
The POW Network Style: none
Your summary of the facts is clear, concise, and covers all the bases. You did your homework and presented the information in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I'm pleased that I could be of some assistance to you in this matter.
As they say in the Navy... BRAVO ZULU ("Well Done")
Steve Robinson RM2(SEAL)
SEAL Team ONE
Inshore Undersea Warfare Group ONE
-UDT-SEAL Association - Member
-POW Network Board of Directors
-Naval Special Warfare Archives - SOF Analyst/Contributing Journalist
-Disabled American Veterans - Life Member
-FORMER Special Investigator - SEAL Authentication Team
-CyberSEALs.org - Webmaster
-Author - NO GUTS, NO GLORY - Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters
Posted On:5/10/2009 2:00pm
Incidently Steven's book "No Guts, No Glory - Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters" contains dozens of examples of such behavior.
Said book can be ordered from Steve here:
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info