Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 10:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by katan-ko View Post
    These forums are more childish than slam books. I have known Guerra for many years. I also know that a very sick street person was recently sent to Brackenridge hospital after years of stalking Guerra and his family. Guerra's patience finally wore out.
    Please provide the details as I am SURE there would be some manner of police record detailing the stalking and subsequent assault.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 5:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome....

I'm no sifu and I can hit homeless dudes with a tire iron like the best of them.

But you see I dont, because thats nothing to be proud of. Sifu has no way of dealing with a mentally ill person (who by definition doesnt know what they are doing is wrong) except to near cripple them?

No other option, violent or non-violent, direct or indirect, presented itself because he was out of paitence?

Yeah, sounds like a great guy to learn from.

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 5:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, let's not take this anonymous jerk's word for it. Richard Guerra may have done nothing at all to Damrow. Guerra might consider suing katan-ko for libel, however.

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 11:02am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are concluding our investigation of Richard Guerra.

During the investigation, we discovered a number of serious problems with his story and want to give him a final opportunity to answer the questions posed by Samuel Browning and me on the thread.

We have an article on Guerra that is ready for publication. It is not favorable.

If he does not respond in writing, answering the questions Mr. Browning and I have asked, this will indicate he does not have any reasonable explanation for some of our issues of concern, and we will simply publish the article as is. If he cooperates, we may be able to uncover some information that will change our conclusion that he has lied about important aspects of his life history.

The questions again, for Mr. Guerra's review:

1. You mentioned that you trained SEALs and intel units in Soryu Karate takedowns and joint locks. Was this part of your duties, or something you did on an unofficial basis? How many SEALs did you teach, and for how long? What martial arts backgrounds did they have, and what were you able to teach them?

2. You mentioned participating in Operation Homecoming and Operation Linebacker II. What was your role in those operations?

3. You mentioned engaging the NVA and the Viet Cong in heavy firefights on land and in the coastal waters of North and South Vietnam in the Gulf of Tonkin. How many firefights were you in? When and where did they take place? What was your role in those firefights?

4. You mentioned an involvement in search and rescue operations in North and South Vietnam in Haiphong Harbor. How many of these operations did you participate in? When and where did they happen? What was your role in these operations?

5. Specifically what injuries did you sustain?

6. How did you injure yourself on shore in North Vietnam?

7. What were you doing at the specific time you were injured?

8. Which month and year did this injury or injuries take place?

9. You indicated you were ashore in North Vietnam. How many days on the ground did you spend there? Where were you located. What did you do while there? What dates were you actually in North Vietnam?

Please respond within 48 hours, Mr. Guerra.
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 5/08/2009 12:13pm at .

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 12:14pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I added in question 9 to the above post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 1:36am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That thread was like reading a detective novel.

Some innocent question about a guy, then a mysterious stranger named "ashadown" has multiple personality disorder, then some guy dies.

I seem to be missing a piece of the puzzle - I even used the search function. This thread has nothing from January 2009 to April 2009 and it looks like some headway was made in the investigation during that time. Was the content excised? Because this thread is awesome and I'd love to read it.

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 12:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Summary

Richard Guerra is a wing tsun and soryu karate instructor in Austin, Texas. He has made many claims about his past military service, including that he saw combat during the Vietnam War, that he served as a Navy SEAL, that he was involved in Navy Special Operations, that he fought in North Vietnam, and that he trained Navy SEALs and other special operations personnel in martial arts. Based on publicly available records, we can refute these claims. Guerra did not participate significantly in combat, was never a SEAL, never fought in North Vietnam, was never in special operations, and never trained SEALs in martial arts in the course of his duties. He has repeatedly lied about all of these facts for years, including in materials intended to promote his services as a martial arts instructor.

Full article here on Bullshido.org:

http://www.bullshido.org/Richard_Guerra
    Last edited by Phrost; 5/10/2009 6:18pm at .

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 12:48pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you Chuck, this is a great investigation! Richard, you have some explaining to do.

Military Veteran

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 1:11pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     The POW Network Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chuck,
    Your summary of the facts is clear, concise, and covers all the bases. You did your homework and presented the information in a way that leaves no room for doubt. I'm pleased that I could be of some assistance to you in this matter.

As they say in the Navy... BRAVO ZULU ("Well Done")
    Steve Robinson RM2(SEAL)
    USN 1970-1978
    SEAL Team ONE
    Inshore Undersea Warfare Group ONE
    -UDT-SEAL Association - Member
    -POW Network Board of Directors
    -Naval Special Warfare Archives - SOF Analyst/Contributing Journalist
    -Disabled American Veterans - Life Member
    -FORMER Special Investigator - SEAL Authentication Team
    -CyberSEALs.org - Webmaster
    -Author - NO GUTS, NO GLORY - Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 2:00pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Steve,

Incidently Steven's book "No Guts, No Glory - Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters" contains dozens of examples of such behavior.

(Shameless Plug)

Said book can be ordered from Steve here:

http://www.moosecreekforge.com/special.html