supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    What are you really afraid of?
    Being exposed as a fraud and a liar.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    4/10/2009 7:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gonna chime in here about Sifu Richard Guerra. I'm going to talk about what I know not what I've heard. There are many stories about him taking on 10, or 15 or 20 dudes with sticks/knives/bottles and such and winning and walking to the ER to get rebuilt. I can confirm none of this firsthand but it is an old Austin Legend. Probably he fought a bunch of people once and did pretty okay and with the re-telling the dudes got bigger, better badder with more weapons. But who knows?

I do know this:

1) A former friend of mine (and Hedge and Emetshamash) studied _ing _un under Guerra for about 6 months. This friend of mine and I have parted ways. Guerra flipped out on him one day and called him and anti-semite for wearing a small one inch palestinian flag pin on his lapel. The argument escalated to an offer of gong-sau. Said friend declined and continued his chunning with Sifu Web.

2) I met two of Guerra's karate students at the san-shau event at the Austin Martial Arts fest. They were both very good fighters. They both placed and one of them fought a friend of mine for 1st place. Afterwords they were very nice, made sure I got in the group photo with them and Emetshamash and our buddy. They called it a family picture and were very awesome good natured dudes in addition to being well trained.

My conclusions are from what I know and have heard are that Richard Guerra can definately fight. His Karate students can fight. My friend who chun'd with him could fight already (several years of MT) and still can (He was also an anti-fascist with 10+ years of service. I've seen him put a couple of nazis down in that time). He left not because of the training but because of the trainer.

I would not advise people to study under this man. He, at the very least has a short temper. And he is not above striking, baiting and threatening his students.

hope this helps,
    Antifa

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    4/12/2009 11:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken;2098544
    According to the Social Security Death Index, there is a Michael Jay Damrow which died on March 13, 2009 at the age of 32. It doesn't list *where* he died, only that he did die and the two-digit code can mean:

-His SS# was issued in Texas
    -His last known residence was in Texas
    -His death was recorded in Texas

[ATTACH
    9987[/ATTACH]

Please note that the SSDI is not bulletproof. It only list persons who have died while enrolled in some government assistance program. Thus if a person receives SSI, VA benifits, has an outstanding student loan, food stamps etc... It will list them because it is notified by the relevant federal agency.

However... if they are not enrolled in any program there is no mechanism for their SSDI to be notified. Thus they will not be found with that search and their SSN will still be valid and usable.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/12/2009 12:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa View Post
    Please note that the SSDI is not bulletproof. It only list persons who have died while enrolled in some government assistance program. Thus if a person receives SSI, VA benifits, has an outstanding student loan, food stamps etc... It will list them because it is notified by the relevant federal agency.

However... if they are not enrolled in any program there is no mechanism for their SSDI to be notified. Thus they will not be found with that search and their SSN will still be valid and usable.
    Not entirely correct. It is fair from bulletproof, true, however:

It will list them if they are notified by any party completing an SSA-721 form, which is a report of death by a funeral director. This is a voluntary form and not required to be created and submitted and can and will be done regardless of any actual or potential benefits being claimed currently or in the future.
    -or-
    if they are notified in conjunction with commencing or terminating a claim for Social Security benefits and are provided with the 721 or a certified copy of the state's death certificate. Generally this is viewed as the "Widows and Orphan" claim. These are strictly SSI benefits.

The Code "72" next to the individual's name means they were notified by way of a 721 form. The other numerical numbers would coincide with individual states.

State, County, Local and Federal Agencies all have separate databases and do not often share their information. Example: the Veteran's Administration, Internal Revenue Service and Social Security offices are not interlinked and often it can take weeks, months or even years for their offices to be notified of death. Hence, if the person DID have a student loan or VA benefits, those offices would need be notified separately.

Food stamps are generally a State/Local/Municipality benefit and not under the purview of the SSA and wouldn't be affected by the SSDI.
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 4/12/2009 12:24pm at .

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    4/12/2009 12:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FWIW, the person presented in the youtube videos does look older than 32,
    and is considerably ovreweight.

Not the kind of person you would think of running a Karate dojo.

Honestly, I think this is just an ellaborate troll job.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    4/12/2009 5:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Not entirely correct. It is fair from bulletproof, true, however:

It will list them if they are notified by any party completing an SSA-721 form, which is a report of death by a funeral director. This is a voluntary form and not required to be created and submitted and can and will be done regardless of any actual or potential benefits being claimed currently or in the future.
    -or-
    if they are notified in conjunction with commencing or terminating a claim for Social Security benefits and are provided with the 721 or a certified copy of the state's death certificate. Generally this is viewed as the "Widows and Orphan" claim. These are strictly SSI benefits.

The Code "72" next to the individual's name means they were notified by way of a 721 form. The other numerical numbers would coincide with individual states.

State, County, Local and Federal Agencies all have separate databases and do not often share their information. Example: the Veteran's Administration, Internal Revenue Service and Social Security offices are not interlinked and often it can take weeks, months or even years for their offices to be notified of death. Hence, if the person DID have a student loan or VA benefits, those offices would need be notified separately.

Food stamps are generally a State/Local/Municipality benefit and not under the purview of the SSA and wouldn't be affected by the SSDI.
    Interesting. Thank you for the clarification. The rest was my own detective work running the database against a known dataset. ie people I've seen dead and buried not in the database. And people I've known to be dead for more than a decade not in the database.

I hmmm and hawed and wondered how it could be and that was the only way logically within my dataset it would work. Thank you for patching the holes.

Posted On:
    4/12/2009 6:33pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by This is Sparta! View Post

Been to many karate dojos?

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    4/12/2009 6:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank White View Post
    Been to many karate dojos?
    LOL. Oooh the humanity...

Posted On:
    4/12/2009 9:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by This is Sparta! View Post

Honestly, I think this is just an ellaborate troll job.
    Damrow was homeless for large portions of his life, from what I know. He probably did look older than his actual age.

He was fat, but what gave you the idea he ran a dojo? He was a contact for Guerra's school, but does not appear to have had instructional or administrative responsibilities.

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    4/12/2009 9:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guerra teaches or taught for a long time in public parks. the dojo has minimal overhead and administrative needs
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast