supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On that supposedly aztec art:

http://www.allempires.net/forum_post...823&PID=140881

http://www.allempires.net/forum_post...823&PID=504814

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaomachtia

From Wiki, sums up the other threads pretty nicely:

No existe registro alguno sobre su uso en tiempos prehispanicos, ni tampoco de uso actual.
    I call BS on Richard Guerra.

:bsflag:

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/08/2009 11:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    According to the OBITFINDER, which has a comprehensive listing of Obituaries from over 700 newspapers in the US and Canada, there is no Mike Damrow listed as having a public notice of his death published in the last 6 months.

According to the Social Security Death Index, there is a Michael Jay Damrow which died on March 13, 2009 at the age of 32. It doesn't list *where* he died, only that he did die and the two-digit code can mean:

-His SS# was issued in Texas
    -His last known residence was in Texas
    -His death was recorded in Texas

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Damrow.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	9987

Death records in Texas, as far as I know, are considered public-access with no rights of privacy assumed. Anyone in Austin can probably go to the Department of Health Services, Office of Vital Records to obtain a copy of his certificate of death, should they wish one.

You can probably access a copy of the police report as well. In the Austin Statesman, there is no mention of Mike Damrow, however:

http://www.statesman.com/search/cont...321heroin.html

So he may, in fact, text back he is dead if this is really him. If he does call James Randi and share with me the MILLION DOLLARS.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/08/2009 1:50pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't know why but, this made me laugh.

I will be forwarding this thread to TeM.

He had a similar argument with hand me down oral lineage.
    Holy fucking crap, apparently this kind of crap is going global. First it was Moche fighting from Inca times, and now it's Aztec stick fighting in Southern Mexico (which as Hedge pointed out, it makes no sense.)

I'm not anthropologist either, but I can tell you with certainty that this Aztec stick fighting tale is bullshit.

Even the term 'Aztec' is inaccurate, for the correct name of the people who founded this specific state in Central Mexico were the Mexica Tenocha (allied with the Alcohuas and Telpanecs in triple aliance), just one group out of the many city-states that spoke Nahuatl as their primary language.

Just as in Peru, the history of Mexico from the time of the conquest as well as prior to the arrival of the Spaniards was carefully captured by both Spaniards themselves as well as native scribes under patronage of the Church.

If someone claims that something was preserved from the Aztecs in complete obscurity, this is most likely bullshit. Mexico is a country with a rich history, well preserved and well documented.

Only a LARPER south of the border, or an ignorant fool north of the border would fall for this tripe.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    4/08/2009 2:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    Hey. Um i'm not an anthropologist or anything but I was actually in southern mexico for close to a month as a human rights observer in an indigenous village where the primary language is tzotz'il.

1: Why would a supposedly aztec art be taught in...southern mexico?

2: What language is that? It doesn't sound like any indigenous language spoken in oaxaca or chiapas. Is it supposed to be nahuatl? But was nahuatl ever even spoken in that area?
    It doesn't look like Nahuatl at all. Mind you, I don't speak Nahuatl, but I know enough of its morphology to know what to expect. It could be a real word for all we know, but the people who claim this is a real martial arts should be able to explain the morphology and meaning of this word as well as the language that it comes from.

And you are right in your second question. I'm not aware that Nahuatl was ever spoken in Southern Mexico at all. But then again, Southern Mexico is pretty big and diverse. Nahuatl is spoken in some areas of Veracruz, Oaxaca and Tabasco states.

But and by large, the languages from Southern Mexico down to Honduras have historically and predominantly being Mayan, Zapotec, Mixtec and other Oto-Mangean, and Misumalpan languages.

Not Nahuatl. Nahuatl (at least the Nahuatl branch spoken by the Aztecs and languages derived from it) is a language predominantly from Central Mexico.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    4/08/2009 11:46pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's it. I'm [s]starting[/s] rediscovering an ancient Taino art with an elaborate vocabulary of techniques that sounds suspicously like bonghits and cockslurping noises.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    4/08/2009 11:47pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** you if you don't understand. This is my heritage, blanquito.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/08/2009 11:56pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's it. I'm [s]starting[/s] rediscovering an ancient Taino art with an elaborate vocabulary of techniques that sounds suspicously like bonghits and cockslurping noises.
    Too late my GF already holds a 10th dan
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Posted On:
    4/09/2009 7:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    shakalaka-jutsu with deadly maracas?

Spoiler:
    someone with better gimp/photoshop skills than mine needs to make an image of a dude with a grass skirt, nose piercing, with an armadillo carcass for helmet (or a pumpkin), swinging a nunchuk made out maracas tied together with trends of monkey guts while yelling hooka-hooka-shakalaka-hooo from a horse stance.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 4/09/2009 7:53am at .

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    4/10/2009 3:59pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just got off the phone with the City of Austin Birth and Death Records office. They confirmed over the phone that Mr. Damrow passed away. The woman I spoke to said she would only confirm or deny any facts that I gave her. I asked her if a Micheal Damrow passed away in March. She confirmed this. I asked her if he died on March 13, 2009 and she confirmed this also. Then I asked her how old he was at the time of his death. She told me she would have to go look it up on the death certificate. I told her not to bother.

I am sorry for your loss Mr. Guerra.

Posted On:
    4/10/2009 4:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by richguerra View Post
    mr mike damrow passed away 3 wks ago in austin texas heroin overdose is suspected.
    This is a lousy thing to write, especially given that the tox screen results are not in yet. Why did you have to mention a mere suspicion?

You spent a lot of time haranguing me in voicemail about respect for the dead. Where is your respect for the dead?

I think you should stop hiding behind your excuses and start answering questions. You clearly don't respect the dead. You've been ducking my calls for far longer than you've been claiming a death in the family. What are you really afraid of?
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast