Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 12:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Aleks Emelianenko on Kimbo and the UFC

On Kimbo:
    Aleks Emelianenko: In reality, as a fighter, as a fighter heís weak. For me anyway. My promoter [Vadim Finkelshtein] suggested this fight to his promoters, that I go there and fight Kimbo. And theyíre not taking the fight. They realize that for me heís too weak.
    I wonít be fighting with him, playing with him. Iíll go there and tear him apart, bite him in two. Exactly like it was with me and [James] Thompson, whom it took almost three rounds for Kimbo to put away. No. Heís to be congratulated on one hand, though. Ö
    What does he need? For people to know about him. For people to have seen him. Everyone earns money anyway they can these days. Heís not a fighter, heís not a sportsman. Iíd say heís more like a showman. I can say this about him.
    As a sportsman heís very one-dimensional. Hands? Is that all? These days everyone can use their hands. When fighters at a decent level compete, you wonít understand who he was before. A boxer or a wrestler. Ö I train with boxers. I used to beat -- I now beat world champions. I box with them. Iím not a fighter that fought with fatties, with who knows who on some field or something. Thatís not a display of his prowess as a fighter. Itís just a show. They are elements of a show.
    On the UFC:
    Aleks Emelianenko: I also wanted to fight in the UFC . But as a Russian fighter, Iím not interesting to them. They are interested in their own, in Americans. Thatís why they didnít let me compete in their organization. They were saying that ďWe donít want Aleksander to fight for us.Ē Because Iíd arrive there, beat everyone and then take the belt back to Russia. They donít need that.
    Those organizers, promoters, they need their own person. Thatís how they make their money. And thatís how they carry themselves, the UFC. I know that as of right now, theyíve ruined relationships with many and that many fighters have left them. They are now facing some very serious competition, and I think theyíll fall. I think theyíll fall to the second tier. To the place where they were, when Pride still existed.
    Pride was better; Pride was number one in the world. So I think that itís criticism of the organizers -- itís not a criticism of the fighters. Theyíre worthy sportsmen. Good fighters. Itís a criticism of the organizers, of the promoters. They take everything and just wreck it. Instead they should be strengthening everything, making everything stronger, stronger and stronger. But people are leaving them.
    Instead they now have very serious, very worthy competition in the world. And not that much time will go by before things change.

****Aleks is thinking the same things that Hardcore Fans is thinking, Im not surprised that he's thinking that way*****

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...o-Part-2-13709

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 1:08pm

Style: BJJ / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the rest of the article he talks about hunting bears with a knife. WTF. I can't believe anyone would be that crazy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 1:23pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by recourse
    In the rest of the article he talks about hunting bears with a knife. WTF. I can't believe anyone would be that crazy.
    Bear Claw: the anti-grapple

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 1:24pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by snakerattle79
    On the UFC:
    Aleks Emelianenko: I also wanted to fight in the UFC . But as a Russian fighter, Iím not interesting to them. They are interested in their own, in Americans. Thatís why they didnít let me compete in their organization. They were saying that ďWe donít want Aleksander to fight for us.Ē Because Iíd arrive there, beat everyone and then take the belt back to Russia. They donít need that.
    Yes, the UFC were so afraid of a non-American fighter coming in and taking their heavyweight belt they hired Nogueira and Werdum
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

blotter art.

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 1:53pm

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by recourse
    Thats fucking badass, can you learn to do that in the states?

and LOL at him saying "Now I'm totally responsible" right before "yeah, I went into the wilderness with the intention of killing a bear with a knife"

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 2:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I kind of forgot what the rest of the story was about when they said he killed a bear with a knife. That is fucking crazy! He's lucky he didn't get his dumb ass killed.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 2:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty accurate commentary, but it coulda used less self aggrandizement and Pride nuthuggery. Aleks would have just as much trouble in the UFC as any other fighter making the transition.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 4:40pm

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Around the end of the article he said he stabbed it with a fork? Did he just bring a set of eating utensils or something?

Yeah, I also hate how he was making excuses for his losses. Not training is not a good excuse at all. It just shows how stupid you are for going into a fight unprepared.

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 5:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Aleks would make the transition to UFC better than Cro Cop did, he's more of a get stuck in type of fighter who'll grind out wins rather than get frustrated like Mirko did.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 5:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's a convicted criminal and wouldn't get a work visa in the US
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast