Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 2:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sub Zero Fighting: 8-2-08

Just dropping in to shamelessly self promote:

There's going to be an MMA event in Little Rock, Arkansas on August 2nd, featuring a variety of talent from Arkansas and the surrounding area, including Bullshido's very own Vince Tortelli making his amateur debut.

This is a reputable event put on by Westside MMA, NOT some kind of Ali G publicity stunt. To buy tickets and get event info, check out www.subzerofighting.com.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 2:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you suicidal? Fighting subzero, you'll get frozen and shattered into a thousand pieces!

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 2:31pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, pssht. I taught him the 'get over here' spear move.

Hey Vince- best of luck dude. Don't let the jitters get the best of you. Hit em hard!
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 2:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks budo, but since the guy I'm fighting is 2-0 and reportedly loves to stand and bang, I think my best bet is to go all Gracie In Action (Clinch, takedown, submission). This puts me a bit ahead of my little brother, who is up against a guy who is 5-4, and whose gameplan is to charge across the ring with a tornado roundhouse kick, "and just see what happens from there."

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 2:40pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, but don't be afraid to stand up with him too. 2-0 is really just getting started, anything could've happened in those first couple fights and he might even be a little cocky for it. Just keep it in mind.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 3:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recommend this combo

Down, back, back, down, back. I believe this will enable you to teleport behind your opponent and finish him.

Seriously though good luck, I totally expect you to win with some awesome catch hold.

I suggest the spinning toe hold, but to each his own.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 3:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have seriously considered the diving toe hold (I have a very cool video of Josh B. demonstrating this tech on my computer, but apparently it won't connect to this website. Bad computer! Bad!)

The story of how we ended up on the card is classic. I and my brother had just driven six hours to attend a Mauricio Rua seminar in Little Rock, and while we were there Westside MMA was talking up their upcoming MMA event. After returning to Mississippi, I began to chew him out for not taking his training seriously. (He's one of those natrually talented people who exist to make the rest of us feel bad, he placed second in his first BJJ tournament, with his total grappling training consisting of reading Eddie Bravo books.)

Him: "Man, I just can't get motivated to do all that fighting, working out, eating right..."

Me: "So what would motivate you? Do I have to call up Matt (guy who runs Westside) and tell him I've got him a fighter at 155?"

Him: "You don't have the guts."

Me: "Oh yeah?"

One phone call later, and BOTH of us have a date with destiny in Little Rock. The moral of that story is that I'm an idiot, and my brother is actually an evil spirit sent by the Devil to get me killed by repeatedly exposing myself to life threatening situations.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 4:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good luck man, im from NWArkansas so i may be able to make it

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 5:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    I have seriously considered the diving toe hold
    catch FTW.

he placed second in his first BJJ tournament, with his total grappling training consisting of reading Eddie Bravo books.)
    IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!
    the picture of Helio.....you know, the one you had to bow to before every class.....is currently weeping tears of blood.

The moral of that story is that I'm an idiot,
    that is the moral of EVERY story you are involved in.

and my brother is actually an evil spirit sent by the Devil to get me killed by repeatedly exposing myself to life threatening situations.
    remind me to make a burnt offering when I get home from work.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 5:31pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go get 'em Vince, dole out some Bullshido rage on your opponent. Better post some videos, too.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast