Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/03/2008 3:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

maintain weight, trim fat, get stronger

I'm looking to maintain my weight, but not gain. I don't want to lose weight either; i just want to get stronger. What kind of diet and supplements is recommended to add to a difficult workout routine and maximize results. Hopefully i'm not throwing my money away by taking creatine and whey protein.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    8/03/2008 3:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just so you know what you're actually asking here:

You want to lose fat mass without losing total mass, which implies replacing the fat with something else, probably muscle. You also want to gain strength.

This means that your goals are:
    -Lose fat
    -Gain muscle
    -Gain strength

Any minute now, you're going to receive the following advice:
    -Pick one of those three to focus on
    -Read the sticky threads at the top of this forum
    -Straighten up and fly right

All of which is good advice.
    Last edited by TheRuss; 8/03/2008 3:31pm at .

Posted On:
    8/03/2008 3:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP, did you use the search function before you made this thread?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/03/2008 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobACooper
    I'm looking to maintain my weight, but not gain. I don't want to lose weight either; i just want to get stronger. What kind of diet and supplements is recommended to add to a difficult workout routine and maximize results.

Read the sticky thread: Important PT Threads You Need to Read. El Macho es Muy Perezoso - No BS Martial Arts

In particular, follow the links on nutrition and MA-related strength training.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobACooper
    Hopefully i'm not throwing my money away by taking creatine and whey protein.
    And because of this, I'm closing the thread. Read the sticky thread (before creating a new thread) so that you don't post this kind of stupid **** next time. Once you have completed your reading, you are more than welcome to create a new thread.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris