POWERRR!

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 8:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrekBJJ
    Cage Rage is promoted to attract these sort of characters and you reap what you sow. The Cage Warriors card in Nottingham was much better than this anyway.
    definitely, Cage rage has a sort've tacky atmosphere about it.

also does anyone else think it odd that Mcsweeney could have a shot at the british title after only two fights in cage rage? (one of which he lost?)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 9:15am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's odd for sure but not surprising.

They think he will bang and sell tickets so they're pushing him heavy. It's farcical but not as farcical as standing up Baroni as soon as he got mount and was ready to unload on Jansen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2008 8:23am

Style: MMA/Kung Fu/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    I've seen Stav fight in the UWC promotion several times and he always makes mince meat out of his opponents. Anyone know how he did?

EDITED TO ADD:

Sure Grip Vale Tudo fighter Stav Economou (Pictures) went head to head with Piotr Kusmierz in a rough battle of attrition, both men landing heavy blows in a series of wild exchanges. The fight went back and forth, but "Crazy Bear" Economou was able to score with several slams, even launching his 125 kg (275 lbs) frame in the air to come crashing down on his exhausted Polish opponent. Despite his face showing some significant battle damage, Economou dominated the standup encounter toward bout's end and scored a well-deserved unanimous decision in his Cage Rage debut.
    I'm sure I missed something in that fight, the commentators were loving it but hardly anything seemed to happen!

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 10:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Su Lin
    I'm sure I missed something in that fight, the commentators were loving it but hardly anything seemed to happen!
    i've noticed that alot with the larger heavyweights, they tire easily and not as much happens. granted not a fantastic amount happened but crazy bear was consistently more active than his opponent who appeared to be suffering from the detrimental effects of having too much muscle mass.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 10:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Su Lin
    I think there was what Cage Rage refers to as a 'great atmosphere' by which they seem to mean 'barely contained race riot'.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12