Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 6:31pm

Style: Ju-Jitsu/BJJ/Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am disturbed that any professional would refer to himself as a counter-terrorist, instead of counterterrorism expert, operative, etc.

Jeff Cook

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 6:31pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by A.M.
    You'd think someone who has taken fencing would have a better knife fighting stance.
    even someone who also does escrima, roma gypsy fighting, Kali, escrima, TKD, Wing Ching, Kung fooey, kali yuga, okinawan ju te, pu te and french cru' te?

According to Wagners dossiere by the time a thrown punch comes in range... he has forgotten more than most people master in a lifetime of study!

Posted On:
    7/17/2008 6:39pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since Jim Wagner has an article on himself in Dutch over on his website, from Mix Fight Magazine, I requested that Lebell, our Dutch member go over and see what sort of claims that Jim makes for himself when he trains people in the land of the Windmills.

Reading Lebell's translations I found no new claims, Jim descibes his experience in English and Dutch in the same way.

See: http://www.jimwagnertraining.com/abo...iastories.html

What is relevant is the author, Erik Hein owns the organization that organizes Wagner's seminars when he comes over to the Netherlands.

http://www.martialartsseminars.eu/contact.html

Such lack of objectivity is however, almost standard practice in the martial arts community

Posted On:
    7/20/2008 10:19pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a letter I obtained from a former Costa Mesa PD officer.

"Mr. Browning:

Jim Wagner was a civilian custody officer with Costa Mesa PD and was later hired as a full time police officer. He did work field duty and was on the SWAT team. Since I was not a member of SWAT, I do not know what his capacity was with the team. He was responsible for setting up some real life type training for SWAT, one of which I was involved in. I did teach a 18 month course for CMPD SWAT at my studio and 7 of the team members graduated as black belts. Mr. Wagner did not participate in this course. Mr. Wagner was also involved in helping me teach the Citizens Academy during one year. I am not sure why he resigned from full time duty and that is something that you would have to possibly speak to Chief David Snowden about. I know that he did become a Reserve Officer for a short time and then left the department. I heard that he became a reserve officer with the Orange County Sheriff's Department and was assigned to the Dignitary Protection Unit. After he left the OCSD I heard that he became a Sky Marshall but did not stay with that profession for too long of a time.

I think he was involved with a company by the name of Hike Stalk Shoot headed up by a retired officer from Costa Mesa by the name of Dan Erber.

Mr. Wagner was still with the department at the time of my retirement in 1997. I know that he has made numerous video tapes and contributed to articles in Black Belt Magazine. He also had a self defense business on the side in Costa Mesa while he was working with CMPD but later turned it over to his partner.

This is about all that I can tell you about Mr. Wanger. I hope that this helps.

Respectfully,
    David Dye
    CMPD Retired"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2008 10:12am

Style: Reality Self Defense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am having him host a seminar at my training center, should I cancel or should I do and get some information directly from him questioning these concerns?

Posted On:
    7/21/2008 10:33am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would ask him some questions.

Hoch Hocheim has a list here.

http://hockscombatforum.com/index.php/topic,4049.0.html

I would ask him to show you his DD214

It will look something like this: http://www.hockscqc.com/blogs/07-08/index.htm

The most important questions will be to find out why he left the Air Marshals, and secondly if he was actually performing SWAT duties as verses working in the command center.

Ask him 1) To prove that he graduated the required SWAT training necessary to carry a sub gun or sniper rifle and go on raids as part of the team.

Ask him to provide you with a list of former Costa Mesa team-mates and commanding officers of this team, and their contact information. Then call them directly and ask what he specifically did as a member of this team.

I'd also ask Wagner to sign a release form that will allow you to inquire of the Air Marshals, why he left this organization since there appears to be the allegation that he left on less then good terms.

These are just my suggestions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2008 10:54am

Style: Reality Self Defense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roger That, Give me a couple of days, I will get as much as I can...

Posted On:
    7/21/2008 11:02am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would also ask Jim, if he ever had permission to teach, or was a certified instructor under any of the following JKD instructors.

Dan Inosanto
    Larry Hartsell
    Richard Bustillo
    Ted Lucay

If he claims he was either, please ask if they ever memorialized this relationship in writing. i.e. ask to see the letter or certificate.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    7/21/2008 11:03am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The plot thickens. What school you teach out of zipit? I'm out on Long Island, I may want to check it out.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    7/21/2008 11:09am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having met Kenpo Fist I can say, that he's a good guy, and won't behave like a jerk if you invite him to your school :)
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast