Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yours truly

Posted On:
    7/05/2011 5:34pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is completely random but he sent a friend request on facebook to me today.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    2/05/2013 2:32am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone wants some solid insight to Jim then give me a shout. I know Jim from back in the early1980s. We were friends and room mates. I was with Jim when he began his "quest" to become someone in the MA world.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/05/2013 5:29am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Instead of posting on a public board then expecting off board discussions, how about you provide what you're willing to discuss, right here.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 1:39am

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Instead of posting on a public board then expecting off board discussions, how about you provide what you're willing to discuss, right here.
    Basically, I know Jim from the early 80s. We became friends and roomed together down on 21st and Oceanfront in Newport Beach, Ca. for about a year. After a few years we lost track of each other. I bumped into him again later, I believe I just got out of the Marine Corps. He was telling me about all the MA stuff he was involved with and wanted me to train and get involved in his business with him. I passed.

When I was web surfing I remembered that he said he was doing stuff with Black Belt Magazine, so I googled in name and starting seeing all this crazy stuff going on. I've seen a lot of questions people were a. asking b. guessing c. wondering etc. So I then found this blog and jumped in to let people know that I can fill in some of the blanks regarding Jim. I've never been a blogger and am not really into it but I decided to try it out. I wasn't trying to start any of site discussions so sorry if I misled anyone. Like I said, I'm not a computer person other than looking up something to buy.

I can't remeber the exact year I met him but it was around the late 70s. He needed a room mate. I moved in and entered the World of Jim. There are so many facets to this guy you would believe it but I'll try to stay on track with the questions and issues I've seen on the web.

When I roomed with Jim he was training off and on at Dan Inosantos studio in Torrence. I think more off than on but Jim said he used to train there a lot more in years past. Jim had a huge amount of respect for Dan and spoke of him a lot. He also talked about elderly guys who ol guy named John who I think was maybe instructors who trained Dan. Elderly guys. At this point in my life I didn't know anything about MA at all. Jim kept pushing me to do some Kali workouts with him and he began teaching me. He then got me to go to watch one of Dan's classes in some warehouse in Torrence. He wanted me to meet Dan face to face because I think he though it would impress me enough to get more involved in MA. Honestly, I can't remember if I was ever introduced or not.

So much for the boring stuff.

What I can tell you is that Jim talked non stop back then about Reality Based Training. He talked about the fake blood and all that quite a bit. He was really locked on to that vision. I looked at it more like he was just a dreamer. He talked non stop about his vision, which I thought was more like a hallucination.

He came back to the house one day and opened a letter with the excitement of a kid on Christmas morning. He had submitted a story to Black Belt Magazine that he was sure they would jump at and publish. The reality was that they told him that it was a great story but they didn't print fiction material. Jim was stunned and depressed.

I also remember Jim talking about one day trying to get a deal with a company to sell use him name to sell their knives. I guess that was how he ended up with Boker.

i remember when Jim told me he was going into the Army. Months later he showed up and said he was out. I asked him why he was out when he had to do a two year tour. He said that he only wanted to go in to get the experience he needed for his training and his resume. I asked him how he got out and he said he told them he was a concientious (sp?) objector. Jim talked how he could train and share that training with someone else who was training them and then he could put it on his resume that he trained them. Understand, I didn't know what the hell he was talking about but reading these blogs has made it crystal clear.

I contacted him again later while I was living in Costa Mesa, Ca. He came by my house in one of the black and whites from Costa Mesa P.D. He was in uniform and I believed was a regular police officer, but after reading the blogs maybe he was a reservest but I didn't look that close at his uniform. As time went on he told me he was the coowner of a company called HSS. He said they were going to host a SWAT training event at a mock city at camp pendleton. He told me that were inviting SWAT teams from all over Ca. and he asked me to come and be one of the actors. I agreed. He was right, there were SWAT teams from everywhere including one of the indian nations. They set up different scenarios at each of the buildings and ran the SWAT guys through one after another. I spent the majority of the time at the largest building that was the embassy, then in a small building set up as a crackheads house and then I was put on a bus and played a bad guy holding hostages. During this time period Jim had mentioned something about an advertisment he did to invite people around the world to come to his L.A. studio. I asked him if I could go check it out. He said it was just a vacant building, no classes are actually held there. I asked him why he bought a studio and advertised it if he doesn't actually use it for a studio. He said it just builds his image that he owns this studio that people around the world go to. That's the first time I ever looked at him and thought of the work Fraud.

I was invited to come back again by one of the HSS guys but I never heard back from Jim for quite awhile. He told me he had a dispute with another guy in HSS and they went their separate ways. I haven't had any contact with Jim since then.

One thing I can tell you is that Jim is a master showman at every moment of every day. If he is at the store buying toilet paper he is wondering how he appears to the cashier. He was always passionate about everything and I can tell you that from what I know about Jim, it's only going to get bigger. His image is the most important thing in his life and he will not stop trying to build it. In his eyes he is bigger than Bruce Lee or all the greats put together. I'm surprised he never invited all the BB Hall of Fame to his training camp. That's not a joke, thats Jim.

More things come to mind as I continue to reflect back, but basically I hope that answers some questions people have.

G 2/3

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 1:40am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Rock Ape;2758551]Instead of posting on a
    Last edited by G 2/3; 2/07/2013 2:11am at .

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 1:41am

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    clear.
    Last edited by G 2/3; 2/07/2013 2:15am at .

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 3:41pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    are there any real or worthwhile rbsd videos course or teachers worth researching at all im from ottawa Canada?

Posted On:
    4/21/2013 6:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are actually quite a few very good rbsd instructors out there. To name a few

chris clugston
    Vladimir vasaliev
    paul vunak
    jim wagner
    jim west
    and martin wheeler

These are only a few, but there are many great rbsd teachers out there

Posted On:
    4/21/2013 7:03pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chris Cluggston refused to answer questions about his army background and language training over on Hoch Hochiem's board, and his claim to have discovered a long lost fighting art is bullshit.

Posted On:
    4/21/2013 7:05pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    prove it
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 243031323334 35 LastLast