Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 232930313233 3435 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2008 10:59pm

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that would be a simple solution - simply redact the private information. Good point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2009 7:17pm

Style: SEKKJBA, MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm hopped up on sinus meds right now but so far reading the whole thread from the beginning and his bio, but seems so far the biggest thing is him calling his Air Marshall service, counter terrorist missions and him being way to eager for the role

but i may be wrong

lets let Samuel Browning list up all the concerns and the status of each(like what was found out, other collaborating or Wagners own response) so we all can have a new list

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2009 7:51pm

Style: Ju-Jitsu/BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Sam's original 13 questions in the opening post of this thread still stand. It seems that many of the questions originate from Jim's posts on other forums. Re-read the very first post of this thread, and check out the links to the other forums that Sam has provided.

I want to reiterate that his use of the term "counter terrorism" in the context he used it is a HUGE red flag. There is a fundamentally huge difference between "counter terrorism" and "anti terrorism." Anyone with an introductory one-hour class would know this. That one mistake says a lot about his ignorance of the topic; in my opinion it says all that needs to be said. His long rambling smoke-and-mirror diatribes on those threads further reinforce my opinion.

I personally would shun any of his classes based upon that one mistake. I want to receive instruction only from those instructors who understand and acknowledge their own limitations and gaps in knowledge. That type of training is way too important to be gussied-up with bullshit. Your life may depend on that training. Unfortunately he has now been alerted to that, and probably has adjusted-fire based upon this thread.

One may argue, "But Cook, he may have pumped up his resume a bit, but his teachings are still valid" and I will counter with "There are too many qualified instructors out there who don't feel the egotistical need to bullshit their students - it's not like there are a shortage of instructors. I can pick and choose, and I choose the one who isn't going to bullshit me." So save your breath and your typing fingers. ;-)

Jim, I do not know you personally; you may have decent stuff to offer potential students. Answering Sam's questions in a direct no-BS way will go a long way towards changing some opinions. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone can recover from mistakes.

Jeff Cook

Posted On:
    1/03/2009 8:46pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They were actually Hock's 13 questions. Some have been apparently answered, others have not. I'm buried under work right now. So if someone else wants to take it, be my guest.

Posted On:
    1/03/2009 9:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    How would we obtain access to this information?
    someone mayy have answered this already, but there is a copy of what appears to be some kind of formal military service confirmation type thingama thing (I have no idea what they call these in the US). You can find it on the phonies link listed previously by clicking the blue "Actual Records" part.

It indicates less than a yeats service spanning 1980-1981

Posted On:
    1/03/2009 9:51pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't know if this has been covered or not, but: Jim Wagner's website states that he was not SF, and that when he trained with 19th Special Forces Group (one of two National Guard SF units), he trained with their Military Intelligence Company. Which means he would have trained with SOT-As (force protection and intel collection), SOT-Bs (analysts), and Human Intelligence guys, not tabbed SF guys (green berets).

Not that I really give a ****. Just providing possibly useful information.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    1/05/2009 6:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jim Wagner is holding a week-long seminar here this month. Saw a friend of mine on facebook was attending so i thought i'd post a link from bullshido on the wall there so people could read before attending.

what was the general consensus on this guy? real/fake/good/bad?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/e...6359375&ref=nf
    Last edited by Neildo; 1/06/2009 4:28am at . Reason: its actually not that old.
    :new_all_c

Posted On:
    1/05/2009 12:34pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Provides basic training, didn't spend more then 7 months in the regular army, was really a police officer, padded SWAT and "counter-terrorist" credentials.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2010 5:53pm

Style: BJJ, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah things have been busy, I'm workin on a case right now, that I started a while ago i just dont have time to post it all yet

Okay guess what it seems that black belt got rid of him anyway!