Our Sponsors:

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 1819202127 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/20/2008 7:11pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steve, why don't you start your very own thread on Hubbard, here on Bullshido?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 9:15am

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRBSD
    Yes, I read the whole thread and all the other threads posted on other forums.

It pains me, this baying mob mentality, especially when it's based on scant fact. I can only see some possible evidence of exaggeration on Jim's part, of which I see examples on his competitor websites. It happens all the time in advertising and it's no different in the RBSD world.

Steve
    Okay then. But what's the diffrence between an out right lie and a exageration?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 1:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Reality Based Self Defens

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    So I make a joke about him, big deal. I challenge you sir, to show me where my facts are incorrect.
    Thanks Sam,

I would be useful to have a list of facts in a concise post. You may think that joking is fine but it tells the outside observer that the forum admin are willing to ridicule Wagner which gives the impression of bias. Or is it just me? This is either very serious as others have stated, or a bit of a joke.

Steve

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 1:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    Ok,i dont get this part, isnt that just like saying you can't sue one bad doctor because there are many more out there?
    Who's to say how many more will follow?

Scrutinise all, yet so far you only mention Hubbard, something personal going on here?

'WE've also yet to work out...etc' : this means you will be contributing to this thread?
    What is mentionned and confirmed so far is already pretty something imo.

I have translated your posts as this:
    You basically you agree with something but its just that people here have slant, should come with evidence instead and focus on someone else then Wagner.

question: could you explain a little more on what your part in the rbsd field is?
    Hi Lebel, your translation is correct. I have no part in the RBSD field, just an outside observer poiting out a few things. The reason why I highlight the behaviour of Joe is that it is very pertinent to this thread.

Steve

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 1:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steve, why don't you start your very own thread on Hubbard, here on Bullshido?
    Thanks Sam,

And what do you think that would achieve? Surely it's better to see the outcome of this then someone else can choose to follow it up.

Steve

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 1:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by A.M.
    Okay then. But what's the diffrence between an out right lie and a exageration?
    Hi A.M,

I really don't know, a very grey area and I don't profess to know it. Depending on the outcome of all this, maybe there will be clearer guidelines to follow. Maybe there should be an Advertising Standards Agency that could be applied to the MA/RBSD world

Steve

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 1:58pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you have a forum?

I mean joking happens until the article appears. I mean, you have used sarcasm ( a form of joking) yourself.

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 2:14pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Sam,

And what do you think that would achieve? Surely it's better to see the outcome of this then someone else can choose to follow it up.

Steve
    You are the one who says that there is something wrong with Hubbard's claims. If you feel that this is relevant, you should start your own thread and assemble some facts.

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 2:26pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Sam,

I would be useful to have a list of facts in a concise post. You may think that joking is fine but it tells the outside observer that the forum admin are willing to ridicule Wagner which gives the impression of bias. Or is it just me? This is either very serious as others have stated, or a bit of a joke.

Steve
    I do think that joking is fine. We are not the CBS evening news, and we are entitled to have our own opinions. If people such yourself think less of us, because we mock people to make a point, that is your problem, not mine.

I find it funny that Wagner calls a routine ride on an airplane which he was protecting, a counter terrorism mission. If he wants to call it a protection detail or security work thats fine, but its not a counter-terror mission, unless you argue that every time someone pulls guard duty where they could possibly be attacked by terrorists, a counter-terrorism mission.

I'll give you an example. Lets take Joe, a hypothetical Marine guarding our embassy in Beruit during the 1980s. During this time the American embassy was blown up twice by car bombs. There was definately a terrorist threat present. Lets say that Joe's responsibility is to man the guard house, or walk the perimeter with a shotgun. Lets also stipulate that he is doing, needed, patrotic, security work and putting his life at risk. Each time he goes on duty, by your definition, is he conducting a "counter-terrorism mission". If so, in two years at the embassy, would he not have conducted well over 500 counter terrorism missions assuming he reports to work every day?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2008 2:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do think that joking is fine. We are not the CBS evening news, and we are entitled to have our own opinions. If people such yourself think less of us, because we mock people to make a point, that is your problem, not mine.

I find it funny that Wagner calls a routine ride on an airplane which he was protecting, a counter terrorism mission. If he wants to call it a protection detail or security work thats fine, but its not a counter-terror mission, unless you argue that every time someone pulls guard duty where they could possibly be attacked by terrorists, a counter-terrorism mission.

I'll give you an example. Lets take Joe, a hypothetical Marine guarding our embassy in Beruit during the 1980s. During this time the American embassy was blown up twice by car bombs. There was definately a terrorist threat present. Lets say that Joe's responsibility is to man the guard house, or walk the perimeter with a shotgun. Lets also stipulate that he is doing, needed, patrotic, security work and putting his life at risk. Each time he goes on duty, by your definition, is he conducting a "counter-terrorism mission". If so, in two years at the embassy, would he not have conducted well over 500 counter terrorism missions assuming he reports to work every day?
    That's fine Sam, you have answered my initial observations.

Steve