Our Sponsors:

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 8:40pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started this thread after Brian Lee informed me that POW Net had dug up proof that Wagner had been in the army for only eight months. Since POW Net's work had been very solid on Gyi, I started collecting information here.

If I was Wagner, and I was legitimate, I might have refused to answer some of the questions based on their wording, claiming that they presumed facts that were not accurate, but to see a total refusal to discuss the matter makes him look like he is hiding something. Secondly if he chose this path he would have to explain specifically which facts were not accurate and presumably provide some more details.

On the bright side zipit777 , not only did you help, I think you protected your interests in a reasonable manner. Certainly Wagner can't say you didn't try to talk it out with him first.

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 8:52pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To know if Robert Young is responsible for allowing Jim Wagner to b.s. we would have to know if anyone had previously brought this state of affairs to his attention. If this had not occured, then he could reasonably state that he acted in good faith by publishing Wagner. As to how much background checking he should have done? Well, once Ohora, Black Belt Magazine's book publishing arm decided to publish a book by Jim, they should have gone through his background with a fine tooth comb.

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 9:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    To know if Robert Young is responsible for allowing Jim Wagner to b.s. we would have to know if anyone had previously brought this state of affairs to his attention. If this had not occured, then he could reasonably state that he acted in good faith by publishing Wagner. As to how much background checking he should have done? Well, once Ohora, Black Belt Magazine's book publishing arm decided to publish a book by Jim, they should have gone through his background with a fine tooth comb.
    Exactly. B;ack Belt was to my knowledge the first to introduce the columnist as expert format for martial arts mags. prior to that time a guy might regularly write for the mags but he was not touted as an expert, rather he was presented as a luminary in his endevours.

So, for example, if I have Hoshino and Duncan writing for Ninja illustrated and someone cries foul, I say 'well I only know these guys are well represented in their field so we publish their work." But what Black Belt did was take that step one step farther and present a bunch of guys as columnists who had "expert" status in the community... and BTW Wagner is far from the only one. And they are all imo a joke.

Just shows bad bad judgement and the martial arts community has every reason to ask for a bullshit detector.

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 9:49pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone is a regular columnist then the magazine should do a background check or be able to confirm their status in the field first hand. I bet however, that since Young supposedly did not have much of a background in the Martial arts, Wagner could have met him one day in uniform, waved some certs in front of his face, and Young would not have known enough to ask about his particular duties for the SWAT team.

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 10:07pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    If someone is a regular columnist then the magazine should do a background check or be able to confirm their status in the field first hand. I bet however, that since Young supposedly did not have much of a background in the Martial arts, Wagner could have met him one day in uniform, waved some certs in front of his face, and Young would not have known enough to ask about his particular duties for the SWAT team.
    Yup. Thats exactly what they have to do. Or, at the very least they could make their position crystal clear. For example, the New York Times may state that they do not endorse a particular columnists opinion over a hotbed issue.

You know Sam, all I can say from my experience with Black Belt is that they were/are so fucking mercenary that when something like this blows up in their face it is not shocking. I mean whatever the flavor of the month is.... thats who they are loving. It is literally one step removed from Hockum, plain and simple.

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 11:33pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But didn't you also enjoy their Kathy Long articles? That was very enjoyable nutriding to say the least.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 11:59am

Style: SEKKJBA, MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it burns me that i have to spend6 bucks a month on a mag with the readable parts adding up to 3 dollars

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 12:19pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's still 10 billion times better than TKDTimes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 2:19pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's not saying a lot.

I swear, if I see one more Kuk Sul Wonnabe in their black and gold uniform, with pink fans and wearing sunglasses....

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 2:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Strategies and Tactics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "My friend also had knowledge of why Wagner was no longer with the Air Marshall's service. Evidently Wagner was constantly trying to access areas that he was not supposed to go into to "test" the airport security. He got into trouble for this. He was also constantly late for the flights because he was putting on "disguises."

This troubled air marshal story has barely gotten out in public. The public instead, has been told by Wagner, thee "I was bored so I left the Air Marshals" story. He was actually in big trouble. And, after such a very short time! And what is barely known next is his excuse story you mention here, Specops06- "I was testing security" excuse - this rank, begining, new rookie playing Seal Team Red Cell?

This alibi, cover story is told next as an excuse for this trouble for those who heard about the trouble. But, for something far worse going on? And covered up by his, embaressing, quick departure.

But since you of that area and time? That county? What is all this talk about the Costa Mesa Dignitary Protection Unit? Ever heard of it? Was it the county's? City's?

Where do you suppose that recruiting sergeant is now?

Hock
    Hock.Hochheim@sbcglobal.net
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast