Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Style
    creonte on hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy crap, this thread took a life of its own. LOL.

To be honest, the Internet does get in the way of getting things done, specially right now. It is an addiction. Certainly, Hedge gave me the idea, or rather, the initiative to make some changes. I enjoy posting here. I owe a lot to this website (in particular when I got my staph infection... I would have never caught that on time without the bullies' help.)

The site helped me confirm what I kinda suspected for a long time (most black belt masters couldn't fight for ****), and funny enough, got me to correct my weight lifting far more than any other source of fitness and make tremendous improvements in strength and health.

However, it does take time. I actually sat down and stimated I could easily be putting 3-4 hours a day, sometimes more, not in a single block, but throughout the whole day. I can't have that, I shouldn't. I've been waaaay too busy, not even able to do MA, not even working out, with a shitload of stuff to do at work.

So now my posting will be more discretionary and for when it can actually benefit someone or myself... and if I can get some free time to post more of Jamie Eason, certainly, I will :evil6:

This last week was just retarded busy, documenting and doing a knowledge transfer for the dept is going to take over my functions, trying to tie loose ends and **** like that.

I literally worked Wednesday from 7AM to 12AM, then from Thursday 7AM until Friday 5:30PM (I wasn't smelling that good mind you.) I was so wired up when I came home Friday that I couldn't fall sleep and couldn't eat. I had to drink a beer and some vodka to get me to sleep.

Now, I need to digest a thick book to get ready for work tomorrow (something I needed to do during the week, but **** hit the fan). So, let's see how the hell this enchilada develops.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now THIS IS a "how do quit teh 'tinternet" thread without the EMO.

Don't be a stranger mate.

--Dave
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Style
    MT/SUB GRAPPLING
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Indeed. TCB, baby.

Style
    Koryu Budo, Shooto
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You stay classy El Macho

Style
    sambo/crossfit
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the "special forces intraweebz" you're putting on: lots of sleep deprivation and altered mental states. fun.

America needs more dudes with stones to work over 6 actual hrs/day. What is this? France!?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Style
    creonte on hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was fun years ago to pull long hours. From McDonalds to Home Depot all the way to IT, long hours == overtime (I'm a greedy bastard.) As long as it is in a predictable schedule, I can handle it. But it was the inconsistency in hours, the lack of a predictable schedule that really got to me. I had to carry my cell phone on, all the time, 24/7 for five years, with only 4 days of a mini-vacation in total. It really got to me. l loved my previous job, but I'm too old for that ****.

There is a lot of work where I am right now, but I don't have to bring work home, nor get calls at night. Plus I don't have access to the company's intranet from home, so cold turkey I'm off logging in from home to do work. I've had the best sleep in years and got a chance to watch "Wyatt Earp" and "Tombstone" back to back, maw my lawn, play with the dog and watch the UFC last night with my g/f without having work to do on a weekend. I completely forgot what a normal weekend was like.

Now I'm getting time to keep building my home gym... was thinking to build a pair of squat stands with either 4x4s and concrete buckets, or using galvanized pipes (time to use my powertools and metal drill bits to good use.) But for now I'm using a pair of crawford metal sawhorses (those puppies can handle up to 2,000lbs, more than what I'll ever need.)

Little things like that, time to do your own **** outside of work, training, working out, family, or simply sitting on a couch half naked (to my g/f's annoyance) with a beer at hand, that stuff is priceless.

In a couple of hours I'm going to Home Depot to buy several metal springs. I bought a "Body By Jake" cardio cruiser on craiglist for $25 (usually runs for about $300). It's an ok machine, but I'm going to attach some springs on the bottom part to make it a better cardio machine thingie. Now I have time to build and tweak stuff.

:new_alien:
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 7/20/2008 12:32pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ... Join us... or die
    Style
    KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good to hear you are doing well...
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Style
    Judo, baby! Yeah!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Be well Macho, in all of your en devours and don't be gone long!

Take it easy mate.
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Style
    Trad Ju Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Best Wishes. Always enjoy reading your posts and your generosity with the knowledge imparted.

Ooops! Got run, SETANTA are showing UFC Silva v Irwin on re-run and I don't know the results.
    Cheers

Style
    sambo/crossfit
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho

Now I'm getting time to keep building my home gym... was thinking to build a pair of squat stands with either 4x4s and concrete buckets, or using galvanized pipes (time to use my powertools and metal drill bits to good use.) But for now I'm using a pair of crawford metal sawhorses (those puppies can handle up to 2,000lbs, more than what I'll ever need.)

In a couple of hours I'm going to Home Depot to buy several metal springs. I bought a "Body By Jake" cardio cruiser on craiglist for $25 (usually runs for about $300). It's an ok machine, but I'm going to attach some springs on the bottom part to make it a better cardio machine thingie. Now I have time to build and tweak stuff.

:new_alien:
    building your own gear is very manly, but modifying a "Body by Jake Cardio Cruiser" to suit your needs just f'king pwnns!!
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456