I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 2:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fighting is beautiful.

In response to the SHITTY thread below mine. I decided to make my own. It is a great thread title, but shitty content.

You know why fighting is beautiful? I'll tell you why.

A lot of people ask me why I fight. It's hard to explain to them. One of my many life goals are to seek perfection and beauty. I don't do things unless I find beauty or find it perfects me a little more. Since I was 12 years old, I have been doing ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop and all sorts of other kinds of dance. Ballet is believed to be the pinnacle of human movement.

I competed in ballet dance competitions, I've traveled across the country, I've trained with Bolshoi principals, I've been taught by Poloma. All this hoopla just says, I've done a lot and dedicated myself to the art. And with that, I can safely say that Ballet may be the pinnacle of human movement, but it doesn't hold a candle to human expression in movement.

Fighting always has and always will be the axiom of human expression. In dance, we're taught to simulate expression through hand gestures, through facial expressions and through our body movement. We're taught that certain hand positions and certain movements translate to certain emotions.

But in fighting, none of it is simulated. Your emotions are direct and exposed. Every punch, every kick, every throw, every submission all different but each one backed by emotion and expression. Whether it be anger, glory, will, strength, or even struggling and fear, it's all there.

After having danced for so long, I've noticed that after about 3 years, you tend to find yourself becoming numb and rowing through the motions to get the choreography done. This is what separates the people who become dancers in a company and professionals and those who don't. The ones who do, remember that they're trying to convey emotion and if they're not feeling it themselves, it doesn't show in their movements. I was never good at remembering that, I was too busy trying to remember what I was supposed to do next.

But when I'm fighting, I only have to remember to keep my chin tucked.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 2:54pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jeet Kune Do is the art of expressing one's self.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 2:55pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    In response to the SHITTY thread below mine. I decided to make my own. It is a great thread title, but shitty content.

You know why fighting is beautiful? I'll tell you why.

A lot of people ask me why I fight. It's hard to explain to them. One of my many life goals are to seek perfection and beauty. I don't do things unless I find beauty or find it perfects me a little more. Since I was 12 years old, I have been doing ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop and all sorts of other kinds of dance. Ballet is believed to be the pinnacle of human movement.

I competed in ballet dance competitions, I've traveled across the country, I've trained with Bolshoi principals, I've been taught by Poloma. All this hoopla just says, I've done a lot and dedicated myself to the art. And with that, I can safely say that Ballet may be the pinnacle of human movement, but it doesn't hold a candle to human expression in movement.

Fighting always has and always will be the axiom of human expression. In dance, we're taught to simulate expression through hand gestures, through facial expressions and through our body movement. We're taught that certain hand positions and certain movements translate to certain emotions.

But in fighting, none of it is simulated. Your emotions are direct and exposed. Every punch, every kick, every throw, every submission all different but each one backed by emotion and expression. Whether it be anger, glory, will, strength, or even struggling and fear, it's all there.

After having danced for so long, I've noticed that after about 3 years, you tend to find yourself becoming numb and rowing through the motions to get the choreography done. This is what separates the people who become dancers in a company and professionals and those who don't. The ones who do, remember that they're trying to convey emotion and if they're not feeling it themselves, it doesn't show in their movements. I was never good at remembering that, I was too busy trying to remember what I was supposed to do next.

But when I'm fighting, I only have to remember to keep my chin tucked.
    Didn't you get B&?

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 2:59pm

Style: CMA, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tharuz
    Didn't you get B&?
    **** off.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 3:00pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People who quote entire multiple paragraph posts only to respond with incoherent nonsequiters are the intellectual equivalents of amoeba on crack cocaine...

Yes, Tharuz, I mean you.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 3:02pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But, but .....

I'm a fan of cocaine!

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 3:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to give it to you sarc, you have a point.
    You can hide who you are in all kind of situations but you can't hide who you are in a fight. Seeing how somebody fights will tell you more about a person then 2 years of friendship will. Not only that, fighting gets you in touch with your self (in the cool and good way) you learn about yourself.
    So it is true fighting is beautiful.

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 3:15pm

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We need some more details OP. Does having jazz hands improve your punches? Being light in your loafers give your striking more power?

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 3:29pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll repeat what I've said before:

ghey.
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 3:33pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can someone get Sarcastro a 'Ballet-Dancer' tag?
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast