230550 Bullies, 3793 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 5:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cheers fellas and err, sorry Partyboy.

I really do find BJJ the most physically and mentally tiring thing i've ever done. Add to that the fact that I've been getting up before 6 to travel round the country for meetings and I think you're right - burnout.

Funny, but when I'm feeling like that towards Jits, I still find it easy to go to the gym and lift or do cardio. Maybe because I'm working at my own pace?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 5:23pm

Style: Grappling & Lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    Cheers fellas and err, sorry Partyboy.

I really do find BJJ the most physically and mentally tiring thing i've ever done. Add to that the fact that I've been getting up before 6 to travel round the country for meetings and I think you're right - burnout.

Funny, but when I'm feeling like that towards Jits, I still find it easy to go to the gym and lift or do cardio. Maybe because I'm working at my own pace?
    I think so. I haven't had much trouble getting myself to do some Olympic lifts and HITT.

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 5:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought you posted recently that you'd just got back from holiday - 'cos otherwise, I'd have said you need a holiday.

Agree with the comment that the days you don't want to train often turn out to be the best sessions.

It just might be that the problem is having to get up before 6AM to get to meetings around the country. No wonder you're jaded.

Rest up a bit and you'll soon feel the mental urge to get back into training. Good luck.

Oh, BTW for our friend in Dallas, it's pissed down all effing week in London - especially today. Got wet going to work, got drenched going to JJ, got went going home. And it's supposed to be Summer.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12