222073 Bullies, 4208 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. partyboy is offline
    partyboy's Avatar

    ^ the answer to life

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,586

    Posted On:
    7/09/2008 8:22pm


     Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for me it usually means the sex is good... it's best when the girl's sweating too
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.
  2. Asriel is offline
    Asriel's Avatar

    I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,795

    Posted On:
    7/10/2008 6:16am

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboy
    for me it usually means the sex is good... it's best when the girl's sweating too
    Do people sweat when they're unconscious?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

    " I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

    "Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

    "Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

    "That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

  3. partyboy is offline
    partyboy's Avatar

    ^ the answer to life

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,586

    Posted On:
    7/10/2008 6:43am


     Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    Do people sweat when they're unconscious?
    dunno. but they're definitely more willing to try anal
    In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.
  4. Eddie Hardon is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,483

    Posted On:
    7/10/2008 6:46am


     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboy
    for me it usually means the sex is good... it's best when the girl's sweating too
    Hence that well known line:

    "You don't sweat much for a Fat Lass".
  5. bitparity is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    276

    Posted On:
    7/10/2008 12:00pm


     Style: BJJ/MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss
    The more weight, the further up the weight moves, and the faster it moves, the more power your body has to generate, and because your body is not perfectly thermally efficient, the more power your body dissipates as waste heat. Of course, in practice it's a lot more complicated than that.
    Thanks Russ, that was an awesome answer. Along with that chart, it totally explains why I don't sweat as much benching as I do when deadlifting. Now if only I could do a clean and jerk...
  6. polishillusion is offline

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    1,421

    Posted On:
    7/13/2008 9:45pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss
    It's a measure of a few things, some obvious, some not so obvious.

    -Obvious enough: You lose body water in sweat, so sweat is a partial measure of how much water you need to drink to replenish. (You also need to replace the water you lose in exhaled breath and urine)
    -Less obvious: You lose sodium in sweat. Running low on sodium leads to hyponatremia. Sweat can be a gauge of this too.

    Assuming you're not dehydrated or suffering from some other health problems that affects your sweat patterns, sweat is also a measure of body temperature.
    -Obvious: The hotter your external environment, the more you'll sweat.
    -Also obvious: The hotter your internal environment, the more you'll sweat.
    --Corollary: Most of the chemical reactions that power your body are exothermic - that is, they release heat, usually as a waste product. More reactions per second = more internal heat = more sweat, so if you're sweating less doing something now than you were before, it may indicate that your body's operating more efficiently (which is usually good) or you're taking longer to do the same amount of work (which is usually bad).
    --Another corollary: Body fat can serve as a sort of insulation for the internal organs. Less body fat = less insulation = less sweat required to cool you down to a healthy internal temperature.

    In terms of comparisons between weightlifting exercises, Exercise Power Outputs is instructive. Basically, output power = output work / time, and output work = weight * vertical displacement. The more weight, the further up the weight moves, and the faster it moves, the more power your body has to generate, and because your body is not perfectly thermally efficient, the more power your body dissipates as waste heat. Of course, in practice it's a lot more complicated than that.

    Coming from the worst old poster ever, you are the best new poster ever.

    I love that link, it really shows a great way to understand how much of a work out is a workout.
  7. Toby Christensen is offline

    Martial mediocrite

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,150

    Posted On:
    7/13/2008 9:54pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I only sweat when I'm asleep, strangely enough. I don't sweat during walks, workouts, sex or anything like that.
    What am I?:

    I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

    I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

    That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

    :occasion1

    JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

    Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.
  8. 3moose1 is offline
    3moose1's Avatar

    United States Marine.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Clemente
    Posts
    9,530

    Posted On:
    7/14/2008 2:45am

    Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Christensen
    I only sweat when I'm asleep, strangely enough. I don't sweat during walks, workouts, sex or anything like that.

    Because you actually have to be doing any of those things to sweat...

    PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey
  9. Toby Christensen is offline

    Martial mediocrite

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,150

    Posted On:
    7/14/2008 3:20am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I KNEW SOMEBODY WAS GOING TO SAY THAT!
    Unimaginative comeback ftw.
    What am I?:

    I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

    I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

    That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

    :occasion1

    JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

    Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.
  10. Asriel is offline
    Asriel's Avatar

    I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    3,795

    Posted On:
    7/14/2008 5:07am

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboy
    dunno. but they're definitely more willing to try anal
    It won't let me rep so I'm doing some press ups!
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

    " I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

    "Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

    "Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

    "That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.