Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 9:28am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TUF Series to come to the UK?

The Ultimate Fighter series may come to UK

The Ultimate Fighter series, with British mixed martial artists trying to get a UFC deal, on terrestrial TV? Sounds far-fetched.

It may not be. The Ultimate Fighter series could soon be in the UK, and be shown on terrestrial television, with Michael Bisping as one of the team coaches. Bisping, of course, went from Clitheroe in Lancashire to Las Vegas and won Series 3 of the Ultimate Fighter.

Those are the whispers - not confirmed - that talks are underway to create a first TUF series in the UK, given its success in the US. It follows the success of Forrest Griffin last weekend.

Three years ago, Griffin fought Stephan Bonnar in what has come to be regarded as one of the most significant televised fights in mixed martial arts history. Three days ago, Griffin was part of another significant fight, taking the UFC light heavyweight championship away from Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

UFC president Dana White believes The Ultimate Fighter series had a major impact on what has become one of the fastest growing sports in the world. "It is one of the biggest things that's ever happened to mixed martial arts," White explained this week to an MMA website.

"The people that are on the inside know. Young, up-and-coming talent can't wait to get on that show. And the talent that's coming out of that show... If you look at half the guys that are on our cards, they're coming from this show. The fact of the matter is, the guys that are on the show are on a certain level, and when they come off they're at a whole other level."
    Griffin is testimony to that. White said: "This guy is the American Dream. He was going to quit mixed martial arts. He was going to do the white picket fence, become a cop in Georgia. He didn't fly out like he was supposed to. We had to get on the phone and talk him in. Going into that finale [Griffin v Bonnar] we didn't have a deal. Spike TV was in turmoil.
    "The president of the company had just been fired. I was flying back there 50 times a day fighting with these guys and it didn't look like there was going to be a season two of The Ultimate Fighter despite the huge numbers it pulled. When [the Griffin-Bonnar] fight happened that night, the deal was signed in the alley behind the Thomas & Mack. You see us on a network yet?
    "We're one of the most powerful sports on earth and we're not on network television. The main reason is we know we have to run a business and you can't make stupid deals. Most of these [other] guys are giving all the rights away.

"Even when we were in a bad situation - we payed $10 million to be on the first season - but we own everything lock, stock and barrel. That's unheard of in the television business, to own the content. We move on from here."

default_rating_string_147107939 = "empty,empty,empty,empty,empty";

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/gareth_...may_come_to_uk

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 9:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know it's only speculation but it would do the UK MMA industry the World of good if it did happen.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 9:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if they'll subtitle it for American audiences like they did for Ross Pointon

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 9:49am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for ruining the outcome of the Forrest and Rampage fight for me. Won't need to watch the recording of it tonight now...
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 9:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    Thanks for ruining the outcome of the Forrest and Rampage fight for me. Won't need to watch the recording of it tonight now...
    Sorry Dude, I'm suprised you managed to last soo long without finding out.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 10:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've not been opening any of the threads that have **Spoilers** in the titles ;)
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 10:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While were at it: Asriel... the tooth fairy isn't real.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 10:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mate, I AM the tooth fairy!

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 10:22am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tufhouse uk? and we thought there was a binge drinking problem on the show now...

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 10:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    Mate, I AM the tooth fairy!
    I'm hoping you mean because you collect teeth from your vanquished victims...
    Not 'cos you hang around children's bedrooms at night dressed in a tu-tu.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast