Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Seattle (Ballard), WA
    Posts
    1,776
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh. I do the same thing in my FMA club. People come in to learn some knife, and I just shank them real quick before they know what's up. Got to respect the technique.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    671
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol +rep Ryno

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    17
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey BackFist. For someone with such an obviously diverse background in the martial arts, and I did see your profile, I am surprised to hear you think kata sucks.
    I always thought Kata was an essential part of martial arts training. Hapkido, which you claim to have studied has a great deal of two man Kata, as does kung fu , grappling arts and even Kickboxing. Thats right the guy holding the pads in pad work is participating in a two man Kata., but I am sure you already knew that, right?
    I would like to end on this note. I used paragraphs, buddy.:tongue1:
    Last edited by ben1122us; 7/11/2008 2:34am at . Reason: bad puncuation

  4. #14
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    8,867
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1122us
    Hey BackFist. For someone with such an obviously diverse background in the martial arts, and I did see your profile, I am surprised to hear you think kata sucks.
    I always thought Kata was an essential part of martial arts training. Hapkido, which you claim to have studied has a great deal of two man Kata, as does kung fu , grappling arts and even Kickboxing. Thats right the guy holding the pads in pad work is participating in a two man Kata., but I am sure you already knew that, right?
    I would like to end on this note. I used paragraphs, buddy.:tongue1:
    Nah most Kata still sucks . Lots of people disagree with me on that . But for the skills I like to use and want to learn , Kata isn't all that important as I define kata . Kata is not shadow boxing nor hitting the pads with a partner .

    * edit *

    and those scores for the school review are still wrong , and the OP is still a weirdo ( just check his post history ) .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    17
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will check out OP's Profile, Backfist, and I guess we can agree to disagree on the kata subject.
    I do find kata to be quiet relaxing and have been entertaining taking up Tai chi or some older school of Kung Fu.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    17
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am going to get to the bottom of this. I will just ask my instructor who knows The head instructor of portland bujinkan to ask what happened. We will put this to rest. and if it is not entirely true or if it is a flat out lie, then blood is in the water and the sharks can feed. So, SonicDragonwerk, we'll find out and if it went down as you said, then maybe a few peers of theirs can prevent further said behavior. Hey backfist, look at this as a gift from me to you. Some free food.

  7. #17
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    8,867
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1122us
    I am going to get to the bottom of this. I will just ask my instructor who knows The head instructor of portland bujinkan to ask what happened. We will put this to rest. and if it is not entirely true or if it is a flat out lie, then blood is in the water and the sharks can feed. So, SonicDragonwerk, we'll find out and if it went down as you said, then maybe a few peers of theirs can prevent further said behavior. Hey backfist, look at this as a gift from me to you. Some free food.

    damn ... way to man up brother .

    Lets see what happens .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    17
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SonicDragon, is it? What was the assistant instructors name? When exactly did this happen?
    Give me something to work with here.
    If what you say is true and I get the requested information, then I can slam these guys for what they did. So hook me up.

  9. #19
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    withdrawn
    Last edited by SonicDragonwerk; 7/26/2008 3:11am at .

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    17
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    My Gift.

    Okay Backfist, here is what happened with old boy and the Portland Bujinkan. So before I begin I will go into a little explanation of how the Bujinkan does its kata.
    As I said in previous replies, we do two man kata. In the kata you have the Uke and Tori. The person doing the technique and the person commiting said attack. This is usually done at Bionic man Speed. It is slow and controlled. Some kata begin with one individual delivering a strike. The strike is not hard, but is commited. If you dont move then the attacker follows through with the strike and you get your head pushed back. Key word "Pushed" back.
    My current instructor talked woth the head of Portland family Bujinkan, and yes he did remember said incident. However his story greatly differed from "SonicDragon's" account
    I was informed that yes the head of the Dojo was present. Yes the individual did yell "what the ****!" and that the profane response came from the result of the light, but logical result of not moving out of the way. His head got pushed back. When Sonic Dragon yelled the head instructor came over and took the assistant instructors place. Sonic Dragon had a similar result. and sonic dragon got mad and then the instructor commented on the fact that he was not moving out of the way. He then said that in real life it is very important to move out of the way of a punch or you better learn to just take a punch.
    If I were SonicDragon I certainly wouldnt show up there again. They know about what he said now and are probably gonna blackball him, and rightfully so. You are an instructors worst nightmare. A liability suit waiting in the shadows. WAAAAAA WAAAA!!!
    Needless to say I dont think that Portland bujinkan instructors have anyhting to gain from lying about this. They will still get students and will still continue to do business.
    I think that Sonic Dragon may be exaggerating what happened.
    So that being said, there is your gift, "BACKFISTMONKEY." Enjoy.


    Before I go, I would like to say, I wont listen to anything Sonic dragon has to say. I dont care what your response is and no matter what you say about me as a result of this, what you said will always be behind you.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO