Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 2:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Portland Family Bujinkan

Aliveness: 2. Partner drills, but as far as I can tell, no free sparring. We did hack at re breakables though, and the drills were very alive.
    Equipment: Re-breakables, chop blocks, hanbos, bo staffs, katana, shinai, mats. Might have been more that I didn't see, but you get the jist.
    Gym size: seemed like a good amount of space, enough for what we were doing at least. Room for throws without having to worry about a collision.
    Instructor/ student ratio: The head instructor was present at all times, watching people do techniques, helping with them, etc.
    Atmosphere: Strange. Lights were off, but natural light through the windows illuminated things pretty well, more than enough. The first guy I was partnered with was awesome. Did the techniques slow enough for me to get them and not get hurt, and as I got them, fast enough to be somewhat alive. He was nice, seemed to really know his stuff, corrected things in a way that made sense, and made the technique seem natural.
    Striking instruction: No kicks were worked on, and the punches were extremely basic. Gets a 4.
    Grappling instruction: We worked on a variety of locks, throws, takedowns, etc. Seemed like modified ju jitsu. been a long time since I've had that feeling of "oh ****" as I wondered which direction my body was going, the obvious answer being down. 6
    Weapon's instruction: Presets, disarms, against multiple opponents. No sparring. 3
    Last edited by SonicDragonwerk; 7/26/2008 3:10am at . Reason: Was hyperemotional to put it lightly, or a fucking pussy, to put it realistically

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 2:08am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I visit your dojo, can I smack you in the face too? And would I have to pay for it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 2:59am

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've trained longer than their sensei, can I go and smack him in the face and get my 7th dan too?

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 3:05am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is either a troll job , smear campaign , or the poster didn't read anything about the Dojo Rating System .

The good news is that it is the Booj so no one really cares .

* edit *

oh man these guys are funny :
    Quote Originally Posted by family ninjer site
    Class description: We study the art of Bujinkan Budo, also more commonly known as ninjutsu. This
    class will cover a wide variety of techniques both martial and personal and will ultimately offer the student a
    chance to become more aware of their surroundings and of themselves. The techniques do more than just
    teach effective self-defense, they teach effective everyday living. All students are different, so emphasis
    is put on individual progression rather than group. It should also be noted that, due to the effectiveness of
    the techniques and how they are applied, there is absolutely no sport application for this art

Man 7's for striking and grappling but they say over and over again they do not compete in anything to test their skills .

I would give it a go as a day care center . Of course this is all only based on the information they have provided on their site .
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 7/09/2008 3:11am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Manhattan Beach, California, United States

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 5:17pm

Style: Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One Of my ex students checked the dojo out the aliveness should be 0-2. I ruin students for most other Bujinkan dojos.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 12:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Experience with the Family Bujinkan was odd at best. There was very little structure and they did not practice dojo safety to the highest. In fact they were teaching 3rd kyu to 1st Dan techniques to beginners. They also seemed misguided about what they were learning.
    I didn't , however, get punched in the face. I think they must have sized you up to think that you wouldnt hit back. If I were you I would go back and let that S.O.B. hit you again and then knock his block off, but that is just the Irish in me talking.
    If that did happen to you I am sorry that you were assaulted. I hope you find a better place to train try the White Lion Dojo in Vancouver. It is much more supportive of a learning environment.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 1:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbushi
    One Of my ex students checked the dojo out the aliveness should be 0-2. I ruin students for most other Bujinkan dojos.

Between that and how little nonsense you post ... one would almost think you and your students were just pretending to be ninja . But you know what ? Isn't that what a real ninja would do , learn how to fight ?

You people are a sneaky lot .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 11:55am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Backfist what!!?? Portland family Bujinkan

I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of KATA!!! When performing two man KATA you go at a reasonable pace so that both individuals, the Uke and Tori, get a chance to work on the aspects of the technique as to help the body develop muscle memory. just flat out punching someone in the face with out proper warning or protective gear is not only Rude, but Dangerous. If the event that transpired really went down the way old boy said it did then he has every right to be upset. I dont think you were keeping in mind saftey. If you train someone to fight then train them so that if they have to fight they arent already banged up to begin with. Bottom line is this. If they want to spar or use harder contact good, but they need to have the proper equipment and training. The guy who posted the complaint didnt deserve what happened to him. It just sounded to me like someone was really insecure about themselves and made themselves feel bigger by hitting someone.
    So I say Backfist COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 1:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all please use paragraphs .

Second this is not the correct place to have an investigation . If you wish to find out what the truth behind all of this **** start a thread in the investigation section . They are ninja's for christ sake . This level of ignorance and stupidy is almost expected with "family oriented christian karate TKD ninjer scene " . They try to get hard and end up looking stupid .

Third if I was local I would care a whole lot more . I am not local . If I was associated with JMA I would care more . Shinbushi is in the area , I hear that his group of ninja do it right . Personally if I believed what OP wrote I would care more . I don't believe the OP .

I would like to end on this note tho : Kata sucks . Two man sets are pretty (like drag queen pretty ) . If this "dojo review" is relevant and did happen , man that is a stupid situation . Ninjas aren't really suppose to hit one another . Especially in a "family" environment . They should be playing patty cake god damn it . If they did by chance decide to hit one another I would hope it would be with proper gear and understanding of what was taking place . Not how the reviewer ( OP ) , who gave them such high scores , described .

It doesn't take a genius to see something is wrong with this whole situation .

Quote Originally Posted by ben1122us
    I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of KATA!!! When performing two man KATA you go at a reasonable pace so that both individuals, the Uke and Tori, get a chance to work on the aspects of the technique as to help the body develop muscle memory. just flat out punching someone in the face with out proper warning or protective gear is not only Rude, but Dangerous. If the event that transpired really went down the way old boy said it did then he has every right to be upset. I dont think you were keeping in mind saftey. If you train someone to fight then train them so that if they have to fight they arent already banged up to begin with. Bottom line is this. If they want to spar or use harder contact good, but they need to have the proper equipment and training. The guy who posted the complaint didnt deserve what happened to him. It just sounded to me like someone was really insecure about themselves and made themselves feel bigger by hitting someone.
    So I say Backfist COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 2:10pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Respect the technique? I've never heard that one before.

Don't see how getting hit in the face like that while drilling gives this place a 7.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast