228201 Bullies, 4685 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 357
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. RDRR is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    114

    Posted On:
    7/09/2008 6:23am


     Style: No time for training

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    RDRR, that was no joke and because you're too stupid I'll break it down for you (not like the 100 or so threads on LOLAikido don't already do that).

    GLF tries to paint his JJJ dojo as a non-McDojo by saying that promotions are free. I do JJJ, I'd love to know the name of his dojo to verify this (and ryu).
    Oh, you do Japanese jujutsu? Is that why you spell your style "jiu-jitsu" which is only used by Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu? I thought you were a BJJ nutrider who dissed someone because he did JJJ and tried out Aikido. Turns out you're a BJJ nutrider who does JJJ and thinks someone is stupid for trying out another martial art instead of just jumping the bandwagon like you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    The height of stupidity. One does not need to jump off a speeding train to confirm that one will be splattered in 10 different directions.
    Wow, that's totally the same thing.

    EDIT: Isn't this the sort of thing that should be encouraged? A guy tries out another style to get first hand experience instead of just talking out of his ass like so many others.
    Last edited by RDRR; 7/09/2008 6:26am at .
  2. sochin101 is offline
    sochin101's Avatar

    Graviora Manent

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lincolnshire, England
    Posts
    6,887

    Posted On:
    7/09/2008 6:35am

    Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily

    Brown belt aikidoka...?
    Some schools use coloured belts, some only white and black.

    Or are you worried the belt didn't match his shoes or something?
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

    Gandhi

  3. M.C. is offline
    M.C.'s Avatar

    This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sao Paulo (BJJ Motherland!)
    Posts
    3,643

    Posted On:
    7/09/2008 6:40am

    Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRR
    Oh, you do Japanese jujutsu? Is that why you spell your style "jiu-jitsu" which is only used by Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu? .
    WTF? Are you out of your mind? I am doing the jits too and there are more then 4 ways of spelling it in my country and there is not BJJ nuttriding going on here...
    So please run into to traffic.

    Oh and sure it is good to go and train other styles but only if you go in unbiased and take the "art" for what it is, there are pros and cons to almost every style. And having under a year of training is nothing, even if you train any "good" style you still don't have a grasp of what is going on, you might know some basics but there is a difference between knowing a the basics, understanding the basics, understanding the principles of the art/style.
    So again go catch some butterflies on the highway...
  4. RDRR is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    114

    Posted On:
    7/09/2008 6:57am


     Style: No time for training

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    WTF? Are you out of your mind? I am doing the jits too and there are more then 4 ways of spelling it in my country and there is not BJJ nuttriding going on here...
    So please run into to traffic.

    Oh and sure it is good to go and train other styles but only if you go in unbiased and take the "art" for what it is, there are pros and cons to almost every style. And having under a year of training is nothing, even if you train any "good" style you still don't have a grasp of what is going on, you might know some basics but there is a difference between knowing a the basics, understanding the basics, understanding the principles of the art/style.
    So again go catch some butterflies on the highway...
    I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that people will assume it's BJJ and not JJJ. I'm not putting down JJJ in any way so you don't have to get that offended. I'm just saying, with the words about JJJ that Lily spit out, in combination with her style field I just naturally assumed she did BJJ, and that this was her intention to begin with.

    Nevermind the original posters short experience in JJJ. You don't have to be an expert in fighting to understand when something doesn't work, so how the **** can it be wrong for him to test out Aikido and then writing about it when he found it to be bullshit? On the contrary, if even someone who's trained less than a year can clearly see the faults, the more important I think it is he lets others know about it.
  5. DCS is online now
    DCS's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,041

    Posted On:
    7/09/2008 7:10am

    Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suscribe what the guy who hacked Virus account said.
  6. M.C. is offline
    M.C.'s Avatar

    This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sao Paulo (BJJ Motherland!)
    Posts
    3,643

    Posted On:
    7/09/2008 7:11am

    Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a little situation for you, you step into a bjj class and they do stabilityball drills, what would you think? With no experience and no understanding of BJJ and MAs in general you might think "what the ****, they are rolling on those fucking rubber balls, are they out of their mind, **** that" but you totally lack the skill and understanding to see the point in the exercise.
    I am not advocating aikido or anything and I am sure the aikido was **** and he is entitled to his opinion but he is still lacking the experience and this is what Lily pointed out.
  7. DCS is online now
    DCS's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,041

    Posted On:
    7/09/2008 7:19am

    Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRR
    You don't have to be an expert in fighting to understand when something doesn't work, so how the **** can it be wrong for him to test out Aikido and then writing about it when he found it to be bullshit? On the contrary, if even someone who's trained less than a year can clearly see the faults, the more important I think it is he lets others know about it.
    No, you don't have to be an expert in fighting, but you need to have a clear understanding of the context for what the style has been designed to work. Because if you don't know said context you can end assuming BJJ is about pulling guard/scoot butting in the street and boxing is a method to break your hands against some guy forehead in a bare knuckle fight.
  8. RDRR is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    114

    Posted On:
    7/09/2008 7:32am


     Style: No time for training

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS
    No, you don't have to be an expert in fighting, but you need to have a clear understanding of the context for what the style has been designed to work. Because if you don't know said context you can end assuming BJJ is about pulling guard/scoot butting in the street and boxing is a method to break your hands against some guy forehead in a bare knuckle fight.
    I agree with you, but this is sort of getting out of context. My intention was to criticize Lily for her stupid and non-constructive way of bitching about the thread starter's post. She even called JJJ a LARP martial art, which I'm not sure I agree with (albeit I have a limited knowledge of JJJ), even though she apparantly trains in JJJ herself. And I don't understand why some people thinks the original poster deserve so much **** thrown at him, at least he's trying some things out instead of just assuming that this and that martial art is complete rubbish.
  9. kultist is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    791

    Posted On:
    7/09/2008 7:49am


     Style: BJJ, JJJ, Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRR
    I agree with you, but this is sort of getting out of context. My intention was to criticize Lily for her stupid and non-constructive way of bitching about the thread starter's post. She even called JJJ a LARP martial art, which I'm not sure I agree with (albeit I have a limited knowledge of JJJ), even though she apparantly trains in JJJ herself. And I don't understand why some people thinks the original poster deserve so much **** thrown at him, at least he's trying some things out instead of just assuming that this and that martial art is complete rubbish.
    It's because this site has now moved on. Calling people out for being **** and actually getting firsthand experiences of martial arts before you judge them and getting kudos for that is so 2006. This is 2008, where the proper way to get kudos is to blast newbs for saying perfectly sensible things that would get older members +repped.

    I mean honestly, we're getting 20+ threads a day started by retard 13 year old boys who have just got out of school for the summer and by idiots starting threads that simply say "why is fighting beutiful lol?" and half the members decide that the threads that really, really need dealing with are the ones where a guy goes to a dojo and tells the boards about the bullshido he experienced. Assuming (yeah, I know, making an ass out of uma thurman and all) that he's not totally full of ****, which I doubt he is since he probably wouldn't have said he did JJJ if he was a total troll, he's saying that he was easily bridging and shrimping out of the pins he was using and he was told to tap instead of the other guy shown how to do the pin correctly.
    Yeah, I can understand people saying that he may just have seen the worst of the worst, but Lily, you're full of **** honestly.
    Last edited by kultist; 7/09/2008 7:55am at .
  10. Virus is offline
    Virus's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,967

    Posted On:
    7/09/2008 8:00am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just sick of people ripping on aikido when they don't really know the first thing about it. Aikido has some good stuff in it, as long as you go to the right school and get taught it properly.

    Take kokyu nage for instance, which is one of the best techniques in aikido's arsenal. Most people don't teach it with the right kuzushi. You have to duck under deep to take the arm, kind of like a wrestling arm drag, then the final throw is similar to an osoto but with less emphasis on the leg sweep and more on applying torque on the arm.
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.