Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 8:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The polishillusion is stopping being fat thread.

I am going to document my getting healthy in this thread.

I have spent the last few months soul searching, and I have realized that I need to stop trolling and that I need to work on myself physically. I sat down with the NYU nutritionist and put together a meal plan which I will have stuck to for one month on the 11th. I am going to document what I am eating here, my weight loss, and what my training regime is.

I will get up my last month of eating within the next few days.

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 1:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come to Borodins Muay Thai and quit being a pansy.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 9:24am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to let this thread stay here, even though it should be in the training log sections. As such, I'll expect some quality posting.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 8:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a quick update since I have a midterm to finish by tonight and I see the nutritionist @ NYU tomorrow, so I will hold up posting my eating plan until I get the updated meal plan from her.

I have been eating anywhere from 1200-1500 calories daily for almost a month (6-11-08 was the start). The MD says the first 5 lbs I lost (the first day) were due to water and sodium in my system, and I have lost 12-13 lbs other then that. I am not avoiding any food other then junk food/ too much food. I eat more vegetables, fruit, and whole grain/whole wheat food then before. I eat less meat, and MUCH more seafood/chicken.

I also am jogging/ walking at least 45 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes daily.

Any advice after I post what I am eating will be appreciated.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 8:48pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How much time are you devoting to serious cardio ? (if so, what are you doing other than the jogging/walking as mentioned)
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 10:10pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my experience, the more fun you have at losing weight, the more likely you are to keep it off. Try a bunch of new sports until you find the one, or few, that you enjoy. Try to get proficient at the sport(s). Try the Y, or your community rec dept., internet, etc.

All the sweating and sacrificing and pounding the pavement to get quick weight loss will only make things worse. You'll get sick of it, give up and gain more flab than you started with.

But you are on the right track with the diet. Just don't throw everything out that you like. Eat treats in moderation.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 10:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape
    How much time are you devoting to serious cardio ? (if so, what are you doing other than the jogging/walking as mentioned)
    I gotta get back into MA again, but I do not even know where to start. Let me get into this walking a little more, until I lose about 10 or so more lbs and then I can get into more hardcore stuff.

The Nutritionist and medical Doc at NYU said that I have to get down to 195 before I start anything MA related or ultra hard.

I am 197-198 right now, so I have to wait a little more. I walk a good 5-6 miles daily sometimes, I think that is better then nothing. I at least walk/jog for an hour 5-6 days a week.

I am throwing things that make it interesting in, like I will be walking from NYU to South Ferry tomorrow after classes for exercise.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 11:41pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rowing is an excellent low impact cardio workout as is swimming so I'd recommend either or both to your routine.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 11:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand your reluctance to start any serious training until you lose some weight...but it's hard to gauge how overweight you are without knowing your height and your body fat percentage.

If you're really set on not lifting weights/training MA until you drop some lbs, then I'd recommend getting a cheap bike or some roller blades to mix up your walking. With a bike, you could probably save money on gas and ride to run errands. I'd also recommend doing some basic body weight exercises and stretches to start acclimating your body to physical stress.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 8:04am

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by polishillusion
    Here is a quick update since I have a midterm to finish by tonight and I see the nutritionist @ NYU tomorrow, so I will hold up posting my eating plan until I get the updated meal plan from her.

I have been eating anywhere from 1200-1500 calories daily for almost a month (6-11-08 was the start). The MD says the first 5 lbs I lost (the first day) were due to water and sodium in my system, and I have lost 12-13 lbs other then that. I am not avoiding any food other then junk food/ too much food. I eat more vegetables, fruit, and whole grain/whole wheat food then before. I eat less meat, and MUCH more seafood/chicken.

I also am jogging/ walking at least 45 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes daily.

Any advice after I post what I am eating will be appreciated.
    I was going to comment that it is a good thing you have an MD and a nutritionalist advising you with a calorie intake that low (bordering on too low for proper nutrition and metabolism depending on the individual IMO). Then the other comments make it look like your diet isnt very structured, rather guided by a couple of general rules (calorie limit and no junk), which makes me think you possibly may not be getting good advice.

At that calorie level I would be very worried about proper nutritional balance and wrecking my normal metabolism.

Try out the eval version of this software: http://www.dietpower.com/ ... you log what you eat and it scores your nutrition among other things you will find useful.
    Last edited by muddy; 7/10/2008 8:07am at .
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast